Page 281 of 337 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It's glued in.

Thanks for watching my video.
    (as they seem to say at the end of the clips my daughter watches on unboxing toys) .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post

How long will you keep us in suspense with the gudgeon arrangement?
    He's signed a non- disclosure agreement. There are two patents pending. We're waiting for the share issue to come out.
    His Iwi won't release it. The camera has broken. You guys on here have been nasty to me and I won't tell you.
    KTM are watching....

Pick one - or come up with your own reason, LOL. He'll tell us when he's ready.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Grumph, you are getting old and cynical like me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190718_180349.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	342505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190718_180406.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	420.3 KB 
ID:	342506  

Bike
    Exercycle
    I haven't got the knees to be as cynical as you, LOL.

OK, now we see how it's done. Any positive locking ideas for the four retaining screws ? Will the "bearing caps" have closed ends to retain the pin endwise ?

CNC has made this sort of thing much more feasible. I wouldn't like to do it without.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Ok that's clever. Not easy to machine I would have thought but it only needs to be super square not super smooth.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Ok that's clever. Not easy to machine I would have thought but it only needs to be super square not super smooth.
    Thats the beauty of CNC, generating something like this 'channel' is no problem. I could go back and finish it in 0.01 steps, but its not necessary. A little bit of bearing blue and a scraper and its all good.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Thats the beauty of CNC, generating something like this 'channel' is no problem. I could go back and finish it in 0.01 steps, but its not necessary. A little bit of bearing blue and a scraper and its all good.
    Wouldn't it be lighter and easier to have it slide in sideways as per-normal but into blind hole on one side and a screw in cap on the other? or a slide in dummy side with a internal circlip
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Wouldn't it be lighter and easier to have it slide in sideways as per-normal but into blind hole on one side and a screw in cap on the other? or a slide in dummy side with a internal circlip
    No. Why fuck around when I can just do this. No caps to fall out or unscrew or extra parts, just simple, like me. I do intend to use Titanium cap screws.
    That is said with a smiley face, my phone won't do emojis.

Bike
    husaberg
    No. Why fuck around when I can just do this. No caps to fall out or unscrew or extra parts, just simple, like me. I do intend to use Titanium cap screws.
    That is said with a smiley face, my phone won't do emojis.
    Youre the engineer, but i am sure your phone does have the emojis.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    My phone does do emojis but for some reason won't put them up on Kiwi Biker. Main house computer will, first world problem I guess.

Bike
    husaberg
    My phone does do emojis but for some reason won't put them up on Kiwi Biker. Main house computer will, first world problem I guess.
    I showed my son he laughed at you last post.
    But You want to hear him stamp his feet when the WiFi drops out
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    none
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neil Hintz closed piston-02.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	342509
    First thought: KISS! If it works for con rods, it ought to work for pistons. Second thought: those con rods are oil-cooled steel (or they're in low-revving outboard engines); this piston is combustion-heated light-alloy. Won't the bolts be ripped out? And how do you prevent them from unscrewing? It'll be a bit too hot there for Loctite.
    I don't want to sound negative; I want this to work, preferably at astronomical piston speeds .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    What is the difference in expansion between titanium and aluminium? - probably not as much as steel and aluminium??

I seem to remember a manufacturer trying a two piece piston - ie the outer part consisting of the piston crown and skirt (all one piece) and the other part consisting of a simple bracket basically the same as the normal pin supports inside a normal piston, c/w with normal (complete) gudgeon pin holes this assembly being bolted to the head and seperate from the skirt. - camming may then be unnecessary?
    So I guess the small end assembly will be fitted up first to the bracket (the bolts to attach it to the head will somehow need to be made accessible to an Allen key) and there are lots of different methods of preventing bolts from loosening.
    I could be talking utter shit of course, but thought I'd give it a go just the same!
    - I'm not really sure if it was Montesa - Maico? but it began with 'M' I think ....... don't know what became of it and I can't find any info on it as yet! ....... Husa?

Astronomical piston speeds huh? - not another 30,000 job I hope! ...... guess then you won't be looking at a long stroke or even a long rod then!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    - I'm not really sure if it was Montesa - Maico? but it began with 'M' I think .....
    Matchless? Minarelli? Morbidelli? Morini? Motobecane? Moto Guzzi? MV Agusta? Nothing rings a bell?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neil Hintz closed piston-02.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	342509
    First thought: KISS! If it works for con rods, it ought to work for pistons too. Second thought: those con rods are oil-cooled steel (or they're in low-revving outboard engines); this piston is combustion-heated light-alloy. Won't the bolts be ripped out? And how do you prevent them from unscrewing? It'll be a bit too hot there for Loctite.
    I don't want to sound negative; I want this to work, preferably at astronomical piston speeds .
    Well, the McCulloch kart engines used two quarter inch capscrews into alloy rods at the big end without major problems. As do millions of industrial engines.
    Personally, I'd do inserts in the piston to increase the thread engagement area.
    I'd probably also either use hex head screws - or grind flats on round capscrews - to use a steel strip between the heads, bent up as a positive lock.
    A lot of industrial engines use hex headed big end screws with a bent up steel lockplate.

Thread Information