Thread: Tourists on wrong side of road

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT

Tourists on wrong side of road

I was wondering if tourists finding themselves in a headon situation tried to turn back to the correct side of the road or reacted on
    instinct and put it in the bank on your side of the road? Does it make a difference if they approach you round a left or right corner
    (from your prospetive).
    Just thought the popo on here may have attended enough of these to have seen a bit of a pattern.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    The incident I had they either froze or didn't have time to react. I was just lucky I was in a left hander when I "met" them & standing it up was enough to get around them. I would have been roadkill if anyone was following them on their correct side.
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    2013 KTM Duke 200
    Been there, done that. Nothing beat the feeling of stupid when you turn up on the wrong side of the road in the middle of peak hour city traffic.

Took me about a year to acclimatize to left hand traffic, but still happens I end up on the wrong side.
    From Sweden, in NZ for a 1 year visit.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    I have done it in Invercargill, Driving up the road abusing people for being on my side.
    Was a really confusing bit of road layout though.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    In my experience it is completely unpredictable. The only action you can predict is your own. I slow and pull off the road as far as possible. Stop if I have to, all the while flashing lights and tooting horn. Around Rotorua it can be pretty common. Worst case I saw was two pulling out of Hell's gate @ Tikitere, heading East.
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    2008 R6
    Ya.... I've done it in parking lots a few times when I was there, in S. Africa or Cayman Islands. On the road it wasn't too bad. The other thing a tourist will do is hit the wind shield wipers instead of the turn signal and vice versa.

Then we get back home and repeat the opposite here.

Thread Information