Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycletreads, you are crap

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I didn't think anyone was still dumb enough to believe that
    With an attitude like that, it's no wonder this is happening:http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...rs-strike-back

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    totally agree, and what used to piss me off when we had 5 kids in the house goin through 3 loaves a day and the little buggers would throw the crusts away, now this was back in the day of $1.00 loaves from couplands (I refused to eat the crap), that was 6 slices a day, at 18 slices per loaf every three days they were throwing out a loaf of bread, thats ten loaves a month equaling $10.00 a month meaning they were throwing away 2 40ounce bottles of rum a year, used to really get me jocks in a twist
    We had the opposite problem when we were young mum had to save the crusts till she had enough for one eack of us kids so we didn't fight over them.
    Then dad would come home and cut the top crust off the loaf for a laugh but that was when we had non sliced.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
    With an attitude like that, it's no wonder this is happening:http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...rs-strike-back
    I would struggle to believe that anyone thinks the customer is always right has ever actually had to deal with any

Quite often they're a lying arrogant confrontational sack of shit who thinks they're more important than everyone else you're already dealing with and should have priority regardless of your work load or the fact they've left their shit to the last minute and now want to make it your problem

Business is doing very well thanks
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quite often they're a lying arrogant confrontational sack of shit who thinks they're more important than everyone else you're already dealing with and should have priority regardless of your work load or the fact they've left their shit to the last minute and now want to make it your problem
    That's signature material.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AD345 View Post
    Ackshully...

This one is true.

After 20+ years working for bread companies, including the one that makes Natures Fresh, I can tell ya that they do indeed deliberately make an odd number of slices for that very reason. Always have.

First best invention was sliced bread

second was an odd number of slices.
    that is sick and twisted. And even if you biff both crusts, you still have an ndd number! Maybe ill start posting the odd slices to parliament.

The next dietary conspiracy is the one between chip makers and dip makers. If i open one pack of chips, i have leftover dip, but open 2 packs and y fuken run out!

Bike
    A Japper
    I would struggle to believe that anyone thinks the customer is always right has ever actually had to deal with any

Business is doing very well thanks
    Yeah, I'm sure Kiwihost made it all up just for you.

Try telling your customers what you really think of them and see how well your business does.

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    That's signature material.
    It certainly is.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Yeah, I'm sure Kiwihost made it all up just for you.

Try telling your customers what you really think of them and see how well your business does.
    If I think any of my customers are talking shit, they get politely told that.

If they don't want to come back, that's their decision.

Bike
    BSA A10
    It is only some customers, not all customers and obviously not the lady so impressed with us last weekend she went and bought us smoko after she came in spending $30 and went away happy after spending $600

If I told the customers that were wankers what I really thought, the impact would be negligible
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    If I think any of my customers are talking shit, they get politely told that.

If they don't want to come back, that's their decision.
    You polite? Wtf?

I know what you mean though, it's how you say it.

Bike
    A Japper
    It is only some customers, not all customers and obviously not the lady so impressed with us last weekend she went and bought us smoko after she came in spending $30 and went away happy after spending $600

If I told the customers that were wankers what I really thought, the impact would be negligible
    Some customers, is different from what you originally wrote though. Don't get me wrong, customers can be just plain hard to deal with. Telling them politely that they're being unreasonable is not actually telling them they're wrong. You have rights too.

Maybe you have the uncommon luxury of very loyal customers, you'd never know that unless you did tell them what you really thought of them. Why take the risk? After all if they pay their bills they are worthwhile but if they don't pay and they're crap to deal that's a lot different.

Turning a $30 job into a $600 one is very good though.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Customer service is easy. You say yes to any demands and promise the earth.

Customer management is the dark art. They ask for x, you deliver y and they're happier for it (and so are you).

Managing networks, pretty much the entire business is repeat customers, month on month. All about the ongoing relationship and keeping everyone happy, while not compromising the network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Customer service is easy. You say yes to any demands and promise the earth.

Customer management is the dark art. They ask for x, you deliver y and they're happier for it (and so are you).

Managing networks, pretty much the entire business is repeat customers, month on month. All about the ongoing relationship and keeping everyone happy, while not compromising the network.
    Saying yes to any demands and promising the earth can also get you and your company into big trouble.

If a customer asks for X and you deliver Y, the question then is what happened? If however, as result of correct selling and or negotiation, it ends up like that then it's all good.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Now, now you two, play nice!
    The coffee at Wellyington Motocicles is awesome.
    Here's a man that knows what he's talkin 'bout.

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Here's a man that knows what he's talkin 'bout.
    Lol. You left out the bit where he wrote "still going on the cup from 2009".

Once again I suspect the coffee is far in excess of standard beverage...

Thread Information