Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw 2T oil. Perplexed.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...i'll just look at it and it'll be kindling...

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Any hoo. Oil?

Anyone get their oil online? I want to buy Motul full synth 2t for the DT & the preferred oil for the saw but can nae find it aroon aboot. Prices at the Stihl & Husky shop are eye bleeding! The Motul I just can't find.
    4 litre: http://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/style/mo800fl2t4.aspx
    1 litre: http://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/style/mo800fl2t1.aspx <<( looks like a bit of a typo in the description on that one, but it's 8002T http://www.motul.com/nz/en/products/...%5Brange%5D=21)

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs363 View Post
    That is gold. Thank you.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Yo momma

When I was at the Husky dealers he showed me an American assembled saw and a Chinese one, both genuine, both identical on the outside. The Chinese one was the same as my old, seized saw, crap chain brake, crap plastic, generally crap & cheap. So, buyer beware, Husqvarna do proper saws & disposable ones.
    Huskys made in China, never heard that one before. I googled it and found some 2 series huskys were made in Brazil to make up supply otherwise Sweden is the place of manufacture. Not saying anyone is lying but just saying... I've had 3 and 4 series huskys and all made in Sweden.
    Solo brandwise is as good as Husky, stihl etc.

Bike
    Yo momma
    That is gold. Thank you.
    They sell husky and stihl oil in six pack bottles, each one is measured to mix with a gallon (3.7l) of gas (petrol for you unzudder types). That is how I have always bought my smoke oil and never had a problem.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Huskys made in China, never heard that one before. I googled it and found some 2 series huskys were made in Brazil to make up supply otherwise Sweden is the place of manufacture. Not saying anyone is lying but just saying... I've had 3 and 4 series huskys and all made in Sweden.
    Solo brandwise is as good as Husky, stihl etc.
    The saws I was shown at the dealers had Made in China or Made in America on them & in there hand books. The dealer pointed it out to me.
    I'm not biased. The thought of American production lines no longer makes me think quality first. Now I initially think profit. Same as China.

It's all live & learn really. I always assumed Sweden too. Guess they moved closer to market,
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    I thought the American Husqvarnas had rancher stamped into the handle, the chinese ones had a single thin fall line in the body, and the swedish ones the thick fall lines in the body.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    XR200

Clones

There are clones of Husqvara saws coming out of China but with their own brand name. I don't believe they are manufactured under licence - they simply look very similar which is entirely deliberate.

We shouldn't knock China too quickly - their factories are capable of building good quality equipment which is why Apple and others have established plants there.

Personally I accept a Chinese saw (plenty on TM) will do the job so long as you don't plan to pick it up season after season. For the casual home user who doesn't expect much, they can be very good.

Here is a link and comment 5 is by a Kiwi who has used Stihls:

http://forestry.about.com/b/2008/08/...re-rubbish.htm

Comment:

"So for the home user I feel these are fine, obviously there are some bad eggs, but for the money we pay in NZ for these Chinese saws they are damn good value. Any professional user would not buy Chinese anyway in my mind, I always ran Stihl during my logging years, but wasn’t prepared to pay $NZ 1150 for the equivalent saw to the Chinese one.

My only advice for the Chinese saws is to replace the original spark plug with a Champion or similar, and be prepared to adjust carburettor a couple od times during break in. They do require a 25:1 ratio fuel, but the good quality oils such as Castrol etc have barely a puff of smoke at that ratio nowadays. Just my opinion, but I feel for the price we pay (here in NZ anyway) they are good value."

Here is an example on TM - http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-fa...-685111784.htm

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    I thought the American Husqvarnas had rancher stamped into the handle, the chinese ones had a single thin fall line in the body, and the swedish ones the thick fall lines in the body.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...dow13/w077.jpg
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cm/p...l-48469414.jpg
    This is what I have and it has never missed a beat.
    http://www.macarthurmowersandmarine....s/CIMG5108.JPG

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    We shouldn't knock China too quickly - their factories are capable of building good quality equipment which is why Apple and others have established plants there.

we absolutely should. no-one should buy anything from china. we don't need to be propping up their economoney, there's enough nomoney here in nz to worry about.

second to that, their qc is, on the whole shit.

tertiarily, their chainsaws are heavier than comparable models, unbalanced which leads to fatigue and white finger a lot quicker, much quicker to wear out and generally or otherwise are poos to use.

so no. fuck china.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    This is what I have and it has never missed a beat.
    I have one of those 460's too, but without the rancher bit. My 365 special does most of my work now though, And that is a real good saw. I used to be all Sthil, but the parts and the like are just too damn expensive.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Just stumbled onto this...http://thecounterfeitreport.com/prod...Chainsaws.html

Bit hard to tell one from the other when looking at them.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    we absolutely should. no-one should buy anything from china. we don't need to be propping up their economoney, there's enough nomoney here in nz to worry about.

second to that, their qc is, on the whole shit.

tertiarily, their chainsaws are heavier than comparable models, unbalanced which leads to fatigue and white finger a lot quicker, much quicker to wear out and generally or otherwise are poos to use.

so no. fuck china.
    Several fair statements right there.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    I have one of those 460's too, but without the rancher bit. My 365 special does most of my work now though, And that is a real good saw. I used to be all Sthil, but the parts and the like are just too damn expensive.
    The 365 is a much better saw than the 460. Lighter and more power. The 460 is the biggest of the farm/ranch saws and the 365 is the beginning of the pro grade line.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
    Go to your bank or get online banking. Your cc records absolutely go back more than 6 months. Failing that give gcsb a call they will have a record.
    Failing that send an anonymous email asking for help and I'm sure the NSA will respond with the answer.

Thread Information