Bike
    Vegas 8Ball 2014 Ultra
    Keep saving
    Anglo American Motorcycle Club

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    What can I say, I like to hear the rush of wind rushing through my hair
    Well, you won't get that on a Harley - maybe a gentle breeze wafting through your hair ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2012 Victory High Ball
    Still like my honda shadow,very reliable all the time i own the bike. Fuel last for ever,and speed is good too.
    Your budged will be not enough for the real deal, like a Victory. I bought one last april,and i can tell you only, most smiles per miles.
    Save some more money,or sell your soul to the devil to get what is good.
    See you on the southern roads.

Bike
    You'd get a decent Speedmaster for $10k.

Thank me later.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Victory Vegas 8 Ball
    If you've only got $8-10k then you definitely aint getting a Harley but you can't go wrong with a Honda Shadow. Good, solid, reliable, nice runner. Not really a big cruiser and you'll probably get bored and want something more grunty in a year but you'll enjoy it while you've got it. Any M50 or 109 owners I've come across spend too much time telling me how their bikes are better and a much more sensible purchase than a Harley to the extent that it put me off them and I kind of think they missed the point. When someone buys a Harley, they're not buying a bike....(and they're certainly not being sensible) they're buying image and status....fair enough a pretty naff image and status to alot of people but it works for them and that's all that matters at the end of the day. Good on them. I quite liked the look of the Kawasaki Meanstreak when I was in the market but in the end I opted for my Vegas 8 Ball. Worked for me....couldn't really give a shit that its all american (whatever that means) and after throwing my leg over a ton of Harley's, Suzuki's, Trumpy's etc...I found it the best fitting bike I've ever been on. I'd of bought it if it was made in Taiwan. Dude, just take a few test rides and buy whatever you love the most that's within your budget.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...you could get a very reliable and go anywhere, no frills sportster for all that most require, for that price...the market forces that regulate our cruise speed at around 104 k's make anything other than a TQ motor or thereabouts irrelevant...or you could buy my '78 GL 1000 for an equally relevant price...sits up nicely at 180k...

Bike
    Victory Vegas 8 Ball
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...you could get a very reliable and go anywhere, no frills sportster for all that most require, for that price...the market forces that regulate our cruise speed at around 104 k's make anything other than a TQ motor or thereabouts irrelevant...or you could buy my '78 GL 1000 for an equally relevant price...sits up nicely at 180k...
    Good call re the Sportster but it really depends how tall you are. Anyone 6ft plus or with longer legs might find the sporty a bit uncomfortable

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangsta View Post
    Good call re the Sportster but it really depends how tall you are. Anyone 6ft plus or with longer legs might find the sporty a bit uncomfortable
    ...true...I'm not a big block kiddy, but...I having ridden a mates FXD and think it is a wild ride...and as close as I could imagine a sporty to be on steroids...then again I'm a homo hoo h'likes Hondas...

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    You'd get a decent Speedmaster for $10k.

Thank me later.
    Good call there

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    if you are talking a harely sportster I hate the fucking things, I have riden a few now and none of them come close to either of the VT's I have for comfort ..... might be different if you are 5 foot something, then you have the flat batteries in them if not used often enough, the engine coating that looks good for 5 minutes etc etc

I am not anti Harley's, I wouldn't mind a Fat Bob if it was a good one IE not one that gets the feet numb with Vibes, bike to bike even on the same models they vary sooo much :P

Bike
    FJR 1300

Thanks Guys and Girls

As I said at the beginning, I'm not into Harleys, if you are good for you. Ive set my mind on a budget that suits me, to buy a toy. I will at some stage take a Cruiser for a test ride, to get an idea if it suits me.
    I like to ride a bike, sitting around polishing and admiring a bike, it eats into my precious riding time, as I'm not into brand names and labels, I couldn't give a rats about the catalog with the brands shiney bolt on bits, or his and hers hand bags. I geuss that the marketing departments hate me, because I would rather figure out what I want to buy, rather than be sold to.

Bike
    2010 YAMAHA XVS 1100
    I looked around for a few months before buying mine.
    Looked at the Shadow's and Boulevards, etc, but ended up getting a Yamaha XVS.
    The shaft drive was the major buying point for me but also the carb's and air cooling for easy maintenance.
    I think the Yamaha's are often overlooked as there arent many out there but it's an awesome bike. Would recommend.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Yep I like shaft drive, and I have been considering the Yamaha's, I also quiet like the look of the Kawasaki's, I think I would prefer shaft drive over belt drive.

Bike
    Depends on the ride.
    [QUOTE=Pedrostt500;1130663528] probably purchase some time around the end of the year.
    Well you have almost a year to decide.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    So who has had or owns a Yamaha XVZ 1300, what did you think, ie pros / cons, and mods?.

Thread Information