Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: L’s Angels Cape Reinga/90 Mile Beach Ride November 2013

Bike
    Its a Boat

As it Turns out

A ride this year would have been kind of doable, we are taking five days off from the second week in November. Just three things get in the way ..
    1> I have no bike
    2> The logistics of putting it together while working here would be vertically impossible.
    3> When we have our days off, mixing with people is NOT on the list.

But, while in the laundry for hours on end washing/folding linen etc, ones mind tends to wander. Had a good catch up with Mark Waters yesterday (he is staying here at the moment) and that whole 'away ride' thing came back and the realisation of how good they were to do and been on is greatly missed. Fingers crossed, early next year it may all be on again, not the Cape though, more of a Central North Island thing. There is a lodge three doors up from our home in Mangakino and the roads around that area are perfect for bikes. The mind is ticking.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Waipapa Rd is cool from Mangakino also Old Taupo Rd or kicking through Bennydale onto Waimiha & Taumanganui either way Maha you guys are in a swell spot @ Mangakino look forward to showing you through them when the time is right
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    2> The logistics of putting it together while working here would be vertically impossible.
    I don't think your good lady likes you calling her short...

Oreipunga Rd has been a recent discovery and really fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    Waipapa Rd is cool from Mangakino also Old Taupo Rd or kicking through Bennydale onto Waimiha & Taumanganui either way Maha you guys are in a swell spot @ Mangakino look forward to showing you through them when the time is right
    Yip indeed, Mangakino-TeKuiti-Taumaranui-National Park-Tokannu-Western Access back to Whakamaru

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I don't think your good lady likes you calling her short...

Oreipunga Rd has been a recent discovery and really fantastic
    See, we're tired, need to lay down a spell

Bike
    beryl and daisy
    A ride this year would have been kind of doable, we are taking five days off from the second week in November. Just three things get in the way ..
    1> I have no bike
    3> When we have our days off, mixing with people is NOT on the list.

But, while in the laundry for hours on end washing/folding linen etc, ones mind tends to wander. Had a good catch up with Mark Waters yesterday (he is staying here at the moment) and that whole 'away ride' thing came back and the realisation of how good they were to do and been on is greatly missed. Fingers crossed, early next year it may all be on again, not the Cape though, more of a Central North Island thing. There is a lodge three doors up from our home in Mangakino and the roads around that area are perfect for bikes. The mind is ticking.
    yes, pretty pretty please. I have a new minion now and can also take a day or two off.

oMG i will bring sweets especially made for you and the Missus. - also you can rent bikes.
    squeek squeek

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by blue rider View Post
    yes, pretty pretty please. I have a new minion now and can also take a day or two off.

oMG i will bring sweets especially made for you and the Missus. - also you can rent bikes.
    Probably have one (a bike) sooner rather than later. I have in mind a return trip to the Ohura State Prison then on down the Forgotten Highway.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Probably have one (a bike) sooner rather than later. I have in mind a return trip to the Ohura State Prison then on down the Forgotten Highway.
    Funny, yesterday I had just been over Mount Messenger and spotted the right turn to Ohura and thought, shall I go that way? I skipped it and stopped at Mokau. As it happens there had been a crash in Awakino Gorge and it was blocked. Since no cars were coming from Awakino I thought I would head back over Mount Messenger with empty roads. Isn't the prison up for sale (again)?
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by bluninja View Post
    Funny, yesterday I had just been over Mount Messenger and spotted the right turn to Ohura and thought, shall I go that way? I skipped it and stopped at Mokau. As it happens there had been a crash in Awakino Gorge and it was blocked. Since no cars were coming from Awakino I thought I would head back over Mount Messenger with empty roads. Isn't the prison up for sale (again)?
    No traffic on Mount Messenger? what could be better, though I like heading up the south side more than the other way.
    Prison for sale? yes $100k from memory, go ya halves?
    Even if it sells they still may do the accommodation thing.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Funny, yesterday I had just been over Mount Messenger and spotted the right turn to Ohura and thought, shall I go that way?
    if you take that road & turn off at the mt Dampner sign it brings you out at Moki tunnel which is the south side of gravel road, watch for wandering stock though

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    if you take that road & turn off at the mt Dampner sign it brings you out at Moki tunnel which is the south side of gravel road, watch for wandering stock though
    Just looked on Google maps. Looks interesting. May try it out soon, Ta
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Just looked on Google maps. Looks interesting. May try it out soon, Ta
    you will still have to contend with @12km of Gravel but certainly better condition than SH43 side I went through SH43 last month & it had recently been redone Add a twist to your trip by turning off onto Junction Road once having gone past the pub ( @ 10km ) it follows the Waitara river & gives you options for Inglewood or Stratford otherwise you will meet up with SH3

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    you will still have to contend with @12km of Gravel but certainly better condition than SH43 side I went through SH43 last month & it had recently been redone Add a twist to your trip by turning off onto Junction Road once having gone past the pub ( @ 10km ) it follows the Waitara river & gives you options for Inglewood or Stratford otherwise you will meet up with SH3
    To Inglewood? Is that via Tarata ? Last time I went that way there was some seriously deep large gravel for about 26 km that joined with SH43.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    he's back !!!
    To Inglewood? Is that via Tarata ? Last time I went that way there was some seriously deep large gravel for about 26 km that joined with SH43.
    may do I came across a junction indicating Inglewood but continued following the river

Bike
    beryl and daisy

squeek squeek

Bike
    beryl and daisy
    No traffic on Mount Messenger? what could be better, though I like heading up the south side more than the other way.
    Prison for sale? yes $100k from memory, go ya halves?
    Even if it sells they still may do the accommodation thing.

hmmmm the kitchen would be large enough for a chocolate factory?
    squeek squeek

Thread Information