Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What gear are you looking for that you can't find in NZ? (Mrs Geeeen posting this)

Bike
    Well said kaz, you got it in one

Pathetic aye

Bike
    Superduke 990
    Not aware of anyone in NZ stocking Icon1000 gear, but they make some decent, stylee women's (and men's) riding gear that breaks out of the usual types...

http://icon1000.com/collection/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ElsinoreBootBlackFront-290x264.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	291204

Name:	ElBajoBootBrownFront1-290x290.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	291205

Name:	WmnsFederalRedFront-290x281.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	291206

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    So, are there any news from Mrs Geeeen's online retailer yet?

Aaaaaannnnnddddd, Happy B-day Geeeen
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Hello!

Geeen says thanks for the birthday wishes :-)

That icon stuff looks awesome, I'll show it to my moto buyer, and see whether he would be interested.

Now that we are through the mad Xmas rush I've been looking at the brands that we bring in, one of them is AXO, and they have an amazing ladies 1 piece suit as well as some very stylish Kevlar ladies jeans, which I think could be a really great idea for us to bring in, we just landed the guys jeans this week and already stock the guys 1 piece suit.

We also have some new ladies mx gear about to land which includes a specific ladies mx chest guard which I can't wait to try on and see how it fits.

Thank you all so much for your feedback, I think the major items we need to be looking at based on your feedback are boots, gloves, suits and no pink or blue colours ;-)

We do a lot of legit as well as parallel importing, so if there are brands out there that you know of like icon1000, please fire their names my way. I'm really keen to help grow our road section on our site, especially the ladies section as we only have ladies boots at the moment... :'( one thing about me though is that I can't write about it if I haven't tried it on, I am quite frequently seen sitting at my desk with elbow guards or gloves on while typing lol, so you can rest assured that the descriptions are written with the gear on and in front of me and aren't just a copy of someone else's writing on a website somewhere by someone who's never been on a bike before.

I'll try and keep you up to date with how I get on, if you want to check out the current range and give me some feedback on it we are talking about Torpedo7... If you haven't guessed.

Thanks Ladies!

xx
    Mrs Geeen.
    It's all Shits and Giggles until someone Giggles and Shits

Bike
    2014 CBR600rr
    Ive ended up buying every piece of my gear, except one winter revit jacket, from revzilla or bikebandit. I'm in the market for a nice new helmet at the moment and have my eye on the absolutey stunnning Shoei Qwest Sonoma but do you think anyone brings in the ladies shoeis? hell no!

I love love love pink and i struggle to find decent pink gear. Chances are if it's pink, its crap protection wise and if its great protection wise it's black...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    Like many others, I've had trouble finding boots. Specifically a range of boots that offer as much protection as the men's boots do. Typically I find there might only be 1-2 that are as good and if they don't work for you, you're stuck.

In fact I've had this issue with other gear too - the women's stuff often offers less protection. However I mostly managed to find what I wanted by shopping around (and pointing out to shop assistants that we're a) not all pillion passengers and b) even if we were, we'd still need good protection).
    my partner ended up taking the malloleus protection out of her Diadora boots because they were digging into her to the point she couldnt wear them. Boots fit fine and every time we go to a bike shop we end up trying on boots for her but nothing fits or they dont have her size. next up Peter Stevens in Melbourne.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sash View Post
    Ive ended up buying every piece of my gear, except one winter revit jacket, from revzilla or bikebandit. I'm in the market for a nice new helmet at the moment and have my eye on the absolutey stunnning Shoei Qwest Sonoma but do you think anyone brings in the ladies shoeis? hell no!

I love love love pink and i struggle to find decent pink gear. Chances are if it's pink, its crap protection wise and if its great protection wise it's black...
    Check out the Bell Vortex Monarch helmet in pink. Really cool helmet.
    Bell is more and more coming into NZ. Last year I couldn't find an RS1 anywhere, now a few shops have the new Bell helmets, for example, Motomart in Lower Hutt or Bayride in Tauranga. They might be able to get the Monarch in, too. No clue about the protection it offers, though, as it was the RS1 and the Star I had my eye on.
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

