Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycletreads, you are crap

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post
    pulled bits of cloth out from under the fork seal like I have on bikes I've bought too have ya
    Actually, it's the coating of oil on the brake disc that usually gives it away.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
    Ya can't bloody win though, apparently Wellington Motorcycles are all good except the coffee's deadly...
    Lol. Bollocks! The coffee is the highlight of your visit here. But hey...we (all of us in the trade) can all get it wrong from time to time. As long as you do your best to sort things everyone should be (semi) happy.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Lol. Bollocks! The coffee is the highlight of your visit here.
    I can vouch for that, I was awake for three days after one cup of that ''special'' brew!

Bike
    Various things
    pulled bits of cloth out from under the fork seal like I have on bikes I've bought too have ya
    Who's to say the peanut that traded the bike didn't do that to shaft the shop? You'd be amazed what we see mate. Some time ago...a regular customer dropped his bike off to have it's pre purchase check done...went through the workshop with flying clours. His new Harley turns up...so then he brings his trade in back to collect the new one. We obviously don't bother with another check (silly us)...and then when the mechanic rides it after grooming it for the showroom...the clutch is absolutely fucked. He'd swapped out his heavy duty job for a totally fucked std unit. Nice. Trust is a two way street.

Bike
    Yamaha 1971 RT1B
    $20 was probably for the time it took to troubleshoot the tag light not working. I'm guessing the mechanic changed the bulb first (like you do) then had to go a little deeper to sort out no voltage to lamp.

Then he finds the fixture unplugged, smacks his head, says "Doh!" Talks to service manager who tells him "Just charge him a little extra for a bulb, chalk it up to experience."

Bike
    A Japper
    Lol. Bollocks! The coffee is the highlight of your visit here. But hey...we (all of us in the trade) can all get it wrong from time to time. As long as you do your best to sort things everyone should be (semi) happy.
    Fair comments about getting things wrong sometimes but doing your best to sort it out Cfwb. However, some companies and it's not just motorbike shops, do things better to start with.

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I can vouch for that, I was awake for three days after one cup of that ''special'' brew!
    Farrk it must be special brew alright, it kept you awake for 3 days and yet knocked Buzzardnz out.

Bike
    Various things
    Fair comments about getting things wrong sometimes but doing your best to sort it out Cfwb. However, some companies and it's not just motorbike shops, do things better to start with.
    Couldn't agree more mate!

Farrk it must be special brew alright, it kept you awake for 3 days and yet knocked Buzzardnz out.
    Thought I'd given him the wrong cup!

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Actually, it's the coating of oil on the brake disc that usually gives it away.
    Now that shit ain't good.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Who's to say the peanut that traded the bike didn't do that to shaft the shop? You'd be amazed what we see mate. Some time ago...a regular customer dropped his bike off to have it's pre purchase check done...went through the workshop with flying clours. His new Harley turns up...so then he brings his trade in back to collect the new one. We obviously don't bother with another check (silly us)...and then when the mechanic rides it after grooming it for the showroom...the clutch is absolutely fucked. He'd swapped out his heavy duty job for a totally fucked std unit. Nice. Trust is a two way street.
    No offence mate but settle pettle and maybe I should have said it was private purchase but jeesh .

Trust IS a two way street i agree.

A favourite of bike shops years ago (with trail bikes anyway) was to insert a tool to tighten the cam chain a bit more than the adjuster spring itself and sell with the hope it would last long enough to be away from warranty.
    First thing i did was undo the tension adjuster nut to find out.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    Various things
    No offence mate but settle pettle and maybe I should have said it was private purchase but jeesh .

Trust IS a two way street i agree.

Lol. I'm perfectly settled mate don't worry. Was just pointing out what goes on behind the scenes at times.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you know who else is crap?
    fucken bread companies.

why, does EVERY LOAF, have an odd number of pieces of fucking bread?
    i mean, i want sandwhiches motherfucker, get to the end and i have one fucking crust, do i open the next loaf? am i supposed to feed it to the chickens?
    in this day and age, how the hell does this shit happen? is this really aceptable in "civilised" society??
    it's a god damned conspiracy i tells ya, so as you buy more bread and those fucking bread-jews git mo' munny!

This message bought to you by: gin and tonic.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    fucken bread companies.

i mean, i want sandwhiches motherfucker, get to the end and i have one fucking crust, do i open the next loaf? am i supposed to feed it to the chickens?
    in this day and age, how the hell does this shit happen? is this really aceptable in "civilised" society??
    it's a god damned conspiracy i tells ya, so as you buy more bread and those fucking bread-jews git mo' munny![/COLOR]
    Ever thought of making your own?

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama

I think you need to lay off the soda
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    fucken bread companies.

it's a god damned conspiracy i tells ya, so as you buy more bread and those fucking bread-jews git mo' munny!

Sheesh - you need three slices for a dagwood!!!

Thread Information