Page 305 of 337 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Fletto, wotcha going to do for the encore ??????????
    take over the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Wait for the introduction to be completed before even thinking about the encore Ken! - the design process is sowly being overtaken by the construction progress here!
    As you can see, I can't sleep, up in the night worrying about this project - I had to get up for an hour or so in order to keep pace with it all to allow my mind some time to comprehend Neils foundry pictures! ..... no doubt it will eventually get there, slowly but surely!

Sorry Husa, but WTF are you talking about? - I'm just a simple country boy and I don't understand your sophisticated city talk or way of life - that one trip you went on, over the mountain to Christcurch has changed you! ......
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    take over the world
    World domination, that was supposed to be last week, didn't happen, bugger it. You will know because when it does happen the 'new' rules will be heavily in favour of motorbikes and gyrocopters, twostroke ones, clearly.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Oh I get it now, you meant enCORE, not just an encore....good one Ken..
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Ken,
    This is all becoming a bit too intellectual (and therefore confusing) for me! - I think I'll sit back and just watch the show!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    take over the world
    OMG , somebody actualy built funnybot's !

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    An encore, uniflow.

Also a project underway is the new four port Subaru heads. Here one old Siamese port head had to volunteer for the saw. I need to remind myself whats inside a standard head, its been over twenty years since I built the original patterns. If you think this exhaust is ugly, you should see the inlets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200612_200823.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	492.9 KB 
ID:	346142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200612_133013.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	690.6 KB 
ID:	346143  

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    An encore, uniflow.

Also a project underway is the new four port Subaru heads. Here one old Siamese port head had to volunteer for the saw. I need to remind myself whats inside a standard head, its been over twenty years since I built the original patterns. If you think this exhaust is ugly, you should see the inlets.
    Need to strain to get my head (excuse pun) around all this - the picture on the right is the old standard Subaru head - right? and the picture on the left is your new OP project and so I assume that that is a positive of the water cavity? - so 3 exhaust ports?..... But what are those rectangular blocks/protrusions/or "cavities to be" between the exhausts?..... or is it just all a bit early in the day for me to be able fully understand? - Think I'll go and pour a cup of coffee!

BTW, where is a good place (in NZ) to buy crucibles?. - where do you get yours? - (5" OD plenty big enough for me!).
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Will D, the protrusions on the water cores are core prints. Holds the core in place, will leave a rectangular hole behind. These will become water outlet holes. There is a rectangular one and a round one to get accurite core location.

Google Metcast.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Will D, the protrusions on the water cores are core prints. Holds the core in place, will leave a rectangular hole behind. These will become water outlet holes. There is a rectangular one and a round one to get accurite core location.

Google Metcast.
    Thanks,
    Now things are slowly coming back to me! - it all feels good becoming interested again! - and then there's challenge of doing it all again mostly using the stuff I have lying around!
    Was thinking of making a crucible but perhaps better not to risk it - they don't seem to be as expensive these days.
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Back to the old beads on a string, hot glue gun trick. Bondifill and sand, kind of satisfying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200615_162326.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	652.5 KB 
ID:	346153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200615_162845.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	612.4 KB 
ID:	346154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200615_170535.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	473.3 KB 
ID:	346155  

Bike
    Exercycle
    An encore, uniflow.

Meh, BMC A series are nearly as bad. I'm going to assume you're doing these heads for export...

There are a number of people down here who have talked to me about engines for post classic sidecars. One lot i spoke to asked about the small early Subaru engine.
    I said yes, and there's four port heads coming too....
    But then I went looking for an engine. Rocking horse poo. I haven't seen an early Sub on the road for years. Trevor Crowe Subaru have a nice Brat ute as a shop runabout - but it's re-engined with a turbo I think.

Where are you sourcing your engines from ?

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Meh, BMC A series are nearly as bad. I'm going to assume you're doing these heads for export...

There are a number of people down here who have talked to me about engines for post classic sidecars. One lot i spoke to asked about the small early Subaru engine.
    But then I went looking for an engine. Rocking horse poo. I haven't seen an early Sub on the road for years. Trevor Crowe Subaru have a nice Brat ute as a shop runabout - but it's re-engined with a turbo I think.

I sold a couple about 12 years ago to a guy in Featherston.

Look out all you (so called "VW") aero egine guys I reckon! - (probably about as much VW in them as you would find in a Manx Norton!) yet those "modified V-dubs" are quite popular for light aircraft, but a similarly produced four valve Sub might just be less flimsy and generally better!

I liked my old four valve 1988 Toyota Corolla (4AFE) and later my Camry 2.2 - both had torque to spare - didn't need anything like VVT, they could (especially the Camry) pull away in top gear - but got to admit I eventually burned out the Camry clutch demonstrating it! ..... significantly, they both had 'under square' engines. (bore < stroke)

Anyway carry on with the OP two stroke, - that gets more intriguing by the day!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

West coast, they will all be there.
    Ive got about twenty engines, I know of little stashes here and there.

Bike
    husaberg
    West coast, they will all be there.
    Ive got about twenty engines, I know of little stashes here and there.
    there was a few that collected a lot of them as they lasted longer than the bodies did.
    I cant say i have found the particular one you wanted
    But i think i may have tracked down the guy though at least
    There were two rather large collections about 10 and 20km away i think the guy who had the one 20km away has buried his all though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information