Page 7 of 337 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    It's not my thread, but I'm happy to use it.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Early Christmas present Flettner didnt take you long to fire it up.
    I splashed out today and ordered some Rencast, so I better get off my arse and start building something flash.
    Best I get into gear to, I haven't even started the 175 cylinder yet ( well sort of ). Too much time pissing around with gear hobbs and 360 engines!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    It's not my thread, but I'm happy to use it.
    Ok then. sorry YOW LING, I haven't got the hang of things as yet!

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Ok then. sorry YOW LING, I haven't got the hang of things as yet!
    Hey Will its public, anyone with something interesting to add is welcome.
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    True but it's good if it stays close to the original theme.
    Of course, I could start another thread but then I'd probably run out of steam.
    The ESE thread is just too massive (very interesting in the early pages though) but now it's becoming just too much to read through all the little arguments.

Seems to me that threads should be closed down after a max of say 25 - 30 pages or so and whoever wanted to could start another thread if they had something interesting and different to say!

I hope this doesn't help to change the course of this one, but the longer it goes on, the more it will stray off course, but I'm sure someone here will still have more interesting offerings, maybe even you or me if we actually get our foundry ambitions off the ground and we'll at least be able no doubt to show others what NOT to do!

Cheers,
    Will

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    True but it's good if it stays close to the original theme.
    Of course, I could start another thread but then I'd probably run out of steam.
    The ESE thread is just too massive (very interesting in the early pages though) but now it's becoming just too much to read through all the little arguments.

Seems to me that threads should be closed down after a max of say 25 - 30 pages or so and whoever wanted to could start another thread if they had something interesting and different to say!

I hope this doesn't help to change the course of this one, but the longer it goes on, the more it will stray off course, but I'm sure someone here will still have more interesting offerings, maybe even you or me if we actually get our foundry ambitions off the ground and we'll at least be able no doubt to show others what NOT to do!

Cheers,
    Will
    Will; the ESE thread gets a lot better once you get past the silly spats by SS90 and others (trying to derail stuff)...
    Once Husa, Speedpro, wobbly, Frits really get going it becomes one of the best two stroke develop threads (open to the public) on the net. TZ starts summaries on decade page from page 400 (I think)... There is very cool snips of information...
    Last edited by Bert; 16th January 2014 at 20:01. Reason: Bloody auto correct... Sorry Frits

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Once Husa, Speedpro, wobbly, Fitz really get going it becomes one of the best two stroke develop threads (open to the public) on the net. ...
    That's a bit embarrassing, actually, REALLY embarrassing

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    That's a bit embarrassing, actually, REALLY embarrassing
    I feel for you Mike and Wayne and Frits.
    I am totally utterly unworthy....
    Brent do you want it in cash or direct debit......
    i have tried googling stuff lately and the web is utterly chocka of ESE pics and posts now. Rob should be proud.
    I just wish Jan would post, i catch him visiting there every so often.
    Neils stuff is utterly amazing. Very inspirational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I've already decided if I won Lotto I'd be buying a big shed (next to Neil's) and inviting a few people we know to come and build stuff, for money of course. I reckon it's only money that is holding a few people back from building some truly outrageous things. A 750 V6 2T is one I know is just sitting there stagnating. Rob would have his own shed as most things don't need to be that complicated.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Now that is very interesting, any photos and more details?

I have some Ariel bits and am keen to build a clasic racer.

The ESE thread would be keen to hear about your Ariel adventures.

Might just send a PM instead,
    I have checked out (some) of the ESE thread and thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the stuff, but as for breaking into that massive thread and describing my "Ariel Special" I don't think so!

There will be so much good info gone to waste through the thread becoming so big and cumbersome, an average new person like myself takes a look through it and thinks, "it's just too difficult sifting through this mix to extract the stuff I want" (which is there of course), so I get fed up, shut down and go to bed.
    A limit to thread size I say, 1000 odd pages isn't so good, unless people are more interested in getting into the Guiness Record Book than they are in bikes! - I actually go to sleep at the computer sometimes and wake myself up snoring! - you've got to think of us oldies!

Anyway my Ariel adventures didn't really amount to a lot but, I did enjoy the building and experimenting - that all ended when I fell in love with the Suzuki T20, fastest 250 around at the time, (late sixties), not perfect but it got around the street circuits in fine style (ie when I got my head around the bad handling etc.!).

Cheers,
    Will.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    ?......
    There will be so much good info gone to waste through the thread becoming so big and cumbersome, an average new person like myself takes a look through it and thinks, "it's just too difficult sifting through this mix to extract the stuff I want" (which is there of course), so I get fed up, shut down and go to bed.
    A limit to thread size I say, 1000 odd pages isn't so good, unless people are more interested in getting into the Guiness Record Book than they are in bikes! - I actually go to sleep at the computer sometimes and wake myself up snoring! - you've got to think of us oldies!
    Cheers,
    Will.
    I guess thats why Rob ended up doing the decadial summaries.
    You can flick through and find stuff of interest. Page 660 will summaries the gems from the last 10 pages...

Mike: lotto win, would you build us a frame department???

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Of course. The real problem will be finding someone to fabricate the pipes for the V6

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    kidnap Nigel & put him in a dank hole with some tin snips & some oxy/ace bottles till he produces something akin to on his 500.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Yow Ling,
    Have you settled on what type of crucible you are going to use for ally? - also what type of furnace to build?
    I haven't as yet really got going, but I'm trying to get my gas bottle hitched up to a simple burner and fan system.

Don't think any of my patternmaking is going to be in Flettner's league but it should be fun trying.
    Some people are interested already, but I want to keep it all low key and out of sight till I can actually produce some castings and have something to show for my talk!

Did you finish your dyno?

Cheers,
    Will.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Yow Ling,
    Have you settled on what type of crucible you are going to use for ally? - also what type of furnace to build?
    I haven't as yet really got going, but I'm trying to get my gas bottle hitched up to a simple burner and fan system.

Don't think any of my patternmaking is going to be in Flettner's league but it should be fun trying.
    Some people are interested already, but I want to keep it all low key and out of sight till I can actually produce some castings and have something to show for my talk!

Did you finish your dyno?

Cheers,
    Will.
    Hi Will, furnace wise I just found one on trademe I had to make a new burner for it, I had a 3 phase industrial blower which I run at 6hz , its just a babys breath but its all it can handle.

making a burner was pretty simple , the body is made from a USD fork tube, jet is just a 2mm hole.

Still only have my steel tube crucible , when I get a barrel cast I will pay the man to do it properly, when you find a good range of crucibles put up a link here , my furnace is 300 deep and 250 diameter

My idea for casting a cylinder is to use a Suzuki one as the pattern for the outside and just make some cores for a 3 port exhaust and Use vinamold to take a copy of the existing transfers and alter them a little.
    Havnt quite figured out the waterjacket yet.
    I understand the say nothing till you have something to show , but Im quite a way into this with nothing to show and its too late to turn back !

Dyno goes and is pretty cool tool to have in the shed, my Mrs wont let me ride in the driveway anymore after a small accident and hospital stay, anyway dyno is much more honest than my roadside dyno.
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Thread Information