Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What gear are you looking for that you can't find in NZ? (Mrs Geeeen posting this)

Bike
    speed speed SPEED

What gear are you looking for that you can't find in NZ? (Mrs Geeeen posting this)

Hello Ladies,

This is Mrs Geeen posting this.

I've just started working for an online retailer who sells a range of items, and one thing I think is missing from a lot of ranges out there is ladies Road and MX gear.

I'm really interested to find out from you guys what you have had issues finding in the past, what you are likely to buy if available etc.

I'm looking at MX, Road and Casual apparel for moto brands.

Any feedback would be really appreciated as I would I like to talk to my moto buyer about starting to bring in more ladies gear in the new year, but am interested in seeing what others think is missing before I talk to him.

Thanks heaps
    It's all Shits and Giggles until someone Giggles and Shits

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    mmm, would this be a large 'local' online retailer? If it is who I'm thinking of, us blokes have discussed some things about their road range on here already and since you're asking about chick stuff, I won't get into it.

But regarding the chick gear, my wife had a bitch of a time with boots. I mean a real bitch. We were looking towards the more sporty type with more protection and she ended up getting a pair of guys boots, in Auckland, at a size too big. My mum is having a similar issue. She's also having to go with a guy boot, mainly for the width though. But if you want anything other than black, even with just a detail in another colour, you'll have to wait for a blue moon.

Pants have also been an issue to find with both wifey and mummy.

One thing I've noticed with buying guys stuff online and chicks: guys can handle a written description, but if you're trying to sell to chicks video, video, video. In depth about sizing, materials etc. Most NZ online retailers are lazy with their written descriptions and chicks want go near them.

Hope that helps.

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    mmm, would this be a large 'local' online retailer? If it is who I'm thinking of, us blokes have discussed some things about their road range on here already and since you're asking about chick stuff, I won't get into it.

But regarding the chick gear, my wife had a bitch of a time with boots. I mean a real bitch. We were looking towards the more sporty type with more protection and she ended up getting a pair of guys boots, in Auckland, at a size too big. My mum is having a similar issue. She's also having to go with a guy boot, mainly for the width though. But if you want anything other than black, even with just a detail in another colour, you'll have to wait for a blue moon.

Pants have also been an issue to find with both wifey and mummy.

One thing I've noticed with buying guys stuff online and chicks: guys can handle a written description, but if you're trying to sell to chicks video, video, video. In depth about sizing, materials etc. Most NZ online retailers are lazy with their written descriptions and chicks want go near them.

Hope that helps.
    Suffice to say they are just around the corner from us...

The other half has gone there from working in the fashion industry so has some idea about sizing. Will let her know about the video thing. She will be the one doing the descriptions so let us know what you want to know. Cheers for the feedback
    It's all Shits and Giggles until someone Giggles and Shits

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    +.FARKING.1 on this.

I too had to buy man boots when I was first buying my gear. The ladies selection was pathetic, the "sporty" type were non-existent and the fitting was mostly for chicken legs. *sigh* Since then I have seen some great boots on the market for woman adjust for various calf size I haven't seen them yet in any of the shops I go to - here or in Aucks

As for gear, color range other than farking baby pink or blue would be a winner I reckon
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    I got my Sidi Cobra Goretex boots from overseas, because I wanted something sporty with more protection and really waterproof (not just labelled waterproof...). No chance of finding those here. And they are amazingly comfy, too. Much comfier than the Alpinestars Stella ones that are not waterproof.

ICON does some Hi Viz vests that actually look good and has one especially for ladies. I ordered mine from overseas.

And no chance of trying to find a helmet in ca. 51 with internal sun visor. But that seems to be quite difficult in general.

So, could someone please clue me in which online retailer we're talking about so I can keep my eye on it?
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirts View Post
    As for gear, color range other than farking baby pink or blue would be a winner I reckon
    but isn't that what you chicks dig? Do you think guys are designing the woman's stuff and picking those colours or do you think it's clueless chicks?

