Page 51 of 337 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    It's RPM and power limited for aviation certification.

Husa you posted a couple of pics of the MAV4 part built on the bench that I sent you some time back.
    On another thread ? Will may be interested.
    I will see if I can find them, I are currently using 1.26 GB to store 7,322 uploaded attachments on KB
    They will be on my emails anyway, might be faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2001, Aprilia, RS250
    This may be of interest, if not entirely suitable for parts.

http://www.core77.com/blog/materials...inum_28105.asp

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfumi View Post
    This may be of interest, if not entirely suitable for parts.
    No,not worth the effort, seems it's good quality material but the best flowing stuff is piston material with a high silicon content, unfortunately this is not the best material for casting crankcases etc.
    Also, steel moulds and crucibles contaminate the ally and make it useless for heat treating, (ask Flettner).

And no I still haven't got my furnace melting stuff yet because of all the more "high priority" stuff which needs to be done around the house, also the need to get another venue organised for casting, but no doubt I'll get there sometime this month.
    As I said earlier, i need to spend less time on the computer and more on the furnace!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    It's RPM and power limited for aviation certification.
    Guess if it's based on a de-tuned CR 500 cylinder it must be producing up to about 150 bhp (guess), but I still wonder what the deal is with the exhaust, ie the straight pipes interconnected - I'm sure the last thing they need on that machine is four bulky chambers of course.
    I seem to remember that Wobbly designed a pipe for light aircraft which didn't look bulky at all!
    Maybe these guys have found a way to interconnect straight pipes to produce an effect similar to chambers, without the bulk, - do chambers become less effective at lower revs and outputs?

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

melting aluminium

Great thread, Had a go at melting alloy myself in a furnace made from a hole in the ground, barbeque charcoal and a hot air gun feeding into the bottom of the charcoal. surrounded with bricks and a concrete slab on top. saw it on you tube, thought, looks easy... Well , i used a stainless steel sugar jar with top to melt the alloy in. Cant tell you how excited i was when i heard the roar from the charcoal. l gave it awhile and then decided to have alook see if alloy had melted..... Moved the concrete slab, lifted off sugar jar lid and looked over the top to see what had happend...I knew the air supply should have been cold not hot as the gun packed up eventually, but the blast of hot air which came up towards me was ******* hot. Ended up sounding like Rod stewart for acouple of weeks, even went to the doctors thinking id done some permenent damage. luckily was a couple of foot above the heat, so alls well Never had ago since......

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Great thread, Had a go at melting alloy myself in a furnace made from a hole in the ground, Ended up sounding like Rod stewart for a couple of weeks, even went to the doctors thinking id done some permenent damage. luckily was a couple of foot above the heat, so alls well Never had ago since......
    Lucky you didn't have permanent damage, When I first fired up my furnace (above ground) I got away with singed arms and eyebrows and a bloody awful burnt smell about me but no real harm done - I now have a lot more respect for those people who are always telling me to be careful!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Thankfully I've got a moderator, wife.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Thankfully I've got a moderator, wife.
    So have I, but she still goes to work - through the day I'm a free agent and fortunately (unfortunately?) I'm often a law unto myself, which sometimes leads me to take liberties and shortcuts, sometimes with consequences!

Found somewhere (near Pukekohe) where I can go out and fire up my furnace without the fear of upsetting anyone.

By the way, why am I called a "Hardcore Biker" when the last time I was able to attempt a ride on a bike was around 1992? - can't see how I can change that, but there must be some way!

Update - Ok, found it! - now changed.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah just in profile change it to big girls blouse or Nz first supporter or Neil diamond fan club or. . .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    So have I, but she still goes to work - through the day I'm a free agent and fortunately (unfortunately?) I'm often a law unto myself, which sometimes leads me to take liberties and shortcuts, sometimes with consequences!

Found somewhere (near Pukekohe) where I can go out and fire up my furnace without the fear of upsetting anyone.

By the way, why am I called a "Hardcore Biker" when the last time I was able to attempt a ride on a bike was around 1992? - can't see how I can change that, but there must be some way!

Update - Ok, found it!
    settings on the top right general then setting left of your screen........ edit profile......
    Custom User Title:
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah just in profile change it to big girls blouse or Nz first supporter or Neil diamond fan club or. . .
    What the hell is wrong with Winston and Neil Diamond anyway? Neil Diamond is still intact and healthy compared to a lot of ancient rockers ( with titles) and Winston is...well.... Winston, (I got a Goldcard through him). ......girl's blouse huh?........and you are?
    I'll have you know that I had a photograph taken on a Harley(and it wasn't a Skirtster)!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I was just making some suggestions in case you were the suggestible type
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I was just making some suggestions in case you were the suggestible type
    No, my wife has me sussed, she (nearly) always suggests the opposite of what she wants me to do as she knows that I won't listen and will do the opposite every time - (does that make sense? I dunno) - anyway I'm on to that now, it's all an art really

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    https://www.facebook.com/pete.hehir/...7461048&type=1

photos of patterns and castings for replica TZ750 crankcases.

cheers,
    Michael

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/pete.hehir/...7461048&type=1

photos of patterns and castings for replica TZ750 crankcases.

cheers,
    Michael
    I had to laugh the other day when someone thought the damaged Britten cases on one of the display bikes could never be remade again as the patterns were destroyed in the earthquake.

The is some incredible work, TZ750 I have never seen one in the flesh yet I have drooled over them for years.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information