Page 247 of 337 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Neil alias Fletto alias creator of lots of swarf, excellent work. Still a legend.
    Still a legend? Becoming more and more of a legend, I'd say. And you could add Uniflow to the Neil-Flettner-Fletto list, Keen Ken .

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    [QUOTE
    Question. The cover to go over all this, will this have bores to accept the two actuator shaft bearing pillars? If this is the case, will the belts will be "dry"?[/QUOTE]

yes, same as my F9, only that runs push pull cables, dry.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Question. will the belts will be "dry"?
    Talking of dry or wet belts, I know of one case where the belt actually runs in the oil spray with apparently no problems - that is the cam belt on the little four stroke Honda weedeater engine!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Talking of dry or wet belts, I know of one case where the belt actually runs in the oil spray with apparently no problems - that is the cam belt on the little four stroke Honda weedeater engine!
    VW Amarok also has belt driven oil pump in the sump!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bike
    husaberg
    Some of belts are designed for running in oil.
    The ones Tony Hayward uses for his primary conversions certainly are.
    https://www.contitech.de/en-GL/Solut...TI-SYNCHROFLEX
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    In my little tooth belt drive set up is a TPS and I don't think they like to be in oil. Ironically the belt I'm using will work in oil, I think but it won't need to.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Regardless of whether they work in oil or not, its nice to see some innovative thinking!.

Have you got a built in fail safe? ie will the throttle close fully if something happens (to prevent something worse happening - like reaching Ryger RPM or higher - unlimited revs!).
    ....... not thinking that you would forget that of course!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    S’pose not casting directly, but it shows the use of simple patternmaking and machining to make the Jamathi motor, way back in the 50 cc days. No CNCs and big billet stuff way back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITwB...&feature=share

Was looking out for a young, fresh-faced Frits in the background (or even foreground), but must have missed him.

There is a second vid with more of the same plus some track action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_e_HNEy4mo
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    none
    Have you got a built in fail safe? ie will the throttle close fully if something happens...
    Until recently, cutting the ignition would have done the job. But I remember Flettners video of a runaway engine that didn't even have a spark plug.
    Cutting the EFI would be the next option. But I remember a video of this same engine running away on the oil puddle in the crankcase.
    Maybe we should think about hammering a wooden stake in the inlet opening, Dracula-style...

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    ha ha, yes, like the Detroit diesel with a flap spring loaded over the supercharger. If you can't cut the ignition or fuel, air is the last resort. I suppose you could always shove a fire extinguisher up it.
    At 360cc I'm sure it will 'draw blood' at some stage.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    If you can't cut the ignition or fuel, air is the last resort. I suppose you could always shove a fire extinguisher up it.
    That fire extinguisher gave me a fresh idea: choke the engine with a CO2 overdose. One small cartridge should do.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Frits do remember this 360 is not running HCCI but there is another on the bench that does, it has no rotary valve, no reed valve, and no crankcase as normal. It's throttled but with fuel (and a small amount of air) , a function of all I've learnt so far. this is the one that I'd like to run a small % of hydrogen with ethanol as the main fuel.
    this 360 will have the throttle Gibs operated direct via cable ( then to tooth belt) with return spring for initial running, the real worry is later when the two throttle Gibs are operated separately via their own servo drives, ( fly by wire) when the ECU can't make it's mind up, that's when we will have issues. What did Frits once say, crash by wire.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    after a long consultation with Blackwood Yamaha, the 360 is going to be electric start. Always said I would never do this but he has convinced me on how small and light the systems are now. It was going to be pull start, a bit optimistic perhaps, although I have big arms.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    .........the 360 is going to be electric start. ........ It was going to be pull start, a bit optimistic perhaps, although I have big arms.
    Good idea! - big arms (or legs) are a complete waste of time if you don't have big shoulder and big hip joints to go with them!
    I may know sweet FA about bikes really, but I do know about that .... first hand!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I guess that has to be the best start ever at the Acerbis four hour, in gear (second), auto clutch, push button electric start, with the guaranteed fire on the first compression TPI will deliver.
    Acerbis starts are dead engine,

Thread Information