Page 272 of 337 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Will, certainly had a few issues initially, but I think it was down to:
    1. Setting the print head height to ensure the first layer is of correct thickness.
    2. Clean the bed surface every time with a wipe of isopropyl alcohol
    3. Preheat the bed, in my case to 70 deg C
    4. Giving the nozzle a few manual feeds beforehand to ensure it is all flowing well after soaking at 200 deg C.

Loss of SW is a nuisance, but I thought you were on Fusion 360.
    KEN,
    Do you use masking tape?

My little machine manages at between 210 deg C and 215 deg for the head and between 50 deg & 60 deg for the bed.
    Set the temps to what you require and it won't move till those temps are reached.

I eventually found that easily the best thing for removing the tape adhesive still stuck to the bed (after trying everything else really) was a quick rub with good old cheap SALIVA then scrape it off with the edge of an ice cream stick etc - works a treat - If you can't find any of this cheap commodity in Aus, then I'll send you a bottle!

FUSION 360 - it's fine and I was learning it well, however, after a year of getting you hooked ...... "WHAMMO!" - it becomes too bloody dear for a person of my means! - very good for those with a business I guess!

SW - Same thing, too expensive for a dabbler like me - but again it's very good, as we all know!

DESIGNSPARK MECHANICAL(DSM) I'm using this at the moment - this seems to be an older (and free) version of the more sophisticated "SpaceClaim" but it's fine for me.

FREECAD, free as it's name implies, this is 'open source' - seems fine, but I still have to check it out properly.

There are others as well!

…… all great fun for an old guy! If only all this had been around when I was just starting out!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    KEN,
    Do you use masking tape?

I manage at between 210 deg C and 215 deg for the head and between 50 deg & 60deg for the bed.

I eventually found that easily the best thing for removing the tape adhesive still stuck to the bed (after trying everything else really) was a quick rub with good old cheap SALIVA then scrape it off with the side of an ice cream stick etc - works a treat - If you can't find any of this cheap commodity in Aus, then I'll send you a bottle!

FUSION 360 - free for a year to get you hooked, then "WHAMMO!" - too bloody dear for a person of my means! - very good for those with a business I guess!

SW - Same thing, too expensive for a dabbler - but again it's very good, as we all know!

DESIGNSPARK MECHANICAL(DSM) I'm using this at the moment (probably an older free version of the more sophisticated "SpaceClaim") but fine for me.

FREECAD, free as it's name implies, this is 'open source' - seems fine, but I still have to check it out properly.

There are others as well!

…… all great fun for an old guy! If only all this had been around when I was just starting out!
    Will as far as i can see you just re-sign up again for free according to this
    Yes. Fusion 360 will always be free for hobbyists, makers, startups working on developing their products, and students/faculty. Hobbyists get 1 year free to start, whereas students and faculty get 3 years. After the subscription expires, you'll have the option to renew and start the free subscription all over again
    https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusio...r/td-p/6756051

How to renew your start up/enthusiast license for Fusion 360
    Causes:
    Start Up and enthusiast licenses for Fusion 360 are good for one year at a time, but can be renewed annually once they expire at the end of the year term.

Note: you can renew the Start up/enthusiast license more than once!
    Solution:
    To renew the start up/enthusiast license, sign-up for the license again per the instructions in the article below. The renewal sign up process is the same as the initial sign up.

How to activate Start-up, Student or Educational licensing for Fusion 360
    https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...usion-360.html

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...p/8501400.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    I got the same message, but just signed up again for free.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Will,

Did buy some tape, from yer old mates at Bunnings, it was 50 mm wide, blue and made by 3M, mfg in the US of A. Haven't used it yet though.

