Page 2 of 196 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2014

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Good idea, flick him an email I'm sure it will crystalise it for him.
    Just my opinion that receives the sracasm Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Actually every interview I've read he talks about retiring to try finish projects at home.
    Is said home in New Zealand? (I haven't got this wrong too have I, he is a Kiwi eh?)

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Ah, well, no. He's from Adelaide. However I think he was over for the Marlboro series one year on an RG500.

Bike
    Yamaha TT250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    The Yamaha can't have been that bad, it just needed final set-up.

Since that time, until the day Rossi slung his leg over the Ducati, he and Burgess carried the legend of being the best development team in the business. The two years with Ducati raised some questionmarks over this. I doubt that we'll ever learn the truth.

But, as I said on the 2013 thread, Aprilia are in need of some experience since their man jumped ship to Ducati and they have announced a full-on MGP effort for 2015. Could be Burgess might end up there.
    Rossi is the Roger Federer of bike racing; maybe just hung on too long. Or, doing the right thing and making someone TAKE his ride off him. I hope it's the latter.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mhbarber View Post
    Rossi is the Roger Federer of bike racing; maybe just hung on too long. Or, doing the right thing and making someone TAKE his ride off him. I hope it's the latter.
    as long as he enjoys it and the crowd make him welcome what's so wrong about him being out there?
    tis a sport after all and not everyone wins in each race it's not a possibility

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Silvano Galbusera Confirmed as Crew Chief of Valentino Rossi for 2014

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/g...ssi+crew+chief
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    as long as he enjoys it and the crowd make him welcome what's so wrong about him being out there?
    And he's putting the bike on the podium a bit too, lets not forget.

Fuck I wish Suzuki would take Bautista back for 2015...Hmm, just realised that perhaps the reason Suzuki aren't back next year could be due to a rider's current contract. Hadn't occured to me till now, but I'm prolly just way behind the eight ball as usual.

Bike
    Italian
    First impressions from the Twittersphere are that Pol is working steadily, getting used to the electronics but loving the power and the tires; Scott spent a lot of time talking with Cristian Gabbarini; Cal likes the stability under braking, acceleration, seamless gear box and has some ideas for the understeer issue; Jorge set the fastest time with Vale 0.093 behind; Marc and Dani amongst others elected not to test the first day.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Just my opinion that receives the sracasm Dave? . . .
    Yes, why yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    . . .Is said home in New Zealand? (I haven't got this wrong too have I, he is a Kiwi eh?)
    Nah he's an Awwstraleeann.

Rossi is the Roger Federer of bike racing; . . .
    The who?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Italian
    Piccies of Cal and some others...

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I thought Rossi would be able to keep a ride for years just because of the amount of publicity he attracts. However, if you were to look at the crowds during the later half of the season the amount of Rossi yellow in the crowd has been dropping in favour of a lot of Marquez red.

Looks to me like the gloss of being Valentino Rossi is fading big time, especially as he isn't able to get close to Marquez when MM is back in third place. So ditching Jezza looks like Rossi is realizing this and getting a bit desperate.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I thought Rossi would be able to keep a ride for years just because of the amount of publicity he attracts. However, if you were to look at the crowds during the later half of the season the amount of Rossi yellow in the crowd has been dropping in favour of a lot of Marquez red.

True. He's already three years into that concept.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Silvano Galbusera Confirmed as Crew Chief of Valentino Rossi for 2014

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/g...ssi+crew+chief
    That's a good appointment. Be interesting to see if it's the change that's needed. See how it goes through 2014 and if he's not getting any wins retire before he becomes one of those that have held on too long (although some reckon he has already).
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Italian
    Some interesting tidbits in here from Gigi...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i dont think the Yamaha was as much of a dog as everyone thought.I think the bike that rossi jumped on was actually very good out of the box,and this has been suggested elsewhere before.
    The previous factory Yamaha riders were finishing round tenth IIRC. Yamaha showed Burgess & Rossi several things they were working on, the visitors advised as to their preferences and Furusawa San went to work. I've possibly still got the detail here but the changes were major, as in new bike.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    The Yamaha can't have been that bad, it just needed final set-up.
    Eh? The previous model had a five valve engine, at his request Rossi had a new four valve engine with a cross plane crank and new engine mounting system, the bike was also made higher and less stiff as I recall.

The whole design philosophy had changed with the arrival of Furusawa and Burgess. It was a completely different bike.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information