Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The WR250 Thread

Bike
    1999 BMW R1100GS / 2012 WR 250 R

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave h View Post
    How did you go in your theory? 35/35 they should give you a choclate fish or something aye.

How easy was the edge to install?
    No choccy fish for me... 34/35

The DRC was pretty easy, I just ran in to trouble when half way through the install I realised I couldn't fit the stock flashers to it... Got some pretty ones today for it.

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by That looks like fun View Post
    Looks good. Thanks for that.

Bike
    2015 R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneblackflag View Post

The DRC was pretty easy, I just ran in to trouble when half way through the install I realised I couldn't fit the stock flashers to it... Got some pretty ones today for it.
    You can order the DRC with flashers can't you? I'm interested in getting one for my bike since I managed to kick that silly standard long tail thing during a half arsed mounting attempt and bent it all out of shape...

Did you source yours locally or from the US? I was looking at getting one from soloracer.com.

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    You can order the DRC with flashers can't you? I'm interested in getting one for my bike since I managed to kick that silly standard long tail thing during a half arsed mounting attempt and bent it all out of shape...

Did you source yours locally or from the US? I was looking at getting one from soloracer.com.
    Yea I see you can choose to get them with flashers from soloracer. I just took the part number to my local bike shop and it was delivered the next day. Cost wise it was $40 nz more expensive than the soloracer one, but then you have to add shipping...

Im not surprised the stock one got beat up, I broke mine just backing the bike around in the garage and it bumped the wall, the number plate light part came right off.

What farkels do you have on your bike?

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries

DRC tail light

I'll just add another thing about the DRC tail light that could catch some out: You wont have a rear reflector which (I think) you need for a WOF. You can get the DRC one (another extra $$) http://www.northern.co.nz/products/1...reflector.aspx ooor you can do what I've done and put a small L bracket (fixed on top of the DRC light brcket) with one of the side reflectors off the stock unit attached. This looks better IMO. I'll post a pic of what I've done soon.

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Pictures.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131008_132632 copy.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	288337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131008_132708.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	514.3 KB 
ID:	288338  

Bike
    2015 R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    My bike came with Zeta hand guards, other than that it was bog standard. I've only added grip puppies, 30mm bar risers and a set of Dunlop 606's to date. Had to replace the factory shifter after a piece of drift wood flicked up and broke the hinge. The OEM shifter is incredibly fragile... got all MacGyver on it and tied it together with some flax on the trail to get back to civilisation. Added duct tape to my tool kit now

I'll definitely get the DRC kit but I'm not sure how long I'll have the bike so not sure how many farkles I'll get. Bash plate would probably be next, and if I do decide to keep it, a Safari tank will definitely be a goer.

Thanks for the tip on the reflector. I can see one on the original tail end so I'm sure that'll be on the WoF list for those that look for such things.

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    My bike came with Zeta hand guards, other than that it was bog standard. I've only added grip puppies, 30mm bar risers and a set of Dunlop 606's to date. Had to replace the factory shifter after a piece of drift wood flicked up and broke the hinge. The OEM shifter is incredibly fragile... got all MacGyver on it and tied it together with some flax on the trail to get back to civilisation. Added duct tape to my tool kit now

I'll definitely get the DRC kit but I'm not sure how long I'll have the bike so not sure how many farkles I'll get. Bash plate would probably be next, and if I do decide to keep it, a Safari tank will definitely be a goer.

Thanks for the tip on the reflector. I can see one on the original tail end so I'm sure that'll be on the WoF list for those that look for such things.
    Nice work with the flax

You thinking of getting a bigger bike at some stage?

Bike
    2015 R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneblackflag View Post
    Nice work with the flax

You thinking of getting a bigger bike at some stage?
    I felt positively triumphant yet decidedly muppet like at the same time for not having that sort of thing covered but hey, a good learning experience.

The more I ride it, the more I love the WRR, it's such a neat bike that does so many things well. I'd like to venture much further afield though whilst maintaining that off-road bias so yeah... I know some guys literally ride them round the world but it wouldn't be my idea of the ideal machine for that job. In the perfect world I'd keep it and buy something else as well but reg and insurance just sucks the life\money\fun out of it for me... Very happy for the time being tho :-)

Bike
    2010 wr250r
    That looks much betterer than the stock boat anchor.

I just tried to order one through soloracer but when I got to the "checkout" there doesn't seem to be a way to enter an international address,
    anyhows Ive sent them an email.

Did order a Wolfman enduro tank bag from revzilla though so all is not lost

Bike
    2010 wr250r
    Has anyone got the 3 gallon IMS tank on their WRR? I'm getting annoyed with the range of the stock tank and am looking at this as an option along with the Safari tank.

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    pretty sure "thatlookslikefun" has
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    1999 BMW R1100GS / 2012 WR 250 R
    One that looks like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2762.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	661.3 KB 
ID:	288619  

Bike
    DRZ400sm
    Quote Originally Posted by That looks like fun View Post
    One that looks like this?
    all you need is some supermoto wheels for it!

Thread Information