Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed tolerance reduced for December and January

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushu View Post
    Why not, its more useful than what you pricks are usually doing, giving out bullshit tickets for highly dangerous activities like not having rego (I had a WOF), not wearing a seatbelt, or doing 58 in a 50 at 3am on a Tuesday.
    Why would you make it so easy for them? If you had registered your car (it costs fuck all $280 a year! half the price of a bike) and were wearing your seatbelt (what sort of fuckwit doesnt wear a seatbelt?) I bet you would have had a better than even chance of walking on the 58 in a 50. You would only have to be five times as charming as that Arnold on Green Acres, instead of ten.

Whatever dude, you get zero sympathy from me.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    My answer to this is simple "SO FUCKING WHAT?"

Name any two groups and I can guarentee that one subsidises the other. Let's, for example, split people up into those that regularly have accidents and those that hardly ever do. Obvious cross-subsidising there. Should someone that has never made an ACC claim in their life be awarded their entire life's levies back on their death bed? Of course not.
    did you read the rest of my post numbnuts? I agree with you. On a principled basis even.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    15 vehicles in file, the front one is doing 100kph, I 'll bet the last one is doing barely 80kph. And no one's going to get pissed off??

Ants might keep a single file without the concertina effect but humans can't.
    In general cars can't keep a consistent speed. Wasn't ever more apparent than a mate and I transporting our bikes and gear down to Chch via ute. Stuck it in cruise around 90-95kph, and it was amazing how often cars would disappear in front, then we'd catch up while we never altered our speed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    Supersize Me

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    In general cars can't keep a consistent speed. Wasn't ever more apparent than a mate and I transporting our bikes and gear down to Chch via ute. Stuck it in cruise around 90-95kph, and it was amazing how often cars would disappear in front, then we'd catch up while we never altered our speed...
    Welcome to the world of frustration experienced by NZ's 22000 truck drivers every day. The same drivers then wake up from their slumber when you come up behind them, wrongly decide that your speeding, and then in the finest pieces of human logic decide that stamping on the brake pedal is the best way to ward off this perceived threat...
    I must admit though that the pedal springs are so soft on modern cars these days it can be an effort to keep an exact steady speed compared to HQ cruise control on 600HP truck.
    It should be a crime to back off the gas approaching a hill on a clear road and also to apply the brakes after the apex of a corner, although many motorists are lacking that basic road reading skill.

Bike
    Depends on the ride.

4 kmh over = a pinga

After the success from the latest long weekend reducing of the speed tolerance vs crashes etc review.......
    For the next 2 months or so ( Dec and Jan) the tolerance will be lowered reduced to 4KPH.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Yeah, that'll work. A whole pile of uniformed cops out filling potholes on the state highways.
    That'd be excellent if you wouldn't mind, just lay off the yellow paint, eh? Following aunt Daisy mile after mile of SH1 is doing my fucking head in.

I actually found a bit of road without much paint at all last week, a bit of gravel up Raglan way. Bloody magnificient.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    It should be a crime to back off the gas approaching a hill on a clear road and also to apply the brakes after the apex of a corner
    Amen.

An' shit.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Welcome to the world of frustration experienced by NZ's 22000 truck drivers every day.
    True, and it would be even worse for them. When a B-Train is held up by cars on SH2 south of Auckland (something I've pretty much seen every time I've ventured near the highway) it's quite pathetic...

Pity adaptive cruise control is on expensive vehicles... After now having the luxury of cruise control, I've pretty much immediately wanted adaptive after that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    YZF-R6
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Why would you make it so easy for them? If you had registered your car (it costs fuck all $280 a year! half the price of a bike) and were wearing your seatbelt (what sort of fuckwit doesnt wear a seatbelt?) I bet you would have had a better than even chance of walking on the 58 in a 50. You would only have to be five times as charming as that Arnold on Green Acres, instead of ten.

Whatever dude, you get zero sympathy from me.
    I couldn't care less whether I have your sympathy but for the record both the lack of rego and lack of seatbelt were because of a bike crash a few days earlier, driving my car because the bike was out of action and no seatbelt due to the shattered collar bone. But my excuse has nothing to do with the reason behind the original post, I was pointing out that the offenses had absolutely nothing to do with public safety and were all about the cop bringing in another 5 or 6 hundred bucks

Bike
    2013 Honda CBR 250R
    The Germans have proven quite well that it is not speed that kills people, it is decent roads and good driver training.
    The comments that it is nothing but a revenue generator and another example of the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff are spot. on.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Chch people, PM me and I'll fill you in on a awesome stretch my buddies and I know about where the cops can't ticket you. There's sometimes cops on it but it's mean cause you can just go by them and they can't ticket ya. t's fuckin meeeeeean.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    2013 Honda CBR 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post
    Chch people, PM me and I'll fill you in on a awesome stretch my buddies and I know about where the cops can't ticket you. There's sometimes cops on it but it's mean cause you can just go by them and they can't ticket ya. t's fuckin meeeeeean.
    And they can't ticket you because...?

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post
    sounds like a challenge to your local

Good luck with that.

I think someone is forgetting that a ticket is only an infringement notice, they can give you that when ever they like, making it stick is another story.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel_of_Metal View Post
    And they can't ticket you because...?
    It's illegal, it's all wrapped up in red tape, land ownership, etc etc

it's real odd the first time you pass a cop and they don't do anything about it.

What's weirder is that they'll all admit to it's existence and their lack of jurisdiction on it, I guess no one has ever bothered to ask them?

Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    sounds like a challenge to your local

Good luck with that.

I think someone is forgetting that a ticket is only an infringement notice, they can give you that when ever they like, making it stick is another story.
    Nope, no trickery either.

You're not from chch so I can't tell you, but I'm told there's a few of these spots in NZ.
    Can I scream?

Thread Information