Thread: Boot advice

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Boot advice

Okay well I have a really good Armour-Tech jacket and I'm getting pants of the same brand & a new helmet BUT! I can't find boots to fit me My foot size is quite small, a 5 & a half to 6 but I have big calves. I've tried on a few different types of boots but none of them do up.

Any ideas? Any of you other gals have similar problems?

I thought about buying a pair of 10up Docs...do you think they'll do the trick?
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    I'm afraid that all I can do is commiserate with you, since I've got completely the opposite problem to you!

I currently own size 44 Alpinestars.

Have you tried any motocross-type boots? They seem to have better adjustments with all the leg fasteners.

IMO Doc's are going to be better than sneakers - you won't have the ankle armour and other stuff you get with a proper motorcycle boot, but it's good, strong leather & will protect your foot much better than sneakers would.

Good luck.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    SV650
    Cathy, I have the same problem - sick of trying on both ladies and gents. The only thing I did find (in a Sidi catalogue) in MotoGB, Tauranga was a pair of Sidi short, trainer style boots with all the protection in the right places. Only trouble is they can't get them!
    I'm planning a trip back to the UK this winter, so will make it my mission to find THE boots when I'm there.

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    CSL: will email you from work today with the details of my old boots (I would give them to you but they're a size 44 so would be too big)

Look at kids MX boots - they come down to sizes smaller than your foot size and offer more protection than a street boot an look tougher to ''boot''.Trouble is prices are made to suit Dads disposable income.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    gone
    The Sole of Docs might not be up to it. My girlfriend has a pair of leather zip up boots not designed for biking which fell victim to the z650's big low pipes.

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Cheers...

...once again for all the advice

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    Hi Celtic. My fiancee has really small feet too (5) and she bought some Prexport boots that seem to do the job and were in her size. They're pretty stiff too (although not race style) so will protect well. They're supplied through Northern Accessories so just go ask any shop in Wellington for a price and a pair in your size because they're all bound to have accounts with Northern.
    PM spankme as well because I think he's got the same style prexports that he uses every day so he can vouch for them if they're as good as I think they are.

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Got me some good boots :oD

I ended up finding a pair of steel cap 8ups Doc Martens. They're really comfy & feel great on the bike.
    I know georgedubyabush had said they may be no good against the pipes, but I think it'll be ok with my little 250

Thread Information