Thread: TF125 question

Bike
    Bucket

TF125 question

Is anyone running a tf125? Just interested in the oil pump system, is it better to bypass and run premix or run the engine as Suzuki intended?

The oil pump feeds the left main bearing, and an oil slinger directs that next to the bigend, the right side main is lubed by gearbox oil. I've heard that some have run the oil pump with no cable, so it supplies oil by rpm only, and then premix in the tank. Unless you have a problem with the pump, I'd leave it on.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    The oil pump feeds the left main bearing, and an oil slinger directs that next to the bigend, the right side main is lubed by gearbox oil. I've heard that some have run the oil pump with no cable, so it supplies oil by rpm only, and then premix in the tank. Unless you have a problem with the pump, I'd leave it on.
    Premix is the way to go. remove the pump and make a simple cover. You will then be able to remove all of the auto oiler crap which will simplify your bike and make it lighter. You will now b able to experiment with fuel oil ratios and find the one that suits you best and you will never have to worry about if the (very old) oil pump is working.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    When doing a conversion it is best to look at where you remove oil feed from. Traditional oil supply to main bearings is a hole drilled from the transfer bottom to between the bearing and seal. On one old suzi I drilled a new hole and took out the feed from the pump. Then premix.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GPR150
    if you are racing it remove it .. 30 to 1 is what i used in my tf 100

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus25 View Post
    Is anyone running a tf125?
    Yes, they can be made to go quite well, there is a bit of info on here about them.
    If you a building a bucket one and start a build thread you are likely to get some good help.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Tf 125
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    When doing a conversion it is best to look at where you remove oil feed from. Traditional oil supply to main bearings is a hole drilled from the transfer bottom to between the bearing and seal. On one old suzi I drilled a new hole and took out the feed from the pump. Then premix.
    Old post I know but could you please show where to drill the hole? Much obliged

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Probably not an issue on a TF, been a long while, but look at any other 2 stroke on premixed. Left hand transfer has a hole leading to back side of bearing as seal is to flywheel on other side of hole. Oil dribbles down there quite effectively.

2 strokes that have sat for a while will need a crank rebuild as corrosion wrecks the surface of the rod just a little.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information