Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: L’s Angels Cape Reinga/90 Mile Beach Ride November 2013

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    I hate to be a pain but I can't read the white writing...
    Just select the text you can't read. The selection will change colours making it readable
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Just select the text you can't read. The selection will change colours making it readable
    I have changed it the light universe is Ghey because of that very reason

Another way to read white on white is to roll the cursor over the text, it turns a pretty shade of blue...yes I attended a Rocket Science class

Bike
    2007 Suzuki LS650 Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I don't understand that?
    We are all going to the Cape, the optional part is the beach run for those that want to do that on the way to the Cape on the Saturday.

Mark Waters wrote:
    ''As usual I'll wander down and meet everyone at Whangarei. And if needed the usual far north breakdown facilities will be available. I only say this because by saying that they are available no one then needs to use them. Which is what we all want. Maha, if you want some one to take a group up or down 90 mile beach (depends on the tides for which is best) then I am available for that. Waitiki Landing has been rebuilt and so gas is now available again up there. It's noy cheap gas but definitely beats walking.''
    Nevermind ignore me, I misread the below:

Saturday : Cape Reinga/Ninety Mile Beach For Those Who Want To.

And I didn't really understand that the bit Mark Waters posted (from the previous thread?) meant there was gas further North. I have still been getting my head around the Saturday outing, I thought it was rather different to that (as to the path it took). I must need more sleep.
    Last edited by arcane12; 29th August 2013 at 13:26. Reason: edited for sanity
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    Nevermind ignore me, I misread the below:

Saturday : Cape Reinga/Ninety Mile Beach For Those Who Want To.

And I didn't really understand that the bit Mark Waters posted (from the previous thread?) meant there was gas further North. I have still been getting my head around the Saturday outing, I thought it was rather different to that (as to the path it took). I must need more sleep.
    A few years ago, Waitiki Landing Servo burned down, it has now been rebuilt which means, there is gas 20kms south of the Cape.
    I edited the first post to cease any further confusion...night night

Bike
    Woot! leave approved! Time to dig out the swimming trunks... and throw them away! Like I'm going in the water!

Now... how to carry the beer... Do we have refridgeration on hand? Otherwise it might be more of a whiskey event.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    Woot! leave approved! Time to dig out the swimming trunks... and throw them away! Like I'm going in the water!

Now... how to carry the beer... Do we have refridgeration on hand? Otherwise it might be more of a whiskey event.
    There is a Wholesalers at Cable Bay, two minutes up the road, no real point in hauling it up from home...
    I have some Talisker Single Malt here (not mine but it's my care) you may a couple of caps on the Thursday night?

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    I have changed it the light universe is Ghey because of that very reason

Another way to read white on white is to roll the cursor over the text, it turns a pretty shade of blue...yes I attended a Rocket Science class

Lol I know, just couldn't be bothered highlighting the white text to read it.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Won't be there... gotta pick up the boss and his gf from the airport that weekend (about time he came back and did some work...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 300
    Greetings all

Would this ride be good leaner experience for a novice like myself, I have only been riding for three weeks but am looking for a long group ride to improve my open road riding.

Appreciate the feed back
    Cheers
    RD

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Greetings all

Would this ride be good leaner experience for a novice like myself, I have only been riding for three weeks but am looking for a long group ride to improve my open road riding.

Appreciate the feed back
    Cheers
    RD
    These rides are for learners/newer riders RD, in saying that, the ride is run in three groups of about 9 bikes. One group is for learners which is headed by myself. There are experienced riders throughout the groups.
    All that I ask is that you ride at the open road speed limit. We had some real new riders last weekend and to be honest, they were exceptional to ride with.

Someone once about these rides ''But that adds to the fun and strange goings on that make this event somewhat unique.''

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Won't be there... gotta pick up the boss and his gf from the airport that weekend (about time he came back and did some work...)
    I know your bike can carry lots, but 2 passengers?

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 300
    These rides are for learners/newer riders RD, in saying that, the ride is run in three groups of about 9 bikes. One group is for learners which is headed by myself. There are experienced riders throughout the groups.
    All that I ask is that you ride at the open road speed limit. We had some real new riders last weekend and to be honest, they were exceptional to ride with.

Someone once about these rides ''But that adds to the fun and strange goings on that make this event somewhat unique.''
    No problem with that, so is there anything I need to do to sign up for the ride, I see it says to book accommodation first so do you phone them and state you will be part of the riding group etc?

Cheers

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    No problem with that, so is there anything I need to do to sign up for the ride, I see it says to book accommodation first so do you phone them and state you will be part of the riding group etc?

Cheers
    Contact Debbie at the San Marino and tell her you're with the November Bike group and she'll probably put you in unit 1 with the single guys
    Once that is done, let me know and you're on the list good to go..

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 300
    Thanks mate all done and booked although Debbie was wondering what we would be wanting to eat etc as she is going away soon??? Might pay to give her a yell if you haven't already.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    A few years ago, Waitiki Landing Servo burned down, it has now been rebuilt which means, there is gas 20 south of the Cape.
    called in there in March, cool digs with great food
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Thread Information