Page 279 of 337 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    heat treated to the gold standard (fish)

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Wot?? - the Bucket Foundry ground to a halt? - I don't believe it!............ We all know that a good thread never ends, so where has it gone?
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Got a new temp reader, ceramic tip, but haven't tried it yet. So nothing to report. Real work in the way.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Got a new temp reader, ceramic tip, but haven't tried it yet. So nothing to report. Real work in the way.
    I'm sure there a lot of interested onlookers still here Neil and it's hard to be a contributor if not actively involved (hands on).

I'm still as interested as ever of course, but things are not getting any better as far as engineering and foundry stuff is concerned - only remaining son & family in NZ possibly will be moving overseas, so for us it could mean moving into a "Box" but if that is to be my fate, then so be it! Some rotten little bastard pinched my burner as well! but......- I will hang on to my little tiny lathe, my tiny little 3D printer, tiny vice, drill etc, computers with drawing programs and various other pieces of equipment which I'm going to take with me when I kick the bucket - I hope that's not being too negative .......... is it?

I find that the kind of positivity expected from us these days involves telling ourselves all sorts of bullshit! - I tend to stick to reality (often known today as "negativity").

Having finished my philosophical rant, I do hope the bucket foundry can continue even if there are not so many "hands on" contributors - interest alone will always be welcome I'm sure!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    We are not worthy.

Bike
    husaberg
    We are not worthy.
    You are more than worthy.
    halfway through 3rd video is the cases the first video edited out a fair bit he was actually more prepared than he was portrayed he had a 20 or was it 44 gallon drum half full and 2 buckets of water and a sauce pan for of water on hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Bit late, but here it is:

PART 1.

Just happened to be sitting in the foyer of a hotel in Gronigen, and guess who walked in? None other than a young and trim Frits Overmars.

After the formalities, ?C?mon? he said, ?firstly, let?s go down and see Martijn Stehouwer at Emot Racing and then we?ll see who else after that.?

Well, what an experience. Martijn (a double European 50cc champion) has a business supplying and servicing the very strong 50, 80 & 125 cc racing fraternity. Has just so many parts. He operates from an old church which he is also converting into his home. Much 2 stroke banter was to be had, with many bits to look at and compare.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1059a.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	342337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1064a.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	342330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1063a.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	407.7 KB 
ID:	342336

Martijn, also has a plethora of racebikes, old and new. Of course, Frits couldn?t help himself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1068a.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	377.0 KB 
ID:	342331

So, what next? "Aalt Torsen (amongst other things a champion rider for Jamathi) he?s not far away? Nope, he?s not home.?

PART 2 coming.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    To be honest I feel happy just to be able to talk to any of you guys on this thread....... and you reckon you are unworthy??
    Britten is admittedly something else of course and although he wasn't perfect by any means, he had a go anyway - a Bucket Racer come of age, who took it all past a hobby maybe?
    I suspect some might think his vision took precedence over commercial reality ... just a tad. ?

Ken, we are interested in your overseas trip to the land where bikes continue to have some status ( and are tolerated?)!

Husa, yes .... well prepared ..... like I was for foundry work with a welding helmet and having forgotten a dross remover, grabbed an aluminium garden trowel close by which I thought was stainless - (dummy) ..... one plus though - no one else around to laugh at me (another wise move)!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    BTW - to digress ......maybe not the best place to ask, but do any of you guys know if Mazda got their (sparked) HCCI engine into production, or have they still not perfected it? - they said this year and time is marching on!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    finally got the kickstart shaft, counter rotating balance shaft and the new kick start gear off for hardening. All EN39B, case hardened to 58 / 60 Rockwell. A real nice steel, hard on the outside and tough on the inside in the hardened state. 0.75 mm hardness depth, enough to finish grind to size and still have a hard surface.

Bike
    Exercycle
    finally got the kickstart shaft, counter rotating balance shaft and the new kick start gear off for hardening. All EN39B, case hardened to 58 / 60 Rockwell. A real nice steel, hard on the outside and tough on the inside in the hardened state. 0.75 mm hardness depth, enough to finish grind to size and still have a hard surface.
    Nice to work with too. The close ratio gear pairs I used to make, one was in 39B and the other in 36A. I'd been told to use dissimilar steels as they wore better. None have worn out yet, LOL.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    For buckets and cams with sliding contact, yes, with gears rolling contact, 39B to 39B is fine.
    The down side of using Heat Treatments is having to wait, bugger it, although they do treatments over the weekend. Should see the parts back Tuesday.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    For buckets and cams with sliding contact, yes, with gears rolling contact, 39B to 39B is fine.
    The down side of using Heat Treatments is having to wait, bugger it, although they do treatments over the weekend. Should see the parts back Tuesday.
    Yes, 39B I always found was a delight to machine. - In my later days I worked part time in a gearcutting shop and most days I trudged through the traffic from Mt Wellington to Mt Albert with shafts and gears to have them hardened at Heat Treatments, then trudged back with hardened ones.
    On the odd occasion we might get a slightly banana shaped shaft (after hardening) which tended to piss us off somewhat!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Yes, 39B I always found was a delight to machine. - In my later days I worked part time in a gearcutting shop and most days I trudged through the traffic from Mt Wellington to Mt Albert with shafts and gears to have them hardened at Heat Treatments, then trudged back with hardened ones.
    On the odd occasion we might get a slightly banana shaped shaft (after hardening) which tended to piss us off somewhat!
    Been there with a warped shaft. I once did a long mainshaft for a box I wanted to convert to dry clutch. Came back curved about .008in over it's length.
    Luckily it was still to be finish ground. A mate with a press got it to within .001in and we carried on - with fingers crossed.

Thread Information