Page 291 of 337 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Yes Will, I've been a little distracted lately, one I prepared earlier. I built this one fifteen years ago (number 007 as it happens) managed to buy it back recently so have been flying it around my favorite Galatea. Turbocharged SUB4 motor (Subaru block) , great little aircraft even though its a pushrod fourstroke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191229_091828.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	818.9 KB 
ID:	344044  

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Yes Will, I've been a little distracted lately, one I prepared earlier. I built this one fifteen years ago (number 007 as it happens) managed to buy it back recently so have been flying it around my favorite Galatea. Turbocharged SUB4 motor (Subaru block) , great little aircraft even though its a pushrod fourstroke.
    Do I detect the good old Subaru climbing out from the depths of your mind, looking for an upgrade so it can put those two strokes to rest?

BTW, is the old opposed piston design you were experimenting with still buried somewhere in your mind? - I would have liked to ask a couple of questions about your findings with that experiment (but thought you'd gone elswhere).
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    No Will, still here. Been trying to finish the 360 mk2 TPI.
    Getting close but there is a lot of family stuff going on at the moment so my shed has to take second place.
    Uniflow is not forgotten, have had some recient intetest but we will see. A company developing a Uniflow engine raised an eyebrow when shown my 20 year old uniflow in the boat,��.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    I do understand, - and there has been a lot of family things going on with me for the last few years - not like your situation around this time of year though, - more like what we'll be doing in the future with all the family overseas! only one (of three) left and he's going very soon with his wife and our grandkids.!
    l would rather stay here in NZ, but wife thinks differently and she is a Kiwi! ...... hard to resolve - almost as difficult as finalising the design of the two stroke engine!

Good to hear that some of these companies are at least taking notice! - however they are up against it too and as I always say, it's not engineering excellence or innovation which sells stuff - it's marketing and fashion only - that's what brings in the bikkies! - Bikies? - Bacon ? - how do HD and B&S still manage to sell really very outdated technology?......... BS - that's how!

Then again, despite all that, try and stop a true inventor from inventing!

Happy and productive new year to you all.
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    husaberg
    No Will, still here. Been trying to finish the 360 mk2 TPI.
    Getting close but there is a lot of family stuff going on at the moment so my shed has to take second place.
    Uniflow is not forgotten, have had some recient intetest but we will see. A company developing a Uniflow engine raised an eyebrow when shown my 20 year old uniflow in the boat,��.
    Not uni but i seen this today
    http://achatespower.com/wp-content/u...plications.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think they are the only people (besides Neil and KTM) doing any serious development on the two stroke engine at the moment! - Looks like they have some backing (judging by the quality of their blurb anyway!), but good to see they are coming up with some worthwhile "excuses" for accepting the two stroke concept - we actually have to come up with excuses these days because marketing people never even consider it anymore and are really making the two stroke guys feel like naughty little boys for trying to keep it afloat! - so I hope that Achetes can find a market........ but then I did also want to see the Duke axial engine succeed.

I have been a very strong follower of the opposed piston concept for many years since I had a ride in a Commer truck at the age of 15! (ie 60 years ago!).
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Fellas, decided that my little foundry was too complex, so went back to basics: At least he gets something done..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Fellas, decided that my little foundry was too complex, so went back to basics: At least he gets something done..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating! and that one will be eaten and spat out!

(I do know it's only a demo of just how simply things can be done!).
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Here you go. https://youtu.be/jHMn92SAlgY You just have to admire what can be done.

Lost wax casting. https://youtu.be/v44bEsL3TCo

An AC compressor converted to a working motor. https://youtu.be/SxqyfB83tSo

And an electric go cart (motorcycle) motor made from an old car/truck alternator. https://youtu.be/IKqy3rRWJQE

The skilled making it look simple.

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    all the family overseas! only one (of three) left and he's going very soon with his wife and our grandkids.!

Happy and productive new year to you all.

Same to You

I once had a son in Afghanistan,one in USA and one in Germany and wife did not like it.
    Why has Your kids emigrated from land of milk and honney?
    I hope You find a satisfactory solution.

My former two stroke spark ignited opposed piston phantasies can be enjoyed here

http://archive.ph/zHnXJ

or here (different pictures)

http://archive.ph/s7gTY

The best place for spark plug will be in center of exhaust piston but I never found a suitable scheme.
    Le us crowd invent.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    The best place for spark plug will be in center of exhaust piston but I never found a suitable scheme. Le us crowd invent.
    My first thought was the method once used by Saab, with one electrode reaching down from the cylinder head and another electrode spike riding on top of the piston. the head electrode was insulated from the engine mass while the piston electrode was the 'negative electrode',
    which meant that the ignition current had to move through all the bearings between the piston and the engine body; not the best of ideas...
    My second thought (I had just been in contact with mr. Uniflow, aka Neil Hintz ) was to forget the spark altogether and combine the opposed piston layout with the HCCI principle. That's the best I can do at the moment.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Ok Frits, just for you.
    New my engine has no EFI or ECU or injectors, no reeds or rotary valve, no spark plug, no ignition system just two carburetors (ultimately one would do), KISS. BUT it is opposed pistons.
    An ideal aviation engine maybe? My preasant engine (Subaru) burns one litre every three minutes, considered acceptable but it would be nice to do better on cheaper fuel.
    This engine should run fine on Kerosene or Diesel or Jet fuel.
    Idle speculation perhaps.
    The unit I'm building at the moment displaces 98cc, has a clutch and gearbox attached, for road testing.
    Im not wasting time on pattern work or casting just modifying an existing cylinder, I want quick results to tell me if I'm heading in the right direction.

Bike
    1964 Vespa GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    My first thought was the method once used by Saab, with one electrode reaching down from the cylinder head and another electrode spike riding on top of the piston. the head electrode was insulated from the engine mass while the piston electrode was the 'negative electrode',
    which meant that the ignition current had to move through all the bearings between the piston and the engine body; not the best of ideas...
    My second thought (I has just been in contact with mr. Uniflow, aka Neil Hintz ) was to forget the spark altogether and combine the opposed piston layout with the HCCI principle. That's the best I can do at the moment.
    since there is no head to squish against how about shaping the piston to squish the middle and the combustion in a torus. this gives a wall to place one or more spark plugs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 17.28.24 .png 
Views:	74 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	344102
    Patrick Owens
    www.OopsClunkThud.com

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsClunkThud View Post
    since there is no head to squish against how about shaping the piston to squish the middle and the combustion in a torus. this gives a wall to place one or more spark plugs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 17.28.24 .png 
Views:	74 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	344102
    i love that, you could have a ring of fire.
    it could be the Cash engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Ok Frits, just for you.
    New my engine has no EFI or ECU or injectors, no reeds or rotary valve, no spark plug, no ignition system just two carburetors (ultimately one would do), KISS. BUT it is opposed pistons.
    An ideal aviation engine maybe? My preasant engine (Subaru) burns one litre every three minutes, considered acceptable but it would be nice to do better on cheaper fuel.
    This engine should run fine on Kerosene or Diesel or Jet fuel.
    Idle speculation perhaps.
    The unit I'm building at the moment displaces 98cc, has a clutch and gearbox attached, for road testing.
    Im not wasting time on pattern work or casting just modifying an existing cylinder, I want quick results to tell me if I'm heading in the right direction.
    Sounds bucket legal. . .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information