Page 104 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 16076

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Its the size of the weekly expenditure though.
    You would expect most people buying that kind of value bike would have bigger deposits I guess.
    And with payments like that ..if they bin it ... they end up with nothing.

Not even the wreck ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    W..t.f? $3000 for the bike, $15,000 for the life changing expierence.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-930203027.htm
    The bike is stunning .. I'd love to own it ... the price is way over the fucking top ... One third that price and he MIGHT get it ... even then images of hills, pushing and shit spring to mind ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Triumph Thruxton, 35K worth double with improvements.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-929691602.htm
    I see Ohlins forks, big-ass Brembo brakes, some sort of custom triple clamp, ohlins shocks and either PVM or Marchesini wheels. the rear wheel looks fatter than stock implying work to the swingarm and frame (maybe) and the oil cooler is larger than stock, perhaps implying more horsepowers. That pipe is very cool too.

Put it this way: I am a middle aged office dwelling fart, and I want to "re live my yoof" I ride a stock Bonnie or Thrux and go "yeah, it isnt quite doing it for me ... but I dont want a Harley I want to go round the odd corner or two and be able to stop in less than the length of the Queen Mary. Oh look, for the same money as a Harley I can get this? where do I sign?" Usually those guys dont need finance and there should be wiggle room for cash.

Those forks have got to be $8k a pair retail right?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    The bike is stunning .. I'd love to own it ... the price is way over the fucking top ... One third that price and he MIGHT get it ... even then images of hills, pushing and shit spring to mind ..
    same.

It reminds me a lot of an XLCR Harley.

He should put it on a $1 reserve then you and I can battle it out.....

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I see Ohlins forks, big-ass Brembo brakes, some sort of custom triple clamp, ohlins shocks and either PVM or Marchesini wheels. the rear wheel looks fatter than stock implying work to the swingarm and frame (maybe) and the oil cooler is larger than stock, perhaps implying more horsepowers. That pipe is very cool too.

Put it this way: I am a middle aged office dwelling fart, and I want to "re live my yoof" I ride a stock Bonnie or Thrux and go "yeah, it isnt quite doing it for me ... but I dont want a Harley I want to go round the odd corner or two and be able to stop in less than the length of the Queen Mary. Oh look, for the same money as a Harley I can get this? where do I sign?" Usually those guys dont need finance and there should be wiggle room for cash.

Yeah .. it's a nice bike .. but they only, in the end, run 68horses ... my Suzie 650 is way above that ... and it cost me a shit load less than this ... for fun value I'l take the mid-range bandit any day of the week ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250

Fwiw pretty sure there Carraozzeria rims as on my TL.Nice looking bike and if someones got that sorta cash for a bike then good luck to em hope whoever buys it enjoys it.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Yeah .. it's a nice bike .. but they only, in the end, run 68horses ... my Suzie 650 is way above that ... and it cost me a shit load less than this ... for fun value I'l take the mid-range bandit any day of the week ..
    Richard Pollock (Mule motorcycles) is on the record as saying that motor is good for 95RW HP. He is not known as a bullshitter.

Like everything though innit: speed costs money: how fast can you afford to go?

Bike
    Various
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-929691602.htm

Whats with the "Shuzi"on the tank, isn't that the name of the snake oil bracelets Gary Goodfellow pedals? Appears to be their logo as well.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Richard Pollock (Mule motorcycles) is on the record as saying that motor is good for 95RW HP. He is not known as a bullshitter.

Like everything though innit: speed costs money: how fast can you afford to go?
    I think the bikes quite well done. Other than the red I would get tempted by it if money wasn't an issue. Bet it handles and stops well. Im not sure if its going to sell and 29990 would make it more attractive.

Issue would be if you could afford to pay 35k for it would you buy a new Norton instead?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-845079906.htm
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    I think the bikes quite well done. Other than the red I would get tempted by it if money wasn't an issue. Bet it handles and stops well. Im not sure if its going to sell and 29990 would make it more attractive.

Issue would be if you could afford to pay 35k for it would you buy a new Norton instead?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-845079906.htm
    The Norton for me in a heartbeat...mind you that fugly exhaust would need to go so there more $

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

"Wiggle room for cash"?

That makes no sense. The shop makes more money on finance deals.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    "Wiggle room for cash"?

Its a funny thing though. The buyer believes he/she has upper hand with cash to spend. The buyer that needs to lend does not believe.

Shops know this and treat the cash buyer like a fund that can walk away. They treat a finance buyer as a customer who cant afford to by privately.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    "Wiggle room for cash"?

And it was the financial arm of HD that apparently came close to closing their doors during the GFC.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Its a funny thing though. The buyer believes he/she has upper hand with cash to spend. The buyer that needs to lend does not believe.

Shops know this and treat the cash buyer like a fund that can walk away. They treat a finance buyer as a customer who cant afford to by privately.
    Back in the day people wanting finance got the red carpet rolled out all the way to the finance managers door...longer the better,chuck in a few warrantys and everybodys smiling.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Bird in the hand. . . Playing the long game is all very well but cashflow is king so you need to have a spread of quick and slow money. The more the finance will throw you straight away the more you will pay for it.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information