Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michelin Pilot Road 4

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    the current front has got a long way to go.
    Yeah, long mileages and suddenly you're not replacing frequently. CB900 gets 24k ish from the rear and 26k ish from the front on PR2. At 12k a year for it, that's 2 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    The Conscience
    I dream of that kind if tyre life....
    "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Yeah, long mileages and suddenly you're not replacing frequently. CB900 gets 24k ish from the rear and 26k ish from the front on PR2. At 12k a year for it, that's 2 years
    Im about 18k and the PR3s are pretty toasted. Not an issue now though.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Im about 18k and the PR3s are pretty toasted. Not an issue now though.
    Must be a hard bugger then. Mate was doing the odd ART days, plus other riding, and still got 24k ish from PR3 on a CB900...

BMW has no chance of getting 20 anything. Managed 12k on PR3, Anakee 3 I've managed 13k (highest mileage tyre yet) with a little more to go. Think I'll get a set of PR4 and run them next on the BMW, see how they go, but with my reduced mileage, it's taking over a year to finish a tyre. Odd situation when I've run out tyres in a month or two
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Must be a hard bugger then. Mate was doing the odd ART days, plus other riding, and still got 24k ish from PR3 on a CB900...
    Nah, just fat.

Fronts got a nasty cup and backs getting down in the center. 4s do look good though.

Its not being ridden anymore so not an issue anyway.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I got 12k out of PR2's on my Horny 900. Bloody course South Island roads

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I got 12k out of PR2's on my Horny 900. Bloody course South Island roads
    Thats harsh.....

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Thats harsh.....
    But it was twice what I got out of the sport rubber on it before so good value. Conti Road Attack 2 was about 10k, T30's on there presently and looking good. Oddly enough Pilot Powers did OK for a sticky rubber duration wise, at about 8k.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Found this link on another forum: http://www.cycleworld.com/videos/lat...ormance_video/
    They are claiming better wet performance than their rivals tyres get.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    A
    Michelin Pilot Road 4 set fitted to the Busa today, be interesting to see how they perform.

Bridgestone S20 set did almost 5000 kms, would have done maybe another 500 clicks, but next trip is quite a bit longer than that...so meh, ripped 'em off a bit early.

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki ER-6n, 2009 CT110, NBC110
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Michelin Pilot Road 4 set fitted to the Busa today, be interesting to see how they perform.
    Where did you get them and what did they cost?

Bike
    Sold

Bridgestone S20 set did almost 5000 kms, would have done maybe another 500 clicks, but next trip is quite a bit longer than that...so meh, ripped 'em off a bit early.
    Did you fit the GT? I recently chucked a PR4 on the rear after puncturing an almost new PR3 - standard version. They have the same feel as the PR3 and are excellent in the wet, as we're the 3's. A rear cost me $450 at Drury Performance Centre.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizah View Post
    Where did you get them and what did they cost?
    Wellington Motorcycles. Cheaper than Cycletreads, might have something to do with me being a loyal repeat customer...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Did you fit the GT? I recently chucked a PR4 on the rear after puncturing an almost new PR3 - standard version. They have the same feel as the PR3 and are excellent in the wet, as we're the 3's. A rear cost me $450 at Drury Performance Centre.
    Standard version for me. Have had PR3s on my previous bike and was impressed by the all round performance. I run with light luggage and mostly one-up so no need for a GT version is my thinking. Kinda hard to judge until I've clocked some serious kays on the PR4s. If the wear seems high then I might try a GT next time around.

The PR4s seem to be getting good reviews in their segment, and after running PR3s, it's a safe guess they'll do well. But to be honest I've favoured Michelin for some years anyway

Bike
    Sold
    Wellington Motorcycles. Cheaper than Cycletreads, might have something to do with me being a loyal repeat customer...

Standard version for me. Have had PR3s on my previous bike and was impressed by the all round performance. I run with light luggage and mostly one-up so no need for a GT version is my thinking. Kinda hard to judge until I've clocked some serious kays on the PR4s. If the wear seems high then I might try a GT next time around.

The PR4s seem to be getting good reviews in their segment, and after running PR3s, it's a safe guess they'll do well. But to be honest I've favoured Michelin for some years anyway
    I was planning to import some but it got stuffed in the "too hard" basket as the rear PR3 hadn't got much life in it after 16000 km so had to swallow hard and fork out!

Yeah, I reckon the PR4 will work out just fine. If the marketing claims are accurate, they should last even longer than the PR3's without sacrificing grip.

Bike
    A
    Righto, initial impressions on Pilot Road 4s on my Busa.

Tread squirm far less than experienced on PR3s on previous bike, pleasant surprise. The sipes are narrower though, so all in all this is just natural progression I suppose?

Quick warm-up, sure footed feel and at least as good as PR3s in wet weather...yeah I carried on despite the rain! Compared to the S20s, I'd go for the PR4s in the wet, no surprise there really given the target market for the tyre. After riding a Bandit on T30s, I was more inclined to go for PR4s.

Got a bit of distance to cover in weeks to come, but initial impressions are better than expected. The only question that counts I suppose is the longevity one. Not the cheapest tyre up front, but like the PR3s before them, a good compromise for a lot of real world riding situations. Like Mr Hitcher has often commented, a good sport/touring tyre is all most of us need, and yes I can agree...

All I can say is if you cover a few kays in all kinds of weather, the PR4s are

Thread Information