Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GoPro tips for new GoPro owner?

Bike
    KTM 200exc 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    dont put in in a drawer face down - my lens got scratched everytime it slid when i opened and closed the drawer....
    haha nah i keep it on the mounting plate thats on the box..
    And the sound is alot better with the open door not much wind noise either i went up and down the farm track with it in my hand.. cant wait to get some videos on youtube of some rides. the contour got run down and the record switch stoped working so i though i might as well buy a Gopro
    Ruts Before Sluts

Bike
    2010 GasGas EC300
    I suggest you use the 30/60 fps options. The PAL/NTSC naming is misleading, unless you have it set to the lowest resolution it only changes the frame rate.

The free gopro software got a lot better a while ago, and I now find its quite fast and easy to use. I also use handbrake to encode to h264 before upload to youtube.

I find 720p 30fps or 60fps on the helmet mount to work well. The chest mount is also good if its setup right. I find they tend to be less stable than the helmet mount.

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    I run with the open back door most times, unless it looks like its going to rain, or if Im at the beach around the waters edge or in it. as for mounting, if its only the basic kit then your helmet is your only option, on top or on the side, left or right, the chest mount is good. The Go Pro is pretty robust in its case so if your handee at fabricating, you could make your own brackets to mount where you want.

My Buell using suction cup to frame open back door, setting in cam to flip as cam was upside down.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/vb...ear-31-12-2013
    Last edited by oldguy; 1st January 2014 at 21:30. Reason: spelling
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Thread Information