Page 306 of 337 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    there was a few that collected a lot of them as they lasted longer than the bodies did.
    I cant say i have found the particular one you wanted
    But i think i may have tracked down the guy though at least
    There were two rather large collections about 10 and 20km away i think the guy who had the one 20km away has buried his all though.
    Well, dig them up then.
    EA81's

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Well, dig them up then.
    EA81's
    Chuck the shovel in the ute, - lets go! (got a map? - X marks the spot!)...... Subaroooo!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    More beads and bondifill.
    Next to make a base plate to glue on with four lugs to hold a crankcase. The top one, exhaust piston crank case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200617_210920.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	528.9 KB 
ID:	346164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200617_210953.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	455.1 KB 
ID:	346165  

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Or perhaps six lugs might fit better.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Hell. this is becoming more complicated by the mniute! - Wish there was a finished product that I could reverse engineer in my mind!

Converting positives to negatives mentally (for me anyway) is much more therapeutic than anything else I can think of!
    ..... but I know that all will be revealed sooner or later!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1974 Yamaha RD250
    All of the KTM engineers are on the edge of their seats with each post!! HA-HA!!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 190mech View Post
    All of the KTM engineers are on the edge of their seats with each post!! HA-HA!!
    Yes, they and 10,000 others are too - nothing is too small or goes unnoticed by some, who put each little idea into the great pool of ideas, sift through them and assemble them to suit - we don't invent, we discover - they were always there!
    Something is being gained by someone, somewhere but the problem is, people in this world ( who don't respect intellectual property nor honour the efforts of the enthusiast or "back shed inventor"), will profit!

Sorry, here I go again!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Its ok, the important stuff is statically hidden. Im really getting into this, intetesting to see how its all taking shape, I guess its as Id imagined it might look. I could just go day and night but I am going to have to stop shortly, customers are starting to get agitated for the real work bugger it.

Name:	20200618_104740.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	550.8 KB 
ID:	346166  

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Its ok, the important stuff is statically hidden. Im really getting into this, intetesting to see how its all taking shape, I guess its as Id imagined it might look. I could just go day and night but I am going to have to stop shortly, customers are starting to get agitated for the real work bugger it.
    Ah! so that's why I'm having problems understanding it!

Can't get a decent A4 clay graphite crucible in NZ for much less than 100 bucks - can get a fused silica one for around 60 - doesn't sound too expensive maybe, but for a budget foundry, supposedly made from surplus stuff lying around ..... quite a lot!
    BTW I found a bag of Flint Clay (no doubt which I scrounged from somewhere a long time ago!) so with that and my Mullite Mortar, sand etc, maybe I can make my own - I dunno! ..... anybody with a bit of knowledge there? ....... just a while ago a bag of 'perlite' arrived (I think I ordered it for the garden!).

Yes, those customers arriving must be a pain in the ass!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    BTW I found a bag of Flint Clay (no doubt which I scrounged from somewhere a long time ago!) so with that and my Mullite Mortar, sand etc, maybe I can make my own - I dunno! ..... anybody with a bit of knowledge there? ....... just a while ago a bag of 'perlite' arrived (I think I ordered it for the garden!).
    Yo! WilDog, Doesn't seem too difficult, here's a recipe, off the net!

100 grams Kaolin + 300 grams Kyanite, mix dry, add just enough water to make mix like Plasticine, form shape, dry thoroughly, fire it, done.

They need to be cooked in a kiln to around 1260 C. and held near that temperature for around 45 minutes to an hour.

Is there a pottery club near your home? Pottery supply stores often have a firing service available.

Cheers, Dazza!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    There you go Will D, some bosses for the water inlet and outlet.

Name:	20200619_085053.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	461.2 KB 
ID:	346168  

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    There you go Will D, some bosses for the water inlet and outlet.
    Ok Neil,
    Just give me a day or so to come to terms with it and (maybe) I'll comment!
    Funny how when you look at the photo, those rectangular "passages"? "lugs"? (at the bottom of the pattern) seem to change from ... well ... passages to lugs and back to passages (negatives to positives).... or is it just me being undecided as to what they are?? - something you wouldn't get with a 3D image though!!
    BTW The colour coding idea does help visualise things!

Daryl,
    I replied before (now it's gone for some reason) but I said that I just want to use what I have on hand, plenty of recipes - from plaster/sand to high alumina concrete mixes on the net, still I think I've got enough stuff to be getting on with now - all experimental of course! - Toying with making my own crucible too but maybe it's a bit dangerous to do that!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Today I said "what the hell" and ordered a new A4 crucible from Certec for $69, delivered to my door - (worth it from the safety aspect I think) - it's a fused silica type and good for up to 1500 deg C - sorta defeats the purpose of the "budget" exercise I know! - think I've got enough other stuff to be getting on with.
    Spent a lot of today thinking up an LPG burner to replace my "lost" one, plus a good set of tongs to replace my lost pair of those! - all good fun so far!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Today I said "what the hell" ........ all good fun so far!
    Well done Will, - keep us posted.

Cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Crucible arrived today, smaller than the last one (A4 - think the last one was A6) fused silica, easily good for bronze. Also found my adjustable reducing valve but some asshole nicked the burner off it, so continuing with my new burner build (off the top of my head!). Other things to sort out here as well though, so progress will be slow - but I'll get there eventually!
    Strokers Galore!

Thread Information