Page 214 of 337 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Yes the Steadmens was right after all.
    This is a sensible replacement for my ' universal ' crank case. The original was set up for a YZ gearbox, too hard to find. This has a 175 gearbox, smaller, still robust and available. Water cooled crank case and large rotary valve.
    Designed for 100 or 125cc engines.
    Reeds are for lawn mower engines��
    Would love to see just how the variable timing of your rotary valve is "varied" but I don't really expect you'll be disclosing that on here, at least not just yet!

And who the hell are the 'Steadmans' (and I do realize of course than I'm not quite up with the play!)
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Legend has it that Jimmy Steadman (and Maryann) started bucket racing. They would enevitably meet on the road somewhere on their way to work. Jimmy had a RV Kawasaki 100, Maryann had a Honda 90, so he got beaten to work every time. Maryann goes to the camshaft shop and asks for a cam that 'spits and backfires under 5000 revs' , so next Jimmy is fitting an expansion chamber and off the whole sorry story of bucket racing begins.
    The variable RV is in the ESE thread but I wouldn't know how to find it.

Bike
    husaberg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	variable disk timing 02.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	331684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	variable disk timing 03.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	331685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	variable disk timing 05.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	331686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	variable disk timing 06 & ride by wire throttle control.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	331687
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Legend has it that Jimmy Steadman (and Maryann) started bucket racing. They would enevitably meet on the road somewhere on their way to work. Jimmy had a RV Kawasaki 100, Maryann had a Honda 90, so he got beaten to work every time. Maryann goes to the camshaft shop and asks for a cam that 'spits and backfires under 5000 revs' , so next Jimmy is fitting an expansion chamber and off the whole sorry story of bucket racing begins.
    Is that the same Jimmy Steadman that built the 750 triple?

Bike
    2007 xin chen moped
    Haha nice legend and not too far from the truth. The thing I can't forget is Jimmy cutting all the fins off his Kawi 100 barrel leaving the top and bottom ones and gas welding a water jacket around it.

actually a few things come back to mind after all these years.

Being totally gobsmacked when the Air Force gave us permission to close the base roads and use virtually the whole base and tarmac to hold the first Woodbourne GP.

Somebody's bike dying in the first practice and being totally stripped to a skeleton by the end of the day.

Battler on a Vespa

Having to machine down the crank webs so the cam they made for the Honda 90 pushrod engine didn't hit it. Balance factor be damned ..

Steadman wearing a pair of paper overalls decorated with colored streamers dicing for the lead with Moston Wadsworth

The spirit of the event.

Great to see buckets still going strong and the fantastic stuff you guys are building

Greetings from Cambodia

JF

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by guyhockley View Post
    Is that the same Jimmy Steadman that built the 750 triple?
    Yes.

Jimmy & Maryann also had a little competition with Z1RTCs. Pretty sure Jim's was pulling 15:30 gearing in the end. Rumours of hitting 174mph and stopping within 1400m and back tyres lasting less then 30km

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Thanks Flettner & Co,
    Revelations come in waves! I asked who the Steadmans were and I get all this stuff which just highlights my ignorance in these matters and what a relative newcomer I am - sorry I don't know all this stuff and thanks for the info, but I'm sure I've still got a lot to learn!
    One thing I do know however is that if something is missing somewhere, Husa (the archive maestro) will sniff it out - like the variable rv.
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Flettner,
    Are you still using the same system today or have you moved on and improved it all since? (as you do).

I devised something vaguely similar (when I had a Kawasaki 100 many years ago) with a two piece sliding backplate - two (almost) semi circles opposing each other and a gap between them, ie at the opposite edge to the port with two cams on the actuating shaft, or possibly a two sided linear cam being pushed /pulled from the perimeter, (but whatever, one cam for each semicircle). therefore making independent operation of opening and closing and plenty of scope for experemintation with timing.
    These, nowadays, of course would probably be operated independently by a stepper and a chip!
    Did I do it? - no! of course not, I'm not a doer really! - I did do some drawings (sketches) but unlike Husa, I can't find the bloody things - probably went out in the rubbish - possibly were rubbish!

This Kawasaki turned out to be my last bike - I went over the handlebars when an dozey but ambitious dog attacked my front wheel and I ended up in hospital! and the wife said "enough"!, so I bought a very cheap (and ugly) Skoda instead, not going of course - good car, except that she wouldn't go in it - seemed to think that it was a bit of a step down from a Corolla! - I dunno
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Yes.

Jimmy & Maryann also had a little competition with Z1RTCs. Pretty sure Jim's was pulling 15:30 gearing in the end. Rumours of hitting 174mph and stopping within 1400m and back tyres lasting less then 30km
    If that's "maryanne" Faithfull, he turned up down here in the 90's riding an FZR1000 at club days. Threw it away a couple of times and stopped coming.
    Haven't seen him for years.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If that's "maryanne" Faithfull, he turned up down here in the 90's riding an FZR1000 at club days. Threw it away a couple of times and stopped coming.
    Yes that MaryAnn,well Grunph, legend has it again ----------

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Last I saw of him he was in China and posting slightly raunchy videos of his girlfriend. Noone is betting on him not being in jail.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Last I saw of him he was in China and posting slightly raunchy videos of his girlfriend. Noone is betting on him not being in jail.
    "slightly raunchy videos of his girlfriend"

Wow, dealing with molten metal is getting better and better all the time...
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    Exercycle
    From what I remember of his riding on the FZR, that's probably marginally safer.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Getting some design advice from a higher authority.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170711_075931.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	459.6 KB 
ID:	331704  

Bike
    None
    Better listen carefully. I see the "Why did you that in that way, while I told you otherwise?" in his eyes. And they are always right.

Thread Information