Page 200 of 337 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If you talk to the guys who did the work, they never got the opportunity to make it how they needed to...
    John could never give a firm direction as to how something was to be done and in the early stages of design would not allow extra bosses etc for mounting ancillaries. Rob Selby told me he hated how the alternator mounting finished up. But there had been no provision made for it on the patterns so how it finished up was all he could do.
    I walked in one day and was immediately asked where I'd put a starter motor - I assume it was when Indian were sniffing around. I pointed out a couple of options and we talked geared drives and decompressors. It was all feasible using available tech - but I was told the patterns couldn't be altered and John wouldn't like the locations I'd suggested. AFAIK no engine with a starter was built. I do know that others were asked too though.
    i was meaning the more water pump and the gearbox valves pistons sleeves springs clutch rods etc, but they did eventually i think do their own water pump origionally a TS/RM250- or something.
    Pretty sure the gearbox changed from a GSX1100 or something else later on as well. the cluch was changed to a Kawaski ZXR at some stage as well.
    Speaking of Britten people I remember going to Bob Brooklands place when i was a nipper. I think my father was selling him his old Greeves twin back or something.
    These days it would have an airstarter.......
    Edit didn't the first WP incarnation still have the chainsaw magneto only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    i was meaning the more water pump and the gearbox valves pistons sleeves springs clutch rods etc, but they did eventually i think do their own water pump origionally a TS/RM250- or something.
    Pretty sure the gearbox changed from a GSX1100 or something else later on as well. the cluch was changed to a Kawaski ZXR at some stage as well.
    Speaking of Britten people I remember going to Bob Brooklands place when i was a nipper. I think my father was selling him his old Greeves twin back or something.
    These days it would have an airstarter.......
    Edit didn't the first WP incarnation still have the chainsaw magneto only?
    Yes, and as a speedway engine, that was all it needed.
    My first job was to assemble a GSX1100 box from a carton of brand new still wrapped parts. Told John, back in half an hour, down to the Public Library and photocopied the relevant section from a Haynes manual. Came back and showed it to John - There's the gearbox section of the Britten manual, LOL.
    They'd had gearbox problems due to the previous boxes all being secondhand. No one knew how to prep them properly as all the in house experience then was with Ducatis. I pointed John at Mike Jones Gears and stripped out the damaged gear sets to be done. Poor Mike never got paid for all the work he did - but he's got an impressive collection of Britten posters...
    Second version of his own motor used the GSXR1100 5 speed box. They asked me if they could use the 6 speed as I'd got one to hold up behind the Budget Spares alky 1100 F1 bike. I told them not to bother, as with the 6 speed, Kirby had worn out his left boot on Wanganui changing gear unnecessarily.
    They had more than enough torque that 6 speeds were not necessary - and the box was marginal for capacity too.
    The big leap forward was the back torque limiter clutch. Loren Poole found out who made them and sourced something that would fit.

Bike
    Yamaha F1ZR, Kawasaki Ninja 150R

Port layout/map 2stroke engine - 2 cylinder - 800cc.

Hi all..

Btw, now Iam working on a project, 2stroke engine - 2 cylinder - 800cc.

Does anyone have any port layout/map of 800cc engines?
    such as, MAICO 440, rotax800, artic cat800, etc?

Big Thankssss.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Arifidyan View Post
    Hi all..

Btw, now Iam working on a project, 2stroke engine - 2 cylinder - 800cc.

Does anyone have any port layout/map of 800cc engines?
    such as, MAICO 440, rotax800, artic cat800, etc?

Big Thankssss.
    2 seconds on Google
    http://seadoomanuals.net/download/pd...acing-book.PDF
    http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/...ort-templates/
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    I had hoped to get my home foundry in action this summer but events within the family have scuppered that for the time being and I have sold off stuff like my little lathes and various other bits and pieces etc. I'm now busy putting the rest of the gear (junk as the family calls it) from my garage into storage, hopefully not for too long - hopefully not forever!

I see John Clarke (Fred Dagg) has passed away in Australia at too young an age. He was a well liked and very funny guy ie back here in the sixties and early seventies before he left for Australia.
    I posted an early photo of someone who most probably was him back somewhere in this thread wearing his favourite attire. ( It seemed appropriate to the subject at the time!).

You'll never be forgotten John Clarke (AKA Fred Dagg) - you made us all laugh,
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Yamaha F1ZR, Kawasaki Ninja 150R
    Woww, thankss a lot..

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    US Chrome, good buggers, both 7075 rods have been hard chromed at minimal cost. Because they are keen to help out with the projects (and I guess ultimately would like to do more paid chroming for me in the future).
    But odd that they will not send the components back to NZ, they can only sent within the US? No problem I'm getting the parts sent to the guy that makes the Gyro rotor blades for me in Florida, so they will be sent out to NZ in due course in a box of rotors, hopefully shortly. This will have to be sorted in the future if I'm going to get more done. Anyone needing 7075 parts hard chroming?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    They chromed my 50 bore on steel sleeve, on internet advice from Eric Gore. Good chap. Lasted 10 years at 13,000 rpm.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    finally finished the sleeve engine off well enough to have a fang up and down the road. The good news is it didn't seize, the not so good news it's not exactly lightening. Although it will pull into a power band of sorts. I think the timing is too retarded perhaps? I'm estimating over 13000 rpm though, so the next job is to pull it down and see if it's all well inside. My ears are still ringing.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    finally finished the sleeve engine off well enough to have a fang up and down the road. The good news is it didn't seize, the not so good news it's not exactly lightening. Although it will pull into a power band of sorts. I think the timing is too retarded perhaps? I'm estimating over 13000 rpm though, so the next job is to pull it down and see if it's all well inside. My ears are still ringing.
    What pipes did you use?
    okay goes back and looks they do thave a restristor in the end cone Neil?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Well Neil,
    You should be proud to have resurrected a 70+ year old design and have actually got it up and running - and with no bloody piston rings either - I doubt if anyone else has done that!
    You're now within reach of being able to show RR a thing or two! - congratulations!

If the FOS works ok, Frits might persuade Jan to let you do all his castings for him so he won't have to modify any more Rotax stuff!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI

Sleeve

Ready to roll,
    See new clutch leaver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170417_163112.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	803.9 KB 
ID:	330169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170417_163156.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	828.7 KB 
ID:	330174  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Impressive stuff.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    #yamaha's secret prototype

To get it to this point is impressive. Love the starter.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Ready to roll,
    See new clutch leaver.
    Out of interest how did you figure out the pipes there is not a lot of data on what sleeve valves 125 with two exhaust needs.I actually forgot the Creasy was supercharged.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information