Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw 2T oil. Perplexed.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    If it is hesitating from idle, then your low jet screw needs a tweek.
    Keep it sharp and clean, you'll be right.
    What!!!!!!!? My low jet screw needs tweeking! K'inell. It's fresh out the packet. I'm guessing thats what the little screwdriver in the tool kit is for.
    That's the rest of my evening sorted, finding that fucker, start work at 7am so I will have a go tuning at 5:30.

I give the chain a wee touch of the file at every fuel fill, same as a good knife, a little, often. I don't like to see sawdust, I'm a shavings man.

Cleaning? Give it a good, soft brushing to get the crap off it? That's my current modus operandi, never felt the need for a water blaster & wax.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...i have a very small cheapy that needs the H-L balance sorted constantly...no probs...just tweak til running at full shit...

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Even the big "Name" brands have three different class of chainsaws (throughout the entire size range) ... Home (light use) / Farm (Moderate use) / Professional (hard use).

Buying by brand names alone will not always cut the mustard ... you get what you pay for. See the agents for ANY particular saw you buy and ask what recommended oils/ratio's are best for THAT saw. even state you intended use amount to confirm its suitability for you. As already stated ... the warranty may be void if you didn't follow the manufacturers guidelines.
    Most under 45cc/ 16" bar or less are considered at end use: consumer/home or casual
    And some supermarket specials for the likes of Mitre10 & Bunnings only really have a design life of around 100hrs some wont even confess an design life.
    Even smaller model saws of the big name brands aren't even built by the parent company.

Light Professional/Semi Pro/Farmer sized saws are the best balance for durability

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Air compressor is a chainsaws best friend. Give the groove in the bar a good clean and inside the sprocket cover and airfilter. Yup, thats what that little screwdriver be for, usually the mixture screws will be on the side of the saw in a little hole and usually have a L or a H or a T marked next to them, T being the idle screw.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Gonna need help with the felling, it's 4ft across at least. Bit much for a scaredy cat like me.
    fuken lemme addit! Lemme addit!

Ill pack me big husky and fuck the cunt up for science

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    This one is a sthil and has LA instead of a T.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    usually the mixture screws will be on the side of the saw in a little hole and usually have a L or a H or a T marked next to them, T being the idle screw.
    And don't fuck with them unless it's absolutely necessary, they don't adjust themselves. And don't fiddle when the saw is cold wait until it's at operating temp before adjusting anything

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Just had a squizz at me hand book and indeed I need to give my little L a twiddle when warm. I exaggerated on the Wattle, 3 foot is more like it, at the top of a bank, decent lean & hoooooge limbs. Bloody good fire wood when it comes down! Got some big, old, gnarly pines, too. Akzle.....?

Sometimes with this old place I feel i have the energy of old age & the wisdom of youth.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    This one is a sthil and has LA instead of a T.[IMG]
    i believes thats low (idle) and air...
    Have a tutu and see what happens.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Just had a squizz at me hand book and indeed I need to give my little L a twiddle when warm. I exaggerated on the Wattle, 3 foot is more like it, at the top of a bank, decent lean & hoooooge limbs. Bloody good fire wood when it comes down! Got some big, old, gnarly pines, too. Akzle.....?

Sometimes with this old place I feel i have the energy of old age & the wisdom of youth.
    ...just do it...30,60, 90 minutes a day on any job gets it sorted...beers included...

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i believes thats low (idle) and air...
    Have a tutu and see what happens.
    H and L at the top, La(idle) down below.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    And don't fuck with them unless it's absolutely necessary, they don't adjust themselves. And don't fiddle when the saw is cold wait until it's at operating temp before adjusting anything
    The saw does not stall, just hesitant on that first touch of throttle after idling. It tinkles, too. After beasting something, when you realease the trigger it tinkles. Sounds like an old DOT 2t trials bike coming off the gas.

According to me handbook the adjustment screws are set for the atmospheric pressure of Bremen, Germany.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    The saw does not stall, just hesitant on that first touch of throttle after idling. It tinkles, too. After beasting something, when you realease the trigger it tinkles. Sounds like an old DOT 2t trials bike coming off the gas.

According to me handbook the adjustment screws are set for the atmospheric pressure of Bremen, Germany.
    Still do the adjustments when it's hot otherwise you'll be achieving sweet f/a..... and in small increments 1/16 tweaks or you'll be chasing your arse on a hit & miss mission

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

3ft?
    Aww. Ill bring the 180 then.
    Yeah fuken bring it on.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    3ft?
    Aww. Ill bring the 180 then.
    Yeah fuken bring it on.
    Nah, I will walk the Td9 up and push the fucker over, be there this time next year if I leave on sunday(trail ride tomorrow) morning.

Thread Information