Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Michelin Pilot Power 3

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    My PP3's have lasted 11k's so far, probably have another couple of k's left on them. Was using S20's beforehand which would last only half as long.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by G4L4XY View Post
    My PP3's have lasted 11k's so far, probably have another couple of k's left on them. Was using S20's beforehand which would last only half as long.
    Rear tyre now done 10,400km. Still some life left in it.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    bandit
    Yeah .. I could not believe the mileage I got from PR3s .. now I have PR4s . and they are getting up there too with plenty of tread left ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Yeah .. I could not believe the mileage I got from PR3s .. now I have PR4s . and they are getting up there too with plenty of tread left ..
    Just on my second PR4 rear. Got 15,000 km from the first one which is identical to the previous 2 PR3's. I note that Michelin have quietly dropped their claim of an extra 20% life over the PR3 . Still happy with the life though and likewise with all-weather performance. The front PR4 may well last longer than the PR3 front (~18,000km) as the sipe spacing is a little bigger and might not flex quite so much.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    PP3 rear is due for retirement this week. 12,000 - ish km. Not bad. Although it hardly looks legal any more.

Like to try S20 evo this time. Maybe.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    PP3 rear is due for retirement this week. 12,000 - ish km. Not bad. Although it hardly looks legal any more.

Man, thats great! you slowing down in old age ??? lol.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post

Geez man, if you're getting that many clicks out of a PP3, may as well go for a set of PR4s then...

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Man, thats great! you slowing down in old age ??? lol.
    Yep. Takin' it easy now.

Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Geez man, if you're getting that many clicks out of a PP3, may as well go for a set of PR4s then...
    I want to try the S20 evo. Loved the original S20 - would use 'em all the time if I could afford to.

Then maybe PR4. Always used PR whatever number it was then on the SV

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Stayed with the PP3. Decided to wait until both need replacing before moving to S20 evo. Rather test a pair than just one.

Gave the new back a thrashing this morning and happy with the result - as usual. Stable, nothing unexpected ever. Just a little uninspiring compared with the S20. Suits the budget as well.

I need to win a million dollars...

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Of all the sports tyres I've used, the PP3 certainly lasts the longest. My current favorite is the Dunlop Q3, they just feel sooo good when the bike is cranked over. 5,500 km out of the last rear on the R1, but that's OK given the amount of fun you can have!

I've heard of S20 rears lasting as little as 1,200 km on litre bikes. Does the Evo wear any better?

Bike
    Sold
    Just out of interest, the OEM D214 rear on my new GSX-S 1000 will be down to minimum in about 3000 km and that includes taking it fairly easy during break-in. Not particularly impressed with their grip in damp conditions either. As I have to ride in all weathers, I'll probably replace them with PR4's as I had them on my Street Triple and loved them. Not totally discounting pure sport tyres though so finding this thread valuable to get other's views on different brands of sport tyres. I've heard good things about M7's too.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    Of all the sports tyres I've used, the PP3 certainly lasts the longest. My current favorite is the Dunlop Q3, they just feel sooo good when the bike is cranked over. 5,500 km out of the last rear on the R1, but that's OK given the amount of fun you can have!

I've heard of S20 rears lasting as little as 1,200 km on litre bikes. Does the Evo wear any better?
    Considered the Dunlop Sportsmart 2? I had them as oem on the duke and got 7000km out of the rear and 11,500km from the front. Not bad for a sports tyre I thought. Second choice rear lasted less than 3000km.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    My other bike (ZZR1200) has the SportSmart 2. Definitely the best all round tyre I've used on that bike, and it looks like the rear will last about 7000 km, which is not bad at all!

The Q3 feels more of a sports tyre, but it is difficult to compare the tyres on such different bikes. But I can definitely say that the SportSmart gets better mileage!

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Just out of interest, the OEM D214 rear on my new GSX-S 1000 will be down to minimum in about 3000 km and that includes taking it fairly easy during break-in. Not particularly impressed with their grip in damp conditions either. As I have to ride in all weathers, I'll probably replace them with PR4's as I had them on my Street Triple and loved them. Not totally discounting pure sport tyres though so finding this thread valuable to get other's views on different brands of sport tyres. I've heard good things about M7's too.
    Finally someone mentioned Metzelers! Currently on my 3rd set of M5s (got 6,000+kms before I had to replace due to puncture... twice!), going to try M7RR after this set.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Finally someone mentioned Metzelers! Currently on my 3rd set of M5s (got 6,000+kms before I had to replace due to puncture... twice!), going to try M7RR after this set.
    Cheers! Seeing as you are a Mainlander with some good weather extremes, how are the M5's for grip in either cold or wet conditions?

Thread Information