Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help - Stolen bike (Auckland, 26 November)

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Oh yeah that's bizarre! I reported it as soon as I found out that it was missing - which would have been around 2pm yesterday...Mmm...I hope I didn't screw up my report
    Every time I see you have a new post I think ah ... you have got it back! ... I guess your anguish is a lot greater than mine but don't give up hope yet!

My impression of an amusement park would be a place where bastards that steal bikes are tied up so that public can poke them with sharp things!

I think such a place would be very popular with bikers!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    My impression of an amusement park would be a place where bastards that steal bikes are tied up so that public can poke them with sharp things!
    like a pillory eh? Like old white justice....

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    like a pillory eh? Like old white justice....
    White black brown yellow red any colour you like ... satisfactory justice would be the key factor! even a little vengeance would be attractive!

Bike
    VFR400

Thumbs up

GOOD NEWS!!! Several phone calls from the police later, my bike has been recovered!!

Loser decided to take it for a joyride on Sunday and caught the attention of the Police. They ended up pursuing him and eventually apprehended him and bike is now at a tow yard.

Hoping to hear from tow yard to say that I can collect it today. Will be sending it to a bike store to get it checked out and to get the damage assessed.

Also, I got a call later Sunday evening from an insurance investigator. Guy wanted to interview me and told me to make time to talk to him etc. And I went along with it all and asked when he would like to interview me. He said Tuesday morning and wanted to confirm that [insert home address here] was my address, and I said I would be at work. He's like oh well where did your bike get stolen from...but he was seriously intimidating and eventually when I asked him if he had been informed that they had recovered my bike he sort of went "Oh...oh...well in that case I'll have to talk to insurance and get back to you."

Phew - I am so pleased they found my bike. Mainly because it's save me talking to the scary insurance investigator!

Just received a phone call from police and towing company. My bike is ready to be collected! Have phoned insurance to collect bike and they are going to send it away to be checked out. Still have to pay the excess *OUCH guess I won't be getting those new bike pants* and who knows if I'll get that back from the loser, but I AM STOKED!!!

Thanks all!

Bike
    Sold
    Nice to hear but that 1st insurance guy sounds dodgy to me, be careful out there and have a merry Christmas and a "safe" new year!

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    That's awesome news. So happy for you. That insurance guy really sounds shady though.
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

Bike
    Awesome the dude got busted on it. Hope it's not trashed. Make sure to post it up if you get a hold of his name.

Also, I got a call later Sunday evening from an insurance investigator. Guy wanted to interview me and told me to make time to talk to him etc. And I went along with it all and asked when he would like to interview me. He said Tuesday morning and wanted to confirm my address, and I said I would be at work. He's like oh well where did your bike get stolen from...but he was seriously intimidating and eventually when I asked him if he had been informed that they had recovered my bike he sort of went "Oh...oh...well in that case I'll have to talk to insurance and get back to you."
    Hah, yeah like the others said that dude is either useless at his job/people skills or that is some dodgy ass shiz going on (possibly the dude busted on it or his mate) wanting to steal your bike again

On that note you can 'opt out' of having your contact details available to joe public etc through your rego plate on the LTSA website (although they recently admitted to handing heaps of details out of people who applied for this recently anyway )

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Good point. How do you know the guy really worked for your insurance company?
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Good point. How do you know the guy really worked for your insurance company?
    Ask them, "you and they" (insurance) might be surprised! ... Could be some more work for the Police!

Bike
    VFR400

Talking

Had a bit more time to think and I've calmed down a bit. The "investigator" had my cell phone number and home address and knew my insurance provider....I think he was just getting pretty sick and tired of his job. I would be too by this time of the year if I had be suspicious of everyone all year round.

I mentioned it to the insurance company and the lady sort of laughed and said it was procedure and she would let the company know. The police have been really wonderful and so have my insurance company. Investigator probably just needs his holiday I guess.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Not unusual for insurance investigators. They try to probe your story, and trip you up if you're making a false claim. Like every line of work, some of them are good and some are bad. You've already agreed to talk to him (when you signed up for your policy), and if you've nothing to hide he can be a dick all he likes, but it won't change anything

Not surprised if he hates his job... would be like being a police officer... seen too man fuckwits.

Bike
    Had a bit more time to think and I've calmed down a bit. The "investigator" had my cell phone number and home address and knew my insurance provider....I think he was just getting pretty sick and tired of his job. I would be too by this time of the year if I had be suspicious of everyone all year round.

I mentioned it to the insurance company and the lady sort of laughed and said it was procedure and she would let the company know. The police have been really wonderful and so have my insurance company. Investigator probably just needs his holiday I guess.
    Sounded like they outright asked for the address the way I read it .

The dude was probably just having a bad day. If it still comes to it meet him at a cafe and shout him an Irish Coffee

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    So,oooooooooooooooooo, hows the bike?
    Going OK I hope.
    Got the shtface pricks name? home addy perhaps, we'd treat such information with the respect it deserves and someones rear Tyre might catch fire around their neck.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Sounded like they outright asked for the address the way I read it .

The dude was probably just having a bad day. If it still comes to it meet him at a cafe and shout him an Irish Coffee
    Oops, that's my bad...Didn't exactly plan on posting my address up there hahah.

Haven't heard anything else from the investigator - phew!

Bike is still at the shop, will check in with them today. I'm hoping that it's just fairing damage and it might need a new indicator. It should still be rideable, so I'm hoping to pick it up this weekend. Will be buying the biggest most visible lock I can find for it!!

Bike
    1999 & 97 Honda VTR & Suzuki GS500E

Suspect Stolen Ninja 250J sold on Messenger

A geek call Liam Mclean is selling an identical description to your bike on FB Messenger. Might pays to look out for it there.

Thread Information