Thread: KTM Duke 200 - immobiliser and alarm

Bike
    2013 KTM Duke 200

KTM Duke 200 - immobiliser and alarm

My new KTM Duke 200 2013 needs an alarm but he original one is expensive, if you even can get hold of one on this hemisphere. So I have decided to design and build one myself. Here is the current stage.

Features:
    • Immobilizer - Impossible to start the bike without disarming the alarm.
    • Alarm - Utilizes the stock horn. Goes off in three stages when moving the bike without disarming the alarm.
    • RFID identification - Use a key fob or card and hold it in front of the alarm to arm the alarm.
    • Plug and play - The alarm utilizes the stock alarm connecter under the pillion seat. Just plug in and you're set.

From Sweden, in NZ for a 1 year visit.

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    That's bloody expensive for a bottle fo Cordon Rouge.
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    2013 KTM Duke 200
    More progress.... Still lacking RFID reader for arm/disarm.

image sharing

Bike
    Bikes!
    Consider checking out dx.com

Bike
    2013 KTM Duke 200
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Consider checking out dx.com
    Yes, ordered some stuff from them a while ago. But whats the reference to this thread?

/T

Bike
    Bikes!
    The only thing your are missing at this point is GPS tracking via SMS, and they have those units cheap

Bike
    2013 KTM Duke 200
    That could defensively be implemented. But then we run into questions about power consumption, having a cell phone plan with additional costs, etc. For now it going to come with immobilizer and alarm.

Bike
    2013 KTM Duke 200
    Progress!

PCB has arrived and is assembled.

Alarm is auto armed when ignition is switched off, and disarmed when switched on. The unit provides three stages of alarm. Two warnings and final set off. Utilizes the bikes stock horn as acoustic alarm and the indicators as visual alarm. The dash light indicator informs if anyone has been tampering with with bike while I've been gone. The unit fits under the rubber strap that holds the battery in place. Black and red test probes are not a part of the final solution. =)

Bike
    KTM Duke 390

Relay for KTM Duke

Impressive!
    I am trying to do something similar, could you tell me what kind of relays did you use?

thanks!
    Francesco

Quote Originally Posted by tobbera View Post
    Progress!

Alarm is auto armed when ignition is switched off, and disarmed when switched on. The unit provides three stages of alarm. Two warnings and final set off. Utilizes the bikes stock horn as acoustic alarm and the indicators as visual alarm. The dash light indicator informs if anyone has been tampering with with bike while I've been gone. The unit fits under the rubber strap that holds the battery in place. Black and red test probes are not a part of the final solution. =)

Bike
    2012, KTM DUKE 200

question on 14 socket

hi

can you explain to me how you trigger/turn on socket 14 (pin 11) to active the "key" logo at moto panel?
    DO you supply 12v continuously or 12v on off at pin 11..

please advice..can you direct mail me at azrinscd@gmail.com

thanks in advance
    appreciate your help

Bike
    FC 501
    Progress!

Do you have any pointers for a mechanical engineer on how to go about designing a PCB (software) and getting one off boards made up?

Bike
    214, KTM 390 Duke

How do you activate the horn with stock alarm plug?

Hi,
    I am doing something very similar with my new duke 390 and I cannot work out how you are activating the horn through the stock alarm plug. Could you please explain which connections you use? I can get everything else working (indicators, key light, power, etc), but cannot work out which wire runs to the horn.
    Thanks.

Bike
    KTM 2017 Duke 250
    Progress!

This is great. Can you share components/circuit diagram? I am planning to design something based on Arduino but not sure how to manage 12v

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Bike
    2017, Bajaj V15

Thumbs up 14 Pin alarm connector pin configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by dhruv View Post
    This is great. Can you share components/circuit diagram? I am planning to design something based on Arduino but not sure how to manage 12v

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Sir, can you please share pin configuration of 14 pin alarm connector located below the pillion seat in KTM 200/390. I am trying to control my hazard light with microcontroller, so I need this configuration for it.

Thread Information