Page 151 of 337 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'd bet the lockwashers are available. Something will have that spline. Z1 lockwashers for the same job are still available - common to a lot of Suzuki's too.
    I guess they are if I cared to go and look. Last time I went to the Kawasaki shop to get new clutch plates the young fellow told me an F9 was a stationary engine and didn't need clutch plates
    So we had a little Google and hey presto there are such things as F9's. The lad was good as he must have gone through about six superseded's until we found (I think if I remember right ) 1997 KX 125 plates were suitable (and MUCH better). You know me Grumph I'd rather make something far more complicated
    I'm actually feeling a little roughed up, the bloody thing high sided me into a tree, forest is full of them it would seem and they are quite solid. As it was unfolding I kept thinking anything but the hip! Everything else is worse for wear but the hips fine. Long live ceramic and titanium and I'm thankful for cruise control on the way home, not sure what might have happened if I'd needed to use my feet.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I guess they are if I cared to go and look. Last time I went to the Kawasaki shop to get new clutch plates the young fellow told me an F9 was a stationary engine and didn't need clutch plates
    So we had a little Google and hey presto there are such things as F9's. The lad was good as he must have gone through about six superseded's until we found (I think if I remember right ) 1997 KX 125 plates were suitable (and MUCH better). You know me Grumph I'd rather make something far more complicated
    Circlip....................

I checked it is not available rom Kawaski unless its NOS
    H1 H2 S1 S2 S3 A1 A7 F5 F6 1966-79
    plus a million other uses
    http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...92024-067.html

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-f9-197...6.html#results
    http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-f9-197...113/partslist/
    but its just a bit of mild steel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f9 gearbox fiche.pdf  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I know, you win, easy to make one, OK I'll just do it Or better still I'll make a press tool and stamp out heaps of them for all those other Kawasaki Bighorn users. Right.

Bike
    husaberg
    I know, you win, easy to make one, OK I'll just do it
    Why not make 100-200 and sell the rest on the kawaka triple web page.
    They are 9$ plus us on Ebay for nos
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Last time I went to the Kawasaki shop to get new clutch plates the young fellow told me an F9 was a stationary engine and didn't need clutch plates ...................
    I'm actually feeling a little roughed up, the bloody thing high sided me into a tree,.................As it was unfolding I kept thinking anything but the hip! Everything else is worse for wear but the hips fine.
    I thought I told you to be careful!! not much sense in having a good bike, a perfect hip and a broken body! seems you are taking this tree hugging thing to the extreme.

I was looking for a piston for an engine project and I had my vernier with me and was measuring a chainsaw piston. The young guy in the shop asked me what I was looking for, I explained that I wanted it to try in my bike engine, he looked at me in pity and disgust and said "look,you can't use that for a bike, don't you understand, it's for a chainsaw - duh"
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    That's like the counter guy at the welding store that was of the opinion that there was TIG, MIG, and Arc welding. Anything done with an O/A torch was brazing. I'd asked him for some welding rod and mentioned that I was using a torch and he brought out brazing rod. "No, that's brazing rod, I need some welding rod" I told him. "Nope, if it is with a flame that's brazing, this is what you need."

Kind of scary. I finally left without any rod at all.

cheers,
    Michael

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    That's like the counter guy at the welding store that was of the opinion that there was TIG, MIG, and Arc welding. Anything done with an O/A torch was brazing. I'd asked him for some welding rod and mentioned that I was using a torch and he brought out brazing rod. "No, that's brazing rod, I need some welding rod" I told him. "Nope, if it is with a flame that's brazing, this is what you need."

cheers,
    Michael
    I blame the parents...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    I thought I told you to be careful!! not much sense in having a good bike, a perfect hip and a broken body! seems you are taking this tree hugging thing to the extreme.

I was looking for a piston for an engine project and I had my vernier with me and was measuring a chainsaw piston. The young guy in the shop asked me what I was looking for, I explained that I wanted it to try in my bike engine, he looked at me in pity and disgust and said "look,you can't use that for a bike, don't you understand, it's for a chainsaw - duh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post

cheers,
    Michael
    You guys do realise we're practising a dying art form ? Actually working in metal outside Asia.....Will, your guy may never have seen a 2 stroke bike.
    Michael - if you've read the stuff about rods on the Chassis thread, you'll know now what it's like at some places here where they can't tell you what the rod is they're selling...

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    .....Will, your guy may never have seen a 2 stroke bike
    Doubt if he had ever seen anything, he wouldn't have known what he was looking at anyway! there was a display board in the shop with lawnmower engines, the two strokes were attached upside down (and that was ok) but the four stroke Briggs engines were also mounted upside down (and of course were pissing oil over everything!) - I suspect the same guy was responsible for that!

I think he thought that I must be up to some skullduggery, because he kept following me around!

Yes, I agree that the parents (or possibly the lack of) were responsible!

Maybe I'd better get back to foundry stuff now that I have digressed somewhat from the original thread!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    For a lack of a better thread to post on; almost a second cousin of foundry works...

Fibreglassing - mold making issue.
    I've been making a mold for a engine cover (final to be carbon Kevlar). Anyone got any tricks for stopping the plug sticking to the female mold? I waxed with release wax (three coats). But she is stuck solid... Guilty of not gel coating (and being hopeful)...

Read alittle about hairspray, some PVA poly-something-a-rather.

Cheap solution would be great.

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    For a lack of a better thread to post on; almost a second cousin of foundry works...

I've been making a mold for a engine cover (final to be carbon Kevlar). Anyone got any tricks for stopping the plug sticking to the female mold? I waxed with release wax (three coats). But she is stuck solid... Guilty of not gel coating (and being hopeful)...

packageing tape works good
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI

What about that PTFE (green can) spray I use it a bit for making a surface non stick.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    packageing tape works good
    Not quite for this job, after all the effort getting the plug sorted.

What about that PTFE (green can) spray I use it a bit for making a surface non stick.
    Hadn't thought of that. I'll go hunting.

Cheers
    Guys

Bike
    husaberg
    plus more draft.......
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Exercycle

Glad wrap....

Thread Information