Thread: How to programme new HISS key for Honda CBR?

Bike
    2001 CBR600 F Sport

How to programme new HISS key for Honda CBR?

Hi,

I have recently purchased a spare key for my 2001 CBR 600 F4i as I only have 1 - and don't want to fork out for a new CPU if I lose it!

My new key has a blank chip installed, and has ben pre-cut to fit my ignition.

But how do I programme the chip so it works with the HISS? Its the wire connector in particular that I am puzzled about - the one that goes from the battery to the ECU. The rest of the instructions seem pretty straight forward.

Is this wire-connector something I can make myself, or is it best to go to a dealer for them to programme for me?

Any help is appreciated cheers!

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    try a honda specific forum

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    bike sold :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerkwaka View Post
    Hi,

Is this wire-connector something I can make myself, or is it best to go to a dealer for them to programme for me?

Any help is appreciated cheers!
    the connection loom has resistor diode voltage shunt built into it to stop battery voltage cooking your ecu, my advice would be to get your dealer to do it or to buy the proper loom. have seen the result of "she will be right I will just get some wires and connect it to the battery" it's not pretty and new ecu's aren't cheap.

Bike
    2001 CBR600 F Sport

Complete

After much trawling on the internet, and a bit of DIY, I have successfully programmed a new key!

Thread Information