Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBTA - What's happening?

Bike
    Whatever is in the garage - FXDC, Bking
    Blog Entries
    Won't know the benefits or price structure and finer details until we have attended one of these workshops at the end of the month.

This is so new that NZTA isn't sure how it will pan out (from what I've heard). Research on overseas programs (that our CBTA is based on) says it should be a great success, look at how LAMS has opened up the market to people who wouldn't be able to ride a 250cc due to their physical size etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    NZTA Approved CBTA Instructor Assessor
    - Restricted + Full Licence Training & Testing
    - Onroad Coaching & Training
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by Qkchk View Post
    Both myself and Qkkid intend to be able to conduct the CBTA 1 and 2 when the system goes live on 1st March. Until then (to my understanding) no one can provide these courses until the national 'go live' date.

Are you or anyone else taking bookings to do these yet? Or is it best to contact you after the 1st?

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    This excites me!
    I'm able to sit my full from late July, but when this comes in, I can do it asap in March, which suits me fine.
    I like the fact its based on more than just a half hour ride (based on what I've seen so far)
    Talking to the testing officers down here, they haven't got much info but its looking promising.

That means I only have to wait two months to be able to ride the street triple!

As far as info given to licensing agents goes, there isn't a lot available, just that its coming in from march and can take up to 6 months off the time between restricted and full. The over 25 time thing is still out, but as far as I can tell, it can eliminate the need to sit on a learners licence for the 6 months (could be interpretation of the info provided, so don't quote as gospel just yet)

Either which way you look at it, its more work to get the class, but it should encourage more training which to me is always a good thing!

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Are you or anyone else taking bookings to do these yet? Or is it best to contact you after the 1st?
    The courses aren't able to be completed until after the system goes live 1/3/14.
    I'm unsure of how early bookings can be made though.

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerMidget View Post
    The courses aren't able to be completed until after the system goes live 1/3/14.
    I'm unsure of how early bookings can be made though.
    Understoond that, was just curious about bookings to be able to get in first. I'm in a similar situation to you. I wanna try to book in a date so that I can take the following day or two off to go test ride/potentially buy a new bike!

Bike
    The Conscience
    No harm in checking with the local providors, like qkchk we are waiting on the workshops for more info but we will be providing these in Wellington

www.twobaldbikers.co.nz
    "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"

Bike
    EX250
    Looking forward to more information post 1st March. Daily Wellington traffic is proving good practice :P

~Mid March is when the learners waiting period is up for me.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Okay here is what's happening:

CBTA1 is for those on their Learners wanting to do the Restricted. There is now NO waiting time to do this course (for example - a person could do BHS/Theory one day, then do the CBTA1 next day).

However - it is STRONGLY recommended to seek professional training and study the course guide before attempting to pass the CBT tests.

CBTA2 is for those on their Restricted already and want to complete their Licence to a Full. This can only be applied for after holding your Restricted for a minimum of 12 Months.

Remember that this comes in effect on 1st March 2014.

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ok, we are now taking bookings for both CBT1 and CBT2 tests for Sat 1st and Sun 2nd March. Doing weekends only for now but the odd weeknight (after 5pm but before sundown) later in March. Tests will be based out West Auckland.

Flick me a PM or email me info@ridertraining.co.nz if you want a spot or more info.

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    Suzuki B-King, Fatbob, YammyTricker

Thumbs up Restricted CBT1 and Full Licence CBT2 NZTA Aproved Testing Provider

Restricted CBT1 and Full Licence CBT2 NZTA Aproved Testing Provider

It has been a long road but we got there.

Our Pricing Structure as is below

Just the CBT1 Restricted Licence Test $180

2nd Option

Restricted "CBT1 PLUS Course" with Training $280

Just the Full Licence CBT2 Test $160

2nd Option

Full Licence "CBT2 PLUS Course" with Training $260

Testing Evenings and Sat/Sun Days
    Contact Dawn TXT/Ring 0210334766
    0800 LRN2RD
    Visit our Website Ridertraining.co.nz

Learn to ride - Basic Skills Handling Testing
    NZTA Approved Motorcycle Instructor
    www.ridertraining.co.nz

Learn to Ride - Basic Handling Skills (BHS) Training and Testing - Onroad Coaching for Restricted/Full Licence Tests
    Auckland Training grounds 63 Mihini Road Henderson
    0800 LRN2RD Txt\ imessage 021878755 or 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I hate to be that guy....

but just curious over the price difference between the CBTA and the bog standard Test cost?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    err, one is black and one is blue ...
    Demonlord, a rider who was booked onto the nzta test said it cost $110 for full test application & test fee. CBTA test looks like if will cost more at $160, but I'd suggest you'll get more out of the cbta training and test combined for riding improvements. I had a CBTA assessment and got some valuable feedback that has improved my riding but got no feedback when I sat restricted test via nzta route.

Bike
    EX250
    Would be good to see some more providers in Wellington taking CBTA bookings. At the moment, it is $575 with training through one provider but considerably less elsewhere.

Makes deciding between the two options difficult. Would much prefer to get some training and rapport with professionals but the +$400 is slightly off putting...

Bike
    Suzuki B-King, Fatbob, YammyTricker

CBT1 Restricted and CBT2 Full licence Testing on Sat/Sun weekends

We are fully booked! this Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th and only have 3 spots left for the following weekend of Sat 5th and Sun 6th
    You will have to book ahead to not be disappointed of getting a spot
    Ridertraining.co.nz
    info@ridertraining.co.nz
    Txt or imessage Dawn 0210334766 Steve 021878755

Learn to ride - Basic Skills Handling Testing
    NZTA Approved Motorcycle Instructor
    www.ridertraining.co.nz

Learn to Ride - Basic Handling Skills (BHS) Training and Testing - Onroad Coaching for Restricted/Full Licence Tests
    Auckland Training grounds 63 Mihini Road Henderson
    0800 LRN2RD Txt\ imessage 021878755 or 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Update

Okay, the CBT has been very popular! So much that I don't have much spare time anymore and The BKing is becoming a common sight on the roads out West or parked up at Westgate waiting for my next student

CBT1 - Learners going for a Restricted
    This has been the most popular of the two tests, doing two of these for every CBT2. Nearly every student is opting for training, (which is wise) gives the chance to make sure there are no bad habits formed and also give advice / improvements. Also practise what is in the actual test.

Style of riding - Little bit of urban riding with a mix of open road Motorway and Country roads for the ride test.

CBT2 - Restricted to Full
    Just to clarify, you can do this at any time when you hold a Restricted. You don't need to wait for the 12 months before sitting the test, just complete the test and hold onto the cert until the 12 months from the day you acquired your Restricted from then apply for the Full.

Style of riding - No urban, only open country roads for the ride test.

We are conducting CBT training and testing on Saturday and Sundays - you do need to provide your own road legal LAMS approved motorcycle that is capable of sustaining highway speeds. If you don't have one, you can hire from either Coleman's Suzuki, Holeshot Suzuki or Yamaha on Barry's Point Road Takapuna. We work on a first in, first served basis.

Have a read of the course guide http://nzta.govt.nz/licence/getting/...urse-guide.pdf

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Thread Information