Thread: Trying sidecar racing - Christchurch

Bike
    KTM

Trying sidecar racing - Christchurch

Hi everyone, I haven't been in these forums in a long, long time. I had a wee look through the pinned posts and some of the others. I was trying to find out where I might try swinging (lol) in Christchurch. I have had a motorbike before but gave it up because I didn't have enough support/knowledge for when things went wrong with it, but I'd really like to stay involved somehow and I have always wanted to try side car racing.

Is there anywhere/anyone in Christchurch who would let me have a go (show me what to do/what not to do etc)?

Cheers, Jess

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    Last King of Ruapuna round someone was going around asking if people wanted to have a go swinging.
    If you come out to the next race with some leathers and helmet and ask around you might get lucky.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Hi everyone, I haven't been in these forums in a long, long time. I had a wee look through the pinned posts and some of the others. I was trying to find out where I might try swinging (lol) in Christchurch. I have had a motorbike before but gave it up because I didn't have enough support/knowledge for when things went wrong with it, but I'd really like to stay involved somehow and I have always wanted to try side car racing.

Is there anywhere/anyone in Christchurch who would let me have a go (show me what to do/what not to do etc)?

Cheers, Jess
    Saturday, 9th November 2013 is the next club day if you come out and introduce yourself, sometimes if there is time we'll take people out for rides, this coming Tuesday there might be a team out practicing if you want to have a look
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    KTM
    Thanks, both of you.

I will try and make at least one of those days. (I work till 12 on Saturdays but could come after).

What time on the 9th Nov (and on the Tues if I can) should I come out?

I will try and borrow some leathers. Though I'm a womens size 10 if someone there has some that will fit....

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Thanks, both of you.

I will try and make at least one of those days. (I work till 12 on Saturdays but could come after).

What time on the 9th Nov (and on the Tues if I can) should I come out?

I will try and borrow some leathers. Though I'm a womens size 10 if someone there has some that will fit....

I missed this - did you ever go out for a look?

I have a 2nd sidecar which we are looking to run a female team on. I have a keen female rider (who has never ridden one before apart from up and down the driveway) and we are searching for a keen swinger. Could work something out here..
    Its heaps of fun I gaurantee and since you'll essentially both be newbies you can learn and grow together with plenty of support from myself and the other sidecar teams I'm sure. I'll be on hand for mechanical side of things too.

The hope is to get the/a team together early next year, have a couple of practice days (in chch) and then enter the King of Levels series in Timaru and King of Ruapuna in ChCh

Hop on over to the sidecar thread in racing if you are keen or give me a PM

Thread Information