Thread: How not to jump

Bike
    Various things

How not to jump

A landing you can feel!

Bike
    a shiny one... for now.
    hmmm, so thats what happens when you use the front brake huh. bet he felt that for a couple of days.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Youtube Video Description
    go pro dirt bike crash. tried to hit the freestyle ramp after they relocated it and over shot the landing. broke off 3 teeth and had to get 9 stitches on my chin.
    Another one bites the dust!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by wynw View Post
    hmmm, so thats what happens when you use the front brake huh. bet he felt that for a couple of days.
    The main issue was over shooting the landing *ramp* by about 30 feet mate!

Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Another one bites the dust!
    Via the crossbar!

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    you ever braved any big ramp jumps crasher? not me man, when the first crusty movie came out i started doing a few double jumps and bank/cliff climbs but i never became the next seth enslow, and those kicker ramps are straight out madness
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    you ever braved any big ramp jumps crasher? not me man, when the first crusty movie came out i started doing a few double jumps and bank/cliff climbs but i never became the next seth enslow, and those kicker ramps are straight out madness
    Back in the day when I was racing moto cross seriously I certainly would've had a crack...but that was many moons/nasty ankle breakages ago. My ankle would collapse if I tried to land that shit now mate. Tis why I've taken to VMX. I'm at the last chance ankle saloon now. Next nasty one = foot off.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Back in the day when I was racing moto cross seriously I certainly would've had a crack...but that was many moons/nasty ankle breakages ago. My ankle would collapse if I tried to land that shit now mate. Tis why I've taken to VMX. I'm at the last chance ankle saloon now. Next nasty one = foot off.

shit, thats a sobering thought eh. the ankles do take a thrashing, i broke my right one in woodhill and my right foot another time out trailriding 20 years
    ago and now that foot is giving me death on a daily basis..need a bloody transplant!
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    shit, thats a sobering thought eh. the ankles do take a thrashing, i broke my right one in woodhill and my right foot another time out trailriding 20 years
    ago and now that foot is giving me death on a daily basis..need a bloody transplant!
    Yeah the ankle is a pretty intricate joint....doesn't like being pulverised. I had a triple fushion done a few months ago...no arthritic pain in it now for the first time in several years, but obviously quite restricted in movement seeing as I now have three less joints in the ankle/foot than I used to!

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Way to smash your own teeth in.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    A
    This is what happens when one insists on capturing on camera ones own fabulousness...or lack thereof

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Yeah the ankle is a pretty intricate joint....doesn't like being pulverised. I had a triple fushion done a few months ago...no arthritic pain in it now for the first time in several years, but obviously quite restricted in movement seeing as I now have three less joints in the ankle/foot than I used to!
    Can you get a replacement joint? My partner may need one. Sorry dont know your injury but they have mentioned it a couple of times for her as a viable option. Not common though. I see the pain she gets from it and feel for anybody with the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    This is what happens when one insists on capturing on camera ones own fabulousness...or lack thereof
    Yep...they (cameras) have a lot to answer for!

Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Can you get a replacement joint? My partner may need one. Sorry dont know your injury but they have mentioned it a couple of times for her as a viable option. Not common though. I see the pain she gets from it and feel for anybody with the same issue.
    Depends what she's done to it. You can get joint replacement, but that's normally for the top of the talus (from memory) where it joins the tib/fib. You can also get complete ankle replacement, but they don't last so they won't generally do that until you're an old cunt. I basically munted the talus and sub talar into around 20 lil bits and was always told it'd give me a shitload of trouble down the track due to the severity of the breakage. They were quite right...hence the triple fusion. Like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	487590_10151935897197942_415064789_n.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	289304

Bike
    BSA A10

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information