View Poll Results: How long did your last lead acid battery last?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

16 11.43%
  • 2 years

15 10.71%
  • 3 years

21 15.00%
  • 4 years

11 7.86%
  • 5 years

26 18.57%
  • 6 years

14 10.00%
  • 7 years

6 4.29%
  • 8 years

9 6.43%
  • 9 years

3 2.14%
  • 10 years

19 13.57%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How long did your last battery last?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I still have the same motobatt I put in the RF when I started neglecting it 7 or 8 years ago.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    That's interesting about the Motobatt. Maybe something has changed because I got one for my old 'wing about 5 or 6 years ago and it's still great. Holds a really big charge even when I forget to plug it in to a maintainer and still has plenty in it even if I've been running my headlight all day. Previously the alternator couldn't keep a brand new Yuasa charged if the headlight was on. Luckily it's pre '80... and has a kickstart of sorts ;-)

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I still have the same motobatt I put in the RF when I started neglecting it 7 or 8 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    That's interesting about the Motobatt. Maybe something has changed because I got one for my old 'wing about 5 or 6 years ago and it's still great. Holds a really big charge even when I forget to plug it in to a maintainer and still has plenty in it even if I've been running my headlight all day. Previously the alternator couldn't keep a brand new Yuasa charged if the headlight was on. Luckily it's pre '80... and has a kickstart of sorts ;-)
    Guess thats batteries for ya, some last years others bugger all. I was probably just unlucky but I thought I'd post my result.
    I know I'm getting too old to push start the thing.
    In the olden days when races were push starts I was a bit of a whizz,one step and gone ! But thats ancient history now.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Just an update. I have one of the first Ultrabatt batteries we brought into the country in one of my bikes and it is still going strong. It has now done service in two bikes. It spent some time in Nick Coles ZX10R race bike and has since been fitted to my own Ducati. It gets a very hard time in the Ducati as it is highly modified and it's high compression and relatively inefficient starter motor plus race carburettors without choke mechanisms all conspire against easy starting. When the bike is cold it takes quite a few attempts and extensive profanity to start it.

And because it is a second bike it and I have other vehicles it often doesn't get ridden for a couple of months at a time.

It's a second generation lithium battery meaning it has an inbuilt Load Balancing BMS (Battery Management System) which means it converts the bikes lead acid battery charging system into a charging profile that is ideal for load balancing each cell in the battery. On our full current carbon pile load tester it still delievers the same CCA it did when it was new.

I see no reason at this stage it will not be still going strong when it passes the 10 year mark.

For more information here is an article I wrote son what you need to know about lithium batteries http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index....kd8q00f5pm1k87
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz
    Top brand Motorcycle accessories: R&G Racing, Titax, CTEK, Ultrabatt lithium Batteries, RockSolid, BikeVis, NGR, Oberon, Stopit, TUTORO, Posi-Lock, etc.
    Mobile: 0275 985 266 Office, 09 834 6655

Thread Information