Page 175 of 337 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Not really the place to be going on about this but, bit of a problem with the starts on these 4 hour's, I like to arrive early to get the plum spot for the start and I'm usually within the first two or three on the line. As the start time gets close and there are three or four rows deep of bikes some smartarse will always push in at the last minute where there is already limited room. This start I had some fat bastard push in next to me so as the gun went off (I knew I would get a better start) my handlebars hit both bikes either side (I had pulled my bike slightly back, so i got them both in the back), in the mayhem I nearly got knocked off (others did). BUT somewhere someone hit my front brake leaver assembly and loosened the banjo fitting (broke the small tang off that is supposed to stop this happening) so you can imagine my surprise/dismay after a long down hill section suddenly when I need it the leaver goes back to the handlebars not very funny. Hit the gate at the bottom and got latched into it. Took a while unlock myself from the bloody gate then a slowish first lap with heavy rear brake usage. Next year I'm putting an electric fence up round my bike so no pushing in! Might use my 60,000 V cdi to power it too Bastards. Nevermind it was a good day anyway subsequent laps were much more fun after brake surgery, that's my story anyway.

Enough bullshit, back to cylinder/engine making.

Bike
    Exercycle
    I had wondered why you described it as the "acerbic 4 hour"...

That shit should be covered at riders briefing. Sounds nearly as bad as the old Greymouth setup where no grid positions were allocated and it was first one round on the warmup lap...More fell off on the warmup lap than the races proper.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I had wondered why you described it as the "acerbic 4 hour"...

That shit should be covered at riders briefing. Sounds nearly as bad as the old Greymouth setup where no grid positions were allocated and it was first one round on the warmup lap...More fell off on the warmup lap than the races proper.
    Who thought that one up

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    ... bit of a problem with the starts on these 4 hour's, I like to arrive early to get the plum spot for the start and I'm usually within the first two or three on the line. As the start time gets close and there are three or four rows deep of bikes some smartarse will always push in at the last minute where there is already limited room. This start I had some fat bastard push in next to me so as the gun went off (I knew I would get a better start) my handlebars hit both bikes either side (I had pulled my bike slightly back, so i got them both in the back), in the mayhem I nearly got knocked off (others did).
    Totally love it ....... .... "Fuck Them".

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Who thought that one up
    Well Husa's dad let it happen....wait for the screams, LOL....

It wasn't until the late Ray Shearman and I started doing the first few rows on the day for the club that it got better.
    AFAIK they're still only doing the first 2 or 3 rows of each class.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Well Husa's dad let it happen....wait for the screams, LOL....

It wasn't until the late Ray Shearman and I started doing the first few rows on the day for the club that it got better.
    AFAIK they're still only doing the first 2 or 3 rows of each class.
    Hehe there was a few times i did sneak myself to the front row in formula races as well.helps to know the starters.
    Remember GMR is a classic fun race shakedown meeting, we are not racing for sheep stations....tm Ray Sherman every riders briefing he ever gave.
    Pretty sure other than the first races of the day that were always a lottery, the marshalling was meant to be how they finished the last race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Glen, the box has been opened
    Everything seems in order
    Be keen to see how they cast, I'll show the setup and cast on here?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Is that warped Core box usable - if that's what it is....

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    The one that looked like a bird box ,yes all the boxes are warped a bit. But a bit of pressure will close the gaps up, the big vice. It will work ok.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Power valve for the 360 engine, blade type.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161101_091426.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	595.2 KB 
ID:	325375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161101_091533.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	729.5 KB 
ID:	325376  

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    The idea is to cut a gear rack straight into the valve blade with support rollers on the back side. A shaft with a gear made into it and there you have it, turn the shaft, simple powervalve action. Hooked up to an R1 servo I guess as it works well on the Kawasaki. Also I will put in an ultimate back up stop (on the valve itself) so the valve can never fall into the piston, if the gear mechanism ever shit's itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161101_091644.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	515.1 KB 
ID:	325377  

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Excellent.

Flettner, is there any possibility of doing such a P-V set up as a potential 'bolt on' - to convert earlier non P-V cylinders?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    Flettner, is there any possibility of doing such a P-V set up as a potential 'bolt on' - to convert earlier non P-V cylinders?
    Anything is possible, but it would be difficult. You would be better off to make new cylinders with valve capability already cast in. Water sealing would be an issue. Casting new cylinders would also give you the ability to upgrade the ports to today's spec. It's not that difficult to cast cylinders, as seen earlier in this thread just some time and patience. (and some plastic beads)

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.
    Cheers Flettner, & you are of course correct..

- I was idly thinking of the way its done - machining old air-cooled barrels to slot in big reed valve inlet boxes..

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    Cheers Flettner, & you are of course correct..

- I was idly thinking of the way its done - machining old air-cooled barrels to slot in big reed valve inlet boxes..
    I assume you are thinking of replacement Kawasaki triple cylinders? Cast new ones and you could have it all, big reeds, power valve, eye ports and well shaped transfers. And nikasil bores. The trick would be make them still 'similar' to the old ones to look at.

Thread Information