Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycletreads, you are crap

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
    Ya can't bloody win though, apparently Wellington Motorcycles are all good except the coffee's deadly...
    Yer, even I BOUGHT my coffee from that shop two doors away...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Lol. Bollocks! The coffee is the highlight of your visit here. But hey...we (all of us in the trade) can all get it wrong from time to time. As long as you do your best to sort things everyone should be (semi) happy.
    Notice I didn't have any when I dropped in - your coffee has a 'reputation' even down here!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you know who else is crap?
    fucken bread companies.

why, does EVERY LOAF, have an odd number of pieces of fucking bread?
    i mean, i want sandwhiches motherfucker, get to the end and i have one fucking crust, do i open the next loaf? am i supposed to feed it to the chickens?
    in this day and age, how the hell does this shit happen? is this really aceptable in "civilised" society??
    it's a god damned conspiracy i tells ya, so as you buy more bread and those fucking bread-jews git mo' munny!

This message bought to you by: gin and tonic.
    Wow!

Finally, a post from you that makes sense!

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Wow!

Finally, a post from you that makes sense!
    has alkaze got a friend?.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Lol. I'm perfectly settled mate don't worry. Was just pointing out what goes on behind the scenes at times.
    No worries fella.
    I wasn't having a go at shops but you didn't know that.
    I was trying to point out what goes on behind the scenes at times too but you deleted that bit WHY?????????????????????.

Just to add to this thread ON TOPIC I have only had good experience dealing with c treads online and by phone for tires.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post
    has alkaze got a friend?.
    i dont know, but i don't think he speaks english

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Now, now you two, play nice!
    The coffee at Wellyington Motocicles is awesome, still going on that cup from 2009 Pete.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2012 Victory Highball
    fucken bread companies.

i mean, i want sandwhiches motherfucker, get to the end and i have one fucking crust, do i open the next loaf? am i supposed to feed it to the chickens?
    in this day and age, how the hell does this shit happen? is this really aceptable in "civilised" society??
    it's a god damned conspiracy i tells ya, so as you buy more bread and those fucking bread-jews git mo' munny!

Ackshully...

This one is true.

After 20+ years working for bread companies, including the one that makes Natures Fresh, I can tell ya that they do indeed deliberately make an odd number of slices for that very reason. Always have.

First best invention was sliced bread

second was an odd number of slices.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if they would sell more bikes if they had decent coffee?

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Wonder if they would sell more bikes if they had decent coffee?
    Given the statements by Maha and BuzzardNZ earleir, I would suspect the coffee is actually a sales method.

Sleep deprivation, which in Maha's case occurred for 3 days, is a well known method of torture. BuzzardNZ, who was more immediately affected, ended up with a new bike after simply blacking out.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    fucken bread companies.

totally agree, and what used to piss me off when we had 5 kids in the house goin through 3 loaves a day and the little buggers would throw the crusts away, now this was back in the day of $1.00 loaves from couplands (I refused to eat the crap), that was 6 slices a day, at 18 slices per loaf every three days they were throwing out a loaf of bread, thats ten loaves a month equaling $10.00 a month meaning they were throwing away 2 40ounce bottles of rum a year, used to really get me jocks in a twist

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    totally agree, and what used to piss me off when we had 5 kids in the house goin through 3 loaves a day and the little buggers would throw the crusts away, now this was back in the day of $1.00 loaves from couplands (I refused to eat the crap), that was 6 slices a day, at 18 slices per loaf every three days they were throwing out a loaf of bread, thats ten loaves a month equaling $10.00 a month meaning they were throwing away 2 40ounce bottles of rum a year, used to really get me jocks in a twist
    And they say NZ is lagging with maths.......I understand yours at first glance

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
    The customer is always right.
    I didn't think anyone was still dumb enough to believe that
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ 400
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshear View Post
    Fortunately for myself, I've only ever experience one major cockup with them.
    Bought a DID chain (first chain I'd ever bought) and they fitted it (for free, before they started charging for fitments, which is fair enough).
    Rode it 60km to Helensville, where I saw a piece of o-ring rubber on the asphalt where I parked. Matched the other o-rings, which some of had completely disappeared and a few very sticky links.
    Tentatively rode back and asked what was up. Free replacement, since I'd just been in the day before. Same thing happened, they inspected more closely and came to the conclusion that my rear sprocket was bent. So I got a cheap as shit heavy duty chain.
    Same thing happened, but this time after 300km.
    I paid $120 for ANOTHER D.I.D chain and decided to fit it myself. I'm ashame to say that upon fitting, I had to adjust the left tensioner a whole SEVEN turns to properly line up both sprockets correctly. SEVEN!!!

Been using that same chain since 21 thou ago flawlessly. I chalked this up to sheer oversight, not saying it was forgivable, but shit happens.

I'm sad to hear you had issues, but I'm a lot more conscious of management not trying to please the customer at all, it seems.

Two sides to a story, I guess.

So a) you didn't realise your rear sprocket was bent, and one or two mechanics didn't realise either!?!? Bloody norah!

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    (To add some balance to the thread....)

I've had customers come in for WOF checks who have gone to great lengths to clean up their fork legs in order to hide the fact that the seals were leaking.
    and what is wrong with that ?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I didn't think anyone was still dumb enough to believe that
    Are you new here?

Thread Information