Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shoei RF-1200 (NXR in EU)

Bike
    2012 Victory Vegas Zach Ness
    Interesting reading guys. Decided to buy a NXR in Matt Black. Arriving later in the week.

Bike
    '03 RSV Mille,'03 RS50 Aprilia, GN250

Thread resurrection

Hi guys, I am after some knowledge if possible. I have been wearing a Shoei XR1100 for the last few years and it is coming up due for replacement. The problem is I have an XL sized head and the XR replacement NXR is a different shape and will not fit. I have tried Arai, HJC, Bell, Shoei NXR and cannot get a good fit. Does anyone know if an RF1200 is bigger or smaller than the XR1100 ? Any other observaions?

Bike
    that one in my sig
    What way doesn’t it fit? I went from an XR-1000 to a RF-1200 and the fit was identical aside from the cheek pads being tight. They loosened up nicely though.

Bike
    It was on the good
    I went from an XR1000 to an NXR and the fit is very much the same although it is a bit tighter when taking it off.

Has your head grown?

Bike
    '03 RSV Mille,'03 RS50 Aprilia, GN250
    I would like to say my head has grown due to excessive amount of knowledge but we all know bullshit when we hear it. The nxr has 2 pressure point on my forehead causing headaches after about 5 minutes in the shop so I am too nervous about it on the bike.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by yomikey View Post
    I would like to say my head has grown due to excessive amount of knowledge but we all know bullshit when we hear it. The nxr has 2 pressure point on my forehead causing headaches after about 5 minutes in the shop so I am too nervous about it on the bike.
    It probably means your head is just not Shoei shaped. Which helmets do you find comfortable? People talk about Arai shaped heads etc. There is a list somewhere of the different head shapes and the matching helmet makes.

Cheers

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Good thread. I want the 1200 in Trooper white scheme. Wondering about the cost vs NZ prices, not much once you factor shipping and customs/gst etc....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2022 Triumph Tiger Sport 660
    My current bike is a bit more of an upright ride than my previous bikes and I am currently still running an XR-1000. Picking up my new GT-Air tomorrow though so after a few kms with it I shall let you all know what I think.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    One thing I hadn't realised until recently was that some helmets are not suitable for sports bikes or those with clip-ons. I bought an AGV K5 just 'cause I liked it but the way it sits on my head combined with the low forehead bit means my neck is at an uncomfortable angle on my sports bike. It is OK on the flat but going up hill I have very limited vision. My Bell is OK. So if some of you, like me, have this problem be careful on your helmet choice.

Cheers

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Anyone know when new shoei colours available in NZ?
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information