Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the pick of the 250 four-stroke fours?

Bike
    2009, Honda CB1000R

What's the pick of the 250 four-stroke fours?

I'm trying to decide whether it's a good idea to get something like a cbr250rr or zxr250???? Who knows these things and has the pros & cons for each? the more desireable models (mc22/newer kawi's) seem to all be around the $4000 mark or more. are these worth the hassles if any compared to more modern alternatives like the new ninja's etc????

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    no. For 2 decades, every 250 has been raped to fuckery. So unless youre buying 2012+, flag it.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    a 250 honda hornet or suzuli bandit or kawasaki bailus are the more modern IL4's
    but why a 250??????

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayd3n View Post
    a 250 honda hornet or suzuli bandit or kawasaki bailus are the more modern IL4's
    but why a 250??????
    just about your sig... Are beer and bourbon not booze?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-638667717.htm
    New 4k ok its not the best but 1year warrenty and should last as good as an old trashed 250.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-639620020.htm
    Something different. Might break down most days unless not ridden at all.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-636774498.htm
    Likely the best but a bit dearer.

Found the perfect learner

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-639888522.htm
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    You might be able to get this for $4k. Faster than a 250 four and a lot less raped.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    just about your sig... Are beer and bourbon not booze?
    lol ill drink anything

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    '99 GSX750F, FXR150 bucket, RMX250
    Quote Originally Posted by digger02 View Post
    I'm trying to decide whether it's a good idea to get something like a cbr250rr or zxr250???? Who knows these things and has the pros & cons for each? the more desireable models (mc22/newer kawi's) seem to all be around the $4000 mark or more. are these worth the hassles if any compared to more modern alternatives like the new ninja's etc????
    What makes you keen for a 250 4T four?

When I got mine it was because of the old rules but you've got a lot more options now.

Having said that I think there's still relevance in the 250s as learners and will be trading mine in over summer for something a bit bigger.

Bike
    2009, Honda CB1000R
    Still currently on my restricted license until next Feb. Just really want something to fill the gap before I go bigger & want something fun. I liked the idea of the screaming fours & what they can do

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cbfb View Post
    there's still relevance in the 250s as learners
    Not when they want silly prices for them.

Bike
    Still currently on my restricted license until next Feb. Just really want something to fill the gap before I go bigger & want something fun. I liked the idea of the screaming fours & what they can do
    That's only 5 months away, is it worth the expense changing bikes at this stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    Not when they want silly prices for them.
    It's the people that pay the big money that are silly, not the people who want it. There are bargains to be had if you shop around and the market will eventually level out as demand drops.

Bike
    S1000RR
    For the last time, crying out loud, get a GSX-R1000. It's a fantastic learner's bike! Or go test ride a Yamaha R1. That's a good learner's bike too.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    For the last time, crying out loud, get a GSX-R1000. It's a fantastic learner's bike! Or go test ride a Yamaha R1. That's a good learner's bike too.
    Make sure you put Ls on it though, there's a $100 fine for that

Bike
    2009, Honda CB1000R
    That's only 5 months away, is it worth the expense changing bikes at this stage?
    The thing is right now I don't have a bike, & with all these fine weather days that seem to be happening and summer getting pretty close I'd rather not miss out on the next 5 months if I don't have to. Hence why I'm only looking at 250cc as most stuff bigger in the LAMS category is ridiculously expensive & I'd like to have a bit of fun on a bike over summer if I can.
    Last edited by Hitcher; 19th September 2013 at 17:50. Reason: Sloppy cutting and pasting

Bike
    [QUOTE=digger02;1130613676]

The thing is right now I don't have a bike, & with all these fine weather days that seem to be happening and summer getting pretty close I'd rather not miss out on the next 5 months if I don't have to. Hence why I'm only looking at 250cc as most stuff bigger in the LAMS category is ridiculously expensive & I'd like to have a bit of fun on a bike over summer if I can.
    Ah OK, KB says you have a gl145.

Yes that would suck not having a ride in this awesome sunshine (well here anyway), Spring Fever hit me recently to and I got the bike out again.

I've had my wee bandit for a while now (same engine as the GSX) and been pretty happy with it. Enough power to have fun (it is quite grunty for a 250) but I haven't got myself in trouble too much either.

As for price, people are starting to realise that 250s are not as sought-after as they were before LAMS came in and the market is reflecting it. I know because I am selling my bike later in the year so I have been keeping an eye out. I think I'll lose out a bit but that's life. There are some sellers who are sticking to the pre-LAMS prices but there are a few bargains to be had.

I know there's plenty of people saying 250s have had their day but it's your choice.

Thread Information