Yep, re-enrol with Fusion 360, you are a hobbyist. As it's internet based, I'm sure they could see the turnover of your usage, and the nature of your work, so you wouldn't have any issues. Unless, of course, you were designing the full engine and body model of next year's Lamborghini.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Will as far as i can see you just re-sign up again for free according to this
    Thanks Husa, / Lohring
    Looks like I was too hasty about Fusion 360! (too busy using it to really take notice of what was actually being said), so I might just carry on with it - once you know how to use one then the others will naturally be much easier to learn and each one will have its own particular strong points. - I'm doing fine with the present one (DSM) of course but then, it is possible to learn them all!

Ken,
    Yes, saw the blue masking tape there as well, just went for the SCOTCH one because that's what worked originally and as saliva (for removing the glue) works well with it, it's free and I have a plentiful supply of it (always dribbling on ), but who knows though, the glue might not work well at different temperatures!

Yes, I would be a little more worried about them having a good laugh at my attempts at drawing than anything else! - the possibility of them copying my inventions definitely doesn't worry me!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    some dry runs, dangerously close to a first melt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190403_204302.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	591.3 KB 
ID:	341462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190403_204344.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	491.2 KB 
ID:	341463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190403_204455.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	431.7 KB 
ID:	341464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190403_204548.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	564.9 KB 
ID:	341465  

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    the crucibal trolly, not finished yet as it needs a ring to hold the crucible so it can be transported and tipped. Note the highly sophisticated lift / lower system.

Name:	20190403_204809.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	492.0 KB 
ID:	341466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190403_204712.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	492.2 KB 
ID:	341467  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I always like this version Neil

Y

About 8 minuets in
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Looks well thought out and quite a beast it would seem ! - will you still be using the old faithful oil / methanol / whatever? burner or will there be an upgrade of that too?
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I always like this version Neil

Y

About 8 minuets in
    All well and good but that is just a toy foundry, my lid weighs 90 kg and the crucible I'm useing is too heavy to lift with just one person. So the necessity to need a crane. Having a crane already there, may as well use it to lift the lid also. I might be full of shit but let's see how it works in real life.
    This setup is a copy of the foundry I used to use in Thames. What I considered a 'proper foundry'.

Will D, yes I'm useing the same burner, fuel and vacuum cleaner as it all worked well with this size pot on the last furnace. Thankfully I made the burner hole big enough to fit a bigger tube if this one is inadequate.

Bike
    husaberg
    All well and good but that is just a toy foundry, my lid weighs 90 kg and the crucible I'm useing is too heavy to lift with just one person. So the necessity to need a crane. Having a crane already there, may as well use it to lift the lid also. I might be full of shit but let's see how it works in real life.
    This setup is a copy of the foundry I used to use in Thames. What I considered a 'proper foundry'.

Will D, yes I'm useing the same burner, fuel and vacuum cleaner as it all worked well with this size pot on the last furnace. Thankfully I made the burner hole big enough to fit a bigger tube if this one is inadequate.
    90 KG what scale is that?
    I never realised it was that big.ALthough i did wonder when i seen how many bags of castable refactory you had.
    what size is the crucible?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Yes, definitely a beast! all much bigger than the' Myford Boy' one above ........ on a higher plane than anything I would dare to try!
    I am also a great believer in the "suck it and see" method (using educated guesses and commonsense)……. best way to learn really!
    I went to pick up my furnace etc a while ago from Puke, but the bloody burner has gone missing - and it was so good too!
    The plans for it are buried somewhere in the archives of my mind - unfortunately the archives are lost too!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    A new R2D2 found and fitted.

Name:	20190404_155442.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	553.4 KB 
ID:	341474  

Bike
    husaberg
    A new R2D2 found and fitted.
    Nilfisk who i think brought tellus used to be part of the company that made Nimbus motorbikes
    I think Nimbus had one of the first Telescopic forks plus a few other stuff years ahead of their time.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Nilfisk who i think brought tellus used to be part of the company that made Nimbus motorbikes
    I think Nimbus had one of the first Telescopic forks plus a few other stuff years ahead of their time.
    Wasn't it a Swedish inline 4 (fore & aft)?
    Strokers Galore!

Thread Information