It was exactly the same comment my wife made. First thing she said after telling any sales person she was looking for boots was "and don't even think about getting me anything with baby bloody pink or blue". To which I would add, "she'll probably shove them up your ass".

She ended up getting red and black. She totally didn't want red but hell, they weren't plain bloody black. Are they're different. She digs them now. She wants red gloves to tie them together. Woman and colour matching!

Bike
    VFR400
    but isn't that what you chicks dig? Do you think guys are designing the woman's stuff and picking those colours or do you think it's clueless chicks?

It was exactly the same comment my wife made. First thing she said after telling any sales person she was looking for boots was "and don't even think about getting me anything with baby bloody pink or blue". To which I would add, "she'll probably shove them up your ass".
    I could be nuts, but I actually like the pink stuff. Not all of it obviously, but I would love to be able to get my hands on a pair of those pink and black Sidi Vertigo Lei's!

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Just curious, are there enough lady motoX riders around to justify stocking ( no pun intended ) this gear and making a worthwhile business venture out of it? I guess that's what you're trying to get a feel for with this post

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    I got my Sidi Cobra Goretex boots from overseas, because I wanted something sporty with more protection and really waterproof (not just labelled waterproof...). No chance of finding those here. And they are amazingly comfy, too. Much comfier than the Alpinestars Stella ones that are not waterproof.

ICON does some Hi Viz vests that actually look good and has one especially for ladies. I ordered mine from overseas.

And no chance of trying to find a helmet in ca. 51 with internal sun visor. But that seems to be quite difficult in general.

So, could someone please clue me in which online retailer we're talking about so I can keep my eye on it?
    I got my sidi race boots from Motomail and they had the Gortex jobs in there. Not too sure if there was any ladies boots though.
    Is there seriously a problem with getting good ladies boots? Thats a bit sad really.
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I could be nuts, but I actually like the pink stuff. Not all of it obviously, but I would love to be able to get my hands on a pair of those pink and black Sidi Vertigo Lei's!
    Yeah those boots are pretty cool. Wifey digs them as well. Pity they're made for non-jandal wearing species

Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    I got my sidi race boots from Motomail and they had the Gortex jobs in there. Not too sure if there was any ladies boots though.
    Is there seriously a problem with getting good ladies boots? Thats a bit sad really.
    Ladies gear period is bollucks. But that goes for any male dominated industry. Take snow for example, companies will make 10+ pairs of guys boots and 3 or so woman's. They must think that chicks will just bite the bullet and get something "close enough" in guys gear. Bloody weird ideology if you ask me. How many woman's clothing shops are there vs men? How many co-sex clothing shops have more floor space for mens stuff? Chicks dig fashion, colours, looks. Fuel their needs I say and give them what they want.

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Do you think guys are designing the woman's stuff and picking those colours or do you think it's clueless chicks?
    Either way, they are farking clueless.

She wants red gloves to tie them together. Woman and colour matching!
    Oh now don't be pretending you don't colour co-ordinate your gear.

Red gloves you say...I have always liked these, and the photo doesn't do them justice. BUT once again me thinks they be MENS *argh* - they do have ladies version - JUSTFARKINGPINK!!!

Yups, you nuts I like the odd pink here and there. In fact I have the new HJC stylie pink helmet. But seriously, you have to admit they have gone a bit OTT.

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Chicks dig fashion, colours, looks. Fuel their needs I say and give them what they want.
    Noooooooooooooooooo, I have mortgage to pay for.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    They're pretty fucken cool.

Noooooooooooooooooo, I have mortgage to pay for.
    I rest my case

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    I got my Sidi Cobra Goretex boots from overseas, because I wanted something sporty with more protection and really waterproof (not just labelled waterproof...).
    Oops, yeah, the Cobras are actually men's boots, too, but they exist is smaller sizes. Had my eye on those Sidi Vertigo Lei's, too, but they are not waterproof and if I remember correctly not to get here. But they sure look nice.
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Chicks dig fashion, colours, looks.
    And you don't - I mean with you being the coolest dude in the waikato

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Thread Information