Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Track day crashes!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by vinducati View Post
    But seriously does anyone think a bike should be let on the track with no scrutineering?
    Oh fuck off! That sorta makes the organisers responsible for the worthiness of the bikes out on track. Buggered if I'd take that on.

Used to race in a club race series that didn't do scrutineering. Wasn't a problem.

Bike
    2001 Ducati Monster S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Good fucken luck to them. Their client signed a waiver stating that they couldn't hold anyone else accountable for any incident. At least, at every track day I've ever been to.

The company might not have signed the contract, but it'd be a fucken hard case for them to get their money from a court order.
    That is probably the case
    Have you taken your Ducati monster s4 to a trackday?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    That is probably the case
    Have you taken your Ducati monster s4 to a trackday?
    Nope, thrashed and crashed the living shit out of a 749R Ducati though. Good times.

Bike
    2001 Ducati Monster S4
    Love ducati's

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Love ducati's
    Not me. Hate the piles of shit with a passion.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Good fucken luck to them. Their client signed a waiver stating that they couldn't hold anyone else accountable for any incident. At least, at every track day I've ever been to.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (only ever done 2 trackdays as I'm normally marshalling) but doesn't the waiver only say organisers? ie, other participants can be held liable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong (only ever done 2 trackdays as I'm normally marshalling) but doesn't the waiver only say organisers? ie, other participants can be held liable?
    Not one that I've signed. Always said I was doing it aware of the risks, and on my own back.

Bike
    tedium
    I have heard that some insurance companies are looking at any incident at a trackday where the rider they cover has made a claim. If it involves another bike and that bike is seen to be the cause. As in passing to close and taking the rider out, or some such obvious incident they will pursue the rider at fault.
    So if you are uninsured they will want you to pay etc.
    If you are riding without insurance best ride in the fast group where insurance is void anyway.
    Have to say the AMCC days are run with better safety than others, all Marshall posts, marshals on track, and scrutineering.
    I think it is reckless to run a trackday where thee is no scrutineering at all.
    People just sign a disclaimer basically saying the did it themselves is a joke.

Sounds like bullshit and I'd quite happily tell the insurance company to take a running fuck and laugh as they threaten me with court action. It's a race track...the insurance companies won't have a leg to stand on. Are they gonna claim "reckless" driving because you're doing over 100 or braked too hard? Who's gonna be the judge and jury on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I will ask my broker friend about this. Its an interesting situation as more and more people take out track day coverage, sooner or later they will look for some way to recoup costs.
    It could be similar to say a negligent camper being billed for the cost of fighting a bushfire etc, so maybe if someone majorly negligent there could be a case, will ask my friend anyway...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Heard back from my broker friend, they will pursue costs anywhere there is a legal avenue. Couldn't get any specifics more than that but something to consider is when you sign the disclaimer you agree to abide by the rules of the day eg no passing on inside etc which kinda construes a contract.
    So if someone highsides in front of you causing you to crash , pure bad luck, no ones going to get chased for that.
    But if some muppet passes on inside and forces someone to crash then they could possible be chased up.
    Really it sounds like a complete non event for 99% of people who go to track days but if you are a complete muppet ignoring marshalls/rules etc you could expect problems from insured parties.

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    But if some muppet passes on inside and forces someone to crash then they could possible be chased up.
    Really it sounds like a complete non event for 99% of people who go to track days but if you are a complete muppet ignoring marshalls/rules etc you could expect problems from insured parties.
    "sorry...my brakes failed"
    "sorry...I was avoiding another rider"
    "sorry mate...I didn't see you"
    "sorry....I misjudged my braking marker and safest option was to go up inside rather than crash into back of other rider"
    "sorry...I got confused about the whole countersteering thing they instructed me to do"
    "sorry....I couldn't comprehend how slow that guy I crashed into was going....it's the medium group FFS and he was going way slower than everyone else."
    "sorry...I think there was a bit of oil on the track"
    "sorry...I've given the trackday officials a false name so good fuckin luck chasing me for it"

I expect fuck all problems from insured parties at a track day. Boss of piss is the maximum they can expect from me.

If you can't afford to bin it / can't pay the insurance excess / can't take time off work for injuries...don't take it to the fuckin track...end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Thread Information