Page 301 of 337 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Will D, I got lots of ideas, it depends on which one wins on the day of the pattern being made.
    No, really, this one will just use standard crank cases and rods. Im trying not to make my usual mistake of cramming too many new things into one development.
    Good thinking Neil - That's not what I do when I think about things - (I seldom do things ) - I cram so much into my mind at the same time and through not coming to any firm conclusions, it all comes out distorted and nothing actually gets recognised!

Still good fun though - can't be as bad as my grandkids generation sitting gawping at computer games ( now being played by someone else these days instead!) - they might have to think and strain their little minds!

Grumph
    Yeah lots of weird stuff and it puts us all to shame! (also keeps those electroplating people on their toes with all the new challenges!) :
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    wax better be doing its job!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200505_154104.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	665.3 KB 
ID:	345844  

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Good wax, did its job, cylinder core box done. Water jacket core box next and second set of transfers core box. All simple enough, just time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200506_090829.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	637.3 KB 
ID:	345853  

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Good wax, did its job, cylinder core box done. Water jacket core box next and second set of transfers core box. All simple enough, just time.
    Was the wax just to prove it or what? - not a wax core ?? - or am I still missing something?
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Wax release agent, you have to be sure its going to work, otherwise it all becomes one, ugly chunk of useless junk.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Wax release agent, you have to be sure its going to work, otherwise it all becomes one, ugly chunk of useless junk.
    I did think that at first ..... then thought I'd better ask as I do remember you using a dusting of graphite powder for that purpose!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    OK Will, Jacinda is easing up the C19 lockdown, it's getting warmer or cooler in Auckland, so get your shoes off , your pyjamas on and get casting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G3Vk2eUpgM
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Would have problems if I tried to get up after hunkering down for that long! And would prefer to wear at least Jandals (thongs to you) but my biggest problem is that the guy who was storing my foundry gear for me fell out with the missus and left - but the real tragedy was that she cleared the shed of all the stuff she perceived to be "junk" and consigned it to the tip!! ...... Very sad story !
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Isn't it so sad that the modern tip is not what they used to be. When my dad and I would usually come home with more stuff on the back of the Thames Trader than we took there in the first place. Mum hated it! I loved it.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    They just don't bloody understand do they? And we don't understand that it's totally futile to try to get them to understand! - much better to buy some brand new shiny imported crap - its new and looks good and when the shine starts to fade, throw it away and get a new one!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Yep, I remember with my brother riding our bikes to the tip, fossicking over all the junk, bringing home treasures. Pull them apart, see how they worked. Interesting in those days there were no plastic bags blowing all over the place.

So Fletto, the Thames Trader. Was that the one with the 4 cyl Consul engine in it? I remember that this and the 6 cyl Zephyr shared the most ugly exhaust manifold. A log circular manifold clamped to a semi circular recess over the length of the head. Even as a pimply faced little kid I was appalled at the shit design and how those poor old exhaust gases ever got out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford-consul-mk1-mk2-hockey-stick-exhaust-lazer.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	345942
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Yep, I remember with my brother riding our bikes to the tip, fossicking over all the junk, bringing home treasures. Pull them apart, see how they worked. Interesting in those days there were no plastic bags blowing all over the place.

So Fletto, the Thames Trader. Was that the one with the 4 cyl Consul engine in it? I remember that this and the 6 cyl Zephyr shared the most ugly exhaust manifold. A log circular manifold clamped to a semi circular recess over the length of the head. Even as a pimply faced little kid I was appalled at the shit design and how those poor old exhaust gases ever got out.

people likely had chocks or pigs or at least knew how to compost so there were likely no food scraps either
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post

Haha, yes that one. Dad put a Zepher six in it later on. All that did was up the fuel consumption. I got it gifted later when I was an apprentice, dad was trying to get rid of junk around his place. Gladly received though. Blew a piston on the way to Bay Park raceway, transporting my super charged Honda 100 to its first outing. Thames kept going but used a whole container of engine oil just to get home. Ran the screwdriver across the spark plugs untill I found the offending one, pulled the plug lead off and removed the pushrods, stopped spitting oil out, yay. Didn't seem to go any worse and still used heaps of fuel. But yes, that jolly exhaust manifold, some designer at Ford is probably still laughing about that, just good enough but nearly not.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Haha, yes that one. Dad put a Zepher six in it later on. All that did was up the fuel consumption. I got it gifted later when I was an apprentice, dad was trying to get rid of junk around his place. Gladly received though. Blew a piston on the way to Bay Park raceway, transporting my super charged Honda 100 to its first outing. Thames kept going but used a whole container of engine oil just to get home. Ran the screwdriver across the spark plugs untill I found the offending one, pulled the plug lead off and removed the pushrods, stopped spitting oil out, yay. Didn't seem to go any worse and still used heaps of fuel. But yes, that jolly exhaust manifold, some designer at Ford is probably still laughing about that, just good enough but nearly not.

Name:	ae7fc81949ea205c7fa948a93ba2b82a.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	345943
    Was that the model? - our Traders used the diesel engine from the Fordson Major tractor - wasn't it asking a bit much of a Consul engine? - Anyway, petrol in Europe at that time was much too expensive! ..... Wish I had had one of those the day I found a couple of Bristol sleeve valve radials (from a crashed Wellington bomber at the local tip!).
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post

Name:	ae7fc81949ea205c7fa948a93ba2b82a.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	345943
    Was that the model? - our Traders used the diesel engine from the Fordson Major tractor - wasn't it asking a bit much of a Consul engine? - Anyway, petrol in Europe at that time was much too expensive! ..... Wish I had had one of those the day I found a couple of Bristol sleeve valve radials (from a crashed Wellington bomber at the local tip!).
    I remember my old man having a very tidy version of one of these
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information