Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: L’s Angels Cape Reinga/90 Mile Beach Ride November 2013

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Awsome Simon..the owner Debbie is not there, she left today I think, the new Manager (Nari) takes over today or tomorrow being Saturday 31st.
    I'm booked in; apparently Debbie left a lot of hieroglyphics that she doesn't understand but all good. Their computer is broken and won't be fixed till Monday earliest so anyone else needing to book or ask questions over the weekend, do it by phone.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant` View Post
    If you want to break the trip down we are in cambridge if you want a place to crash.
    Thanks so much for the offer, you're very kind. I may have a cunning plan to do some work or certification exams up there on Thursday, so that it all goes (legit) under business expenses but I'll have to see how things go.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by bluninja View Post
    Thanks so much for the offer, you're very kind. I may have a cunning plan to do some work or certification exams up there on Thursday, so that it all goes (legit) under business expenses but I'll have to see how things go.
    I know a great hotel in Hamilton that will do B&B for 2 $79, B&B for 1 $69 and let you park your bike inside the huge reception area. let us know if your interested (special KB riders rate through me)

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    I know a great hotel in Hamilton that will do B&B for 2 $79, B&B for 1 $69 and let you park your bike inside the huge reception area. let us know if your interested (special KB riders rate through me)

I've got a couch and a shed for free in Hamilton. Discount rate for KBers

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    I've got a couch and a shed for free in Hamilton. Discount rate for KBers
    You've still got to brave the Auckland traffic on Friday morning though. Allow plenty of time.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    You've still got to brave the Auckland traffic on Friday morning though. Allow plenty of time.
    Agreed, the plan would to be ahead of the ''pseudo early morning rush hour'' on SH1.
    Anyone staying here will be leaving at 8am on the Friday morning for a nice meander to Point A

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s

Traffic? I'm not taking a car lol

Bike
    Mine
    Agreed, the plan would to be ahead of the ''pseudo early morning rush hour'' on SH1.
    Anyone staying here will be leaving at 8am on the Friday morning for a nice meander to Point A
    I brave that route on my morning commute. If I leave Tuakau by 06:00 then it's pretty much a clear run unless there's an accident (even a minor one can cause a queue severl ks long). Leave at 07:00 and it's a matter of some major lane-splitting. Once or twice I've had to split all the way to the CBD.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    I can certainly sympathise. I've had to find a convenient piece of bush on at least one occasion. I'm told it comes with the territory for us middle-aged males.
    We don't have the joy of random tree trunks and bushes on the side of the road.

Even tried yesterday 1 coffee= 4 bathroom breaks and a very dehydrated Juniper because I wouldn't drink anything more for fear of my bladder!! :-(

Mrs Dr and I shall have a talk about this. Tis getting a tad annoying. Grrr.
    What's the point in living if you don't feel alive?

Toying with ones mortality shouldn't be this much fun.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Even tried yesterday 1 coffee= 4 bathroom breaks and a very dehydrated Juniper because I wouldn't drink anything more for fear of my bladder!! :-(
    Coffee/tea is a diruetic, not the best thing to be drinking while riding as it aids dehydration.

General rule of thumb is that you should need the toilet while riding, if not, you'll be dehydrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s

Buy a she-wee and a hose. Sorted.

Bike
    Its a Boat

Could be more to it, toileting a lot is a symptom of diabetes. Yes get it checked, a simple blood test will prove either way. I had it done several years ago.

From the top ten symptoms lists :2. Increased Urination

Typically, diabetes suffers claim they had an overwhelming urge to urinate, which lead to a diabetes diagnoses. This increased urination will often result in severe dehydration.

I use to be the same, one time, heading to Napier I had to stop at the summit to take a piss, I was so desperate to go that, it took me the same time to piss as it did for the others there to have a smoke.

That was after a strong coffee or two at the Taupo Truck stop.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Could be more to it, toileting a lot is a symptom of diabetes. Yes get it checked, a simple blood test will prove either way. I had it done several years ago.

From the top ten symptoms lists :2. Increased Urination

Typically, diabetes suffers claim they had an overwhelming urge to urinate, which lead to a diabetes diagnoses. This increased urination will often result in severe dehydration.

I use to be the same, one time, heading to Napier I had to stop at the summit to take a piss, I was so desperate to go that, it took me the same time to piss as it did for the others there to have a smoke.

That was after a strong coffee or two at the Taupo Truck stop.
    +1 to that. If you feel like you need to pee as badly / as often as you say you are, something isn't quite right IMO. I've had two sprogs and never have any trouble keeping my wees in Maybe some pelvic floor exercises are in order, not everyone's made the same and I know you haven't had kids, but could possibly help. The only thing that makes me want to wee more frequently is energy drinks!
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Coffee/tea is a diruetic, not the best thing to be drinking while riding as it aids dehydration.

General rule of thumb is that you should need the toilet while riding, if not, you'll be dehydrated.
    Caffeine is a diuretic...but only in large doses. So yes if you have 6-7 cups of coffee (about 300 mg caffeine) in one go it will be a diuretic. Normal consumption of tea and coffee has a hydrating effect. Original myth seems to have originated with a 1928 US study, which seems to have stuck despite other studies showing that coffee/tea doesn't make you pee more than other drinks.

I find carbs have more effect on needing to pee as they are converted to sugar and water long after you've consumed them.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

There's needing to go and then there's "oh god if I hit a bump I'm going to crash" needing to go.

No coffee, replace with poweraid if need to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Buy a she-wee and a hose. Sorted.
    Haha and just add a tube running down the side that looks like just another overflow pipe??

With the amount of shit I eat and drink that may not be a bad idea.
    What's the point in living if you don't feel alive?

Toying with ones mortality shouldn't be this much fun.

Thread Information