Thread: 2003 VTR 250 Main Fuse keeps blowing

Bike
    2003 Honda VTR250

Post 2003 VTR 250 Main Fuse keeps blowing

Hi everybody

So I have a 2003 VTR250 motorbike (naturally) that has an electrical problem.

The bike cut out randomly as i was riding it and all electronics turned off. I went straight for the fuses and noticed the 30A main fuse was blown. So i went to change it but as soon as i put the fuse in and reconnect the connecter to it, The fuse pops immediately before i can even turn the key.

A mate mentioned it could be a short and i was wondering if anyone else has some insight to diagnosing the issue.

Thanks

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver12345 View Post
    Hi everybody

So I have a 2003 VTR250 motorbike (naturally) that has an electrical problem.

The bike cut out randomly as i was riding it and all electronics turned off. I went straight for the fuses and noticed the 30A main fuse was blown. So i went to change it but as soon as i put the fuse in and reconnect the connecter to it, The fuse pops immediately before i can even turn the key.

A mate mentioned it could be a short and i was wondering if anyone else has some insight to diagnosing the issue.

Thanks
    If I may quote you ... the "A mate mentioned it could be a short" could be correct. So ... all YOU need to do is find out WHERE ... Good luck with that.

Take it to an AUTO-SPARKY and let him/her do their job. Any replies (here) as to your issue will be pure guesswork.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Pure guesswork. Except should be a fairly short search as its on the non switched cct.

Try unplug the starter solenoid on all sides and try again.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information