Bike
    2014 CBR600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Check out the Bell Vortex Monarch helmet in pink. Really cool helmet.
    Bell is more and more coming into NZ. Last year I couldn't find an RS1 anywhere, now a few shops have the new Bell helmets, for example, Motomart in Lower Hutt or Bayride in Tauranga. They might be able to get the Monarch in, too. No clue about the protection it offers, though, as it was the RS1 and the Star I had my eye on.
    I currently have a Bell which I do love, It was originally Black White Red and Silver and I just had all the red bits covered in pink vinyl. It did the trick I specifically have my eye on 2 shoei helmets, the RF-1200 Duchess and the Qwest Sonoma. Both really killer looking helmets with all the right protection as well. Doesn't look like anyone can bring them in for me though because of Shoei's import restrictions I believe. I'm sure i will find a way though :P

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    I currently have a Bell which I do love, It was originally Black White Red and Silver and I just had all the red bits covered in pink vinyl. It did the trick I specifically have my eye on 2 shoei helmets, the RF-1200 Duchess and the Qwest Sonoma. Both really killer looking helmets with all the right protection as well. Doesn't look like anyone can bring them in for me though because of Shoei's import restrictions I believe. I'm sure i will find a way though :P
    What size are you for the Shoei?

Reason I'm asking is that Bayride, here in TGA, "MAY" be able to help you.

Never mind...they just got back to me.....NZ are not bringing in the Qwest in Pink AT ALL!!!

And

The NZ "equivalent" to the Duchess is the ....wait for it...... the BOOGALOO, linkie to pic
    http://ab-motowear.de/Shoei-NXR-Boog...ntegralhelm-XS
    I like how they say "equivalent" when it is completely different graphic, but anyhoo - the ECE rating is different and the helmet itself is lighter and smaller. So if you like this, you will need to try on a NXR model.

I'm sure i will find a way though :P
    If you really really, really want the Qwest or Duchess, then your way through would be to buy from Revzilla, they even have them in stock.
    Last edited by Stirts; 27th August 2014 at 15:28. Reason: Added the "never mind" bit because, yes, you are shit out of luck of getting within NZ ;p
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    2014 CBR600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirts View Post

The NZ "equivalent" to the Duchess is the ....wait for it...... the BOOGALOO, linkie to pic
    http://ab-motowear.de/Shoei-NXR-Boog...ntegralhelm-XS
    I like how they say "equivalent" when it is completely different graphic, but anyhoo - the ECE rating is different and the helmet itself is lighter and smaller. So if you like this, you will need to try on a NXR model.

Thanks for that, will take a look

If you really really, really want the Qwest or Duchess, then your way through would be to buy from Revzilla, they even have them in stock.
    Haha yeah I looked into it but they also have the little speel down the bottom saying due to manufactureer restrictions we can't ship Shoei products outside of the US. Found a few stores that sell them on Ebay, which is not bound by international restrictions... im just reluctant to buy something that might need to protect my brain one day off ebay..

Bike
    Try here. Australian & the AS 1698 Australian Standards sticker is compliant in NZ

If XR1000 or X1100 fits you, then good chance the NXR will. Lighter & streamline.

*Advice is to always try on the helmet you intend on buying*

http://shop.peterstevens.com.au/MC11...-Purple/pd.php

http://shop.peterstevens.com.au/site/pages/freight.php

My fav of my helmets are my XR1000 & now race in an NXR. Love it.

Bike
    KTM SuperDuke 990R

Haha! I never thought I'd say this...because I'm personally allergic to pink gear ... but there's a brand called Icon that does a lot of decent women's gear in pink, they're out of the US but I know you can get it shipped here as a good friend of mine has brought several pink jackets over from them. And I gotta say, she really rocks the pink

http://www.rideicon.com/products/?categoryId=2226

Also, on the subject of helmets, try Motomail - they have a great range of gear for women including helmets... Last time I was there they had a white and pink swirly patterned Shoei Xr1000 in S and XS.
    Last edited by Kendoll; 11th September 2014 at 17:18. Reason: forgot to add!

Bike
    KTM SuperDuke 990R
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeen View Post
    Now that we are through the mad Xmas rush I've been looking at the brands that we bring in, one of them is AXO, and they have an amazing ladies 1 piece suit as well as some very stylish Kevlar ladies jeans, which I think could be a really great idea for us to bring in, we just landed the guys jeans this week and already stock the guys 1 piece suit.
    Keen as on a decent fitting one piece!!

Thread Information