Page 193 of 337 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    husaberg
    A couple of weeks ago i hit the wrong button on my home computer which is MS windows 10
    Intersting thing is MS10 had a in built program that can change 2D pictures to 3D images and even reverse them to a pattern.
    you can then 3d print the results
    Its not as great as a lot of other expensive programs but it is free and pretty simple if you have MS10 have a play just right click on a picture file and selct 3D with 3D build it should be near the top.
    You can also scan an obect in 3d and then create a true 3d model
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    A couple of weeks ago i hit the wrong button on my home computer which is MS windows 10
    Intersting thing is MS10 had a in built program that can change 2D pictures to 3D images and even reverse them to a pattern.
    you can then 3d print the results
    That sounds good, will give it a try tomorrow!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    That sounds good, will give it a try tomorrow!
    You can also create a 3d image with a simple camera

That said 3d scanner are not so hard to find you can even get them to add to a Apple I pad or other tablet.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    You can also create a 3d image with a simple camera

That said 3d scanner are not so hard to find you can even get them to add to a Apple I pad or other tablet.
    Ok WhoSir, seeing we’re Android types, we don’t have an Apple anything. So, can you take a happy snap of your favourite body part (best your face or something nice, given the unknown of any possible juvenile audience here), send us the .stl file and we’ll print it up on the 3d printer. It’ll be either black in ABS or black in ABS.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Ok WhoSir, seeing we’re Android types, we don’t have an Apple anything. So, can you take a happy snap of your favourite body part (best your face or something nice, given the unknown of any possible juvenile audience here), send us the .stl file and we’ll print it up on the 3d printer. It’ll be either black in ABS or black in ABS.

This one works with anrooid if you adapt the chassis mount and use a adaptor lead

Just as well the softwear has scaling for when the hardwear is worn

https://structure.io/android
    The smartphone apps are likely way way cheaper.
    From what i understand there is a big andriod and MS push for 2017 with new stuff.
    Last edited by husaberg; 24th January 2017 at 22:31. Reason: added extra link and a bit more blurb
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    2001, Suzuki FXR 150

3D Scanning

My first job was at a 3D scanning place [http://www.formscan3d.co.nz/]. We used a combination of 'photogrammetry' and a 'white light' scanner which consisted of a projector and two cameras that "looked" at the surface you were scanning. It would spit out an extremely accurate STL surface of the object you were looking at which could then be fiddled with in CAD.

Thanks to the photogrammetry step, we were getting accuracy down to the 50 micrometer ball-park, and that could be up to anything as large as a dinner table. We did scan a few medium sized boats but the accuracy dropped to +/- 3-5 mm.

Photogrammetry is pretty much what those mobile phone scanners are doing. In our case we had to manually add reference points all over object (small "dot" stickers) and then we would take around 100 - 150 photos of the object, from as many different angles as possible. The computer would then tie them all together and produce a network for the scanner to over-lay it's scanned surfaces onto. It's not free, but damn she's accurate. It'd be spot on for scanning fairing or a chassis.

Not good for scanning people tho, as they had a tendency to breathe and move which was always frustrating.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    ...given the unknown of any possible juvenile audience here...
    What Me ........ ...... never

Bike
    Finally got some time (just dunno where it is all going, well I do, just been busy with other stuff) and zapped on the convergent cones. Hmmm 39/40 deg today. Saves on electricity for the TIG I guess.

Next the outlet pipes and then the dyno.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slider pipes.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	328210

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I expected the pipes to look narrower given that there are 3 of them. Cumulatively there must be a lot of area at any set distance from the piston when you combine all 3 pipes.

Bike
    Exercycle
    I'd think you still want the same expansion ratio or header to pipe belly ratio to make them work...

I think back to the twin port CZ's which used two full size pipes - not sophisticated ones by any means, but they worked.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'd think you still want the same expansion ratio or header to pipe belly ratio to make them work...

I think back to the twin port CZ's which used two full size pipes - not sophisticated ones by any means, but they worked.
    Kens had experiernce with a Twin pipe converted YZ125? that was posted on the Pitlane forum.
    I will see if i can dig up a pic.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

They certainly didn't look very sophisticated after a couple of hard races! - they looked decidedly secondhand! - how did I know? well, those bikes were often seen lying on their sides,( pipes in full view), just to clear the flooding on the Jikov carbs!!
    From memory, they had CI barrels and Magnesium crankcases (ie the works machines). other than that they were great bikes
    and they were still way better than anything else at the time!

Oh dear, am I being negative again? - really must do something about that.
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I expected the pipes to look narrower given that there are 3 of them. Cumulatively there must be a lot of area at any set distance from the piston when you combine all 3 pipes.
    Speedpro, to design the pipes, I used Frit’s empirical FOS exh design method. Essentially the engine is 106 cc, so I treated each pipe as being for 35 cc, 15000 rpm, 550 met/sec, 200 deg exh duration and 14 hp engine. The belly dia that I calculated and used was/is IØ73.9. Squaring this and multiplying by 3 and then square rooting, this gives 127.9. Going back, and calculating this area for a 125, gives a diameter of Ø138.9. I looked up the diameter of a TM KZ10C engine and this shows Ø135. Must say I am not sure if this is outside or inside. Either way, in the ballpark.
    Jeez, there are just so many other things (read unknowns) going on, that even if is a bit out, it’s still gotta be halfway reasonable.
    Irrespective, it will make some reasonable noise. What are neighbours for anyway?

Bike
    Have a squiz at this. An interesting mix of shell cores, CO2 cores and green sand. All foul stroke stuff though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8cO...ature=youtu.be

I'm pretty sure this is American.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Have a squiz at this. An interesting mix of shell cores, CO2 cores and green sand. All foul stroke stuff though.
    I'm pretty sure this is American.
    It is very interesting indeed! coremaking at its finest! - don't think I would like to actually work there but a visit would be very interesting - I am amazed that all the different kinds of coremaking are still represented - I had thought that all the big time companies would have been into coresand/shellsand - exclusively!
    Strokers Galore!

Thread Information