Page 11 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Gone
    Don't buy it. Wait till you get your license and buy a 1000 instead. Those CBRs are ridiculously overpriced, especially if they have cheap shitty "repsol" fairings with them. I can almost guarantee that they're cheap chinese trash and will fall apart.

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    [QUOTE=biketimus_prime;1130720817]Not really an optimistic seller, but I'm being an optimistic buyer. How much should I expect to pay for this? http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=729793613
    Anyone know the seller or the bike? What should I look out for?

Sounds expensive but look at his other listing http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-729793610.htm

which I've commented on before.
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    Don't buy it. Wait till you get your license and buy a 1000 instead. Those CBRs are ridiculously overpriced, especially if they have cheap shitty "repsol" fairings with them. I can almost guarantee that they're cheap chinese trash and will fall apart.
    Really? They may be cheap and have a rubbish fit but I have not heard of anyone having trouble with them falling apart.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Thanks guys. I was going to wait till I get my full and get something better after that but I just thought it would be cool to have a bike that is a little bit faster and sportier than my current one. I did get advised to not bother just getting another 250 bike as they're all thrashed.

Is that F4i CBR a ripoff? I have no idea. However you could get an R6 for cheaper...

Oh and how about this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-715967830.htm

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Why the fuck is there a Ralli-Art sticker on that Hondas fuel tank?
    Jesus some cunts are fucked. Buying a honda is one thing, but putting a Mitsubishi sticker on it is something else all together.

Chinese fairings are also getting better, most look identical to OEM if you get them from Auctmarts or DivinityMotor.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Why the fuck is there a Ralli-Art sticker on that Hondas fuel tank?
    Jesus some cunts are fucked. Buying a honda is one thing, but putting a Mitsubishi sticker on it is something else all together.
    Coz every sticker is HP +10!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    I just lost count
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    Not really an optimistic seller, but I'm being an optimistic buyer. How much should I expect to pay for this? http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=729793613
    Under those fancy arse pretty fairings is still a 23 year old bike that has been thrashed for the last 50,000km and has been dropped at least once (why else would you shell out for new fairings). His start price is top dollar, if the engine is in good condition and the frame is straight.

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    I just lost count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Coz every sticker is HP +10!!
    An 80hp+ 250!

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    To me, a 1989-90 250 should be worth no more than about $1200-1500. Unless it is a rare, properly restored example.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Not really an optimistic seller, but I'm being an optimistic buyer. How much should I expect to pay for this?
    If its the bike i think it is, its a high km's, low maintenance (as in forgot to change the oil) bike.
    The paint job was a good one, cost him a pretty penny ($3K+?) and was worth more than the bike.
    If its stickers - than I don't know the bike sorry.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Not really an optimistic seller, but I'm being an optimistic buyer. How much should I expect to pay for this? http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=729793613
    I talked to him when I was looking for my RR. I don't think he'll be getting that new kitchen anytime soon if that's what he's selling the bikes for

He also has a few different trademe accounts for some reason. Seemed like a nice enough guy, but meh.

As for the old clapped out bikes vs new, fark shelling out for some gutless 'modern' (modern as in late model year wise, but old tech with restrictions for emissions) piece of crap. Plenty of lemons out there for both old and new but there is definitely no where near as much fun factor on a lot of the new 250s vs pre 93. Its not where the focus is anymore for manufactures I guess. Also so long as you don't blow it up you won't lose as much buying older when it comes time to sell.

If you're commuting heaps however and have no other vehicle, modern (anything older that 2010 can be classed as clapped out shit now btw, for anywhere other than NZ ) and gutless is the safe choice maybe? You do have the option of stepping up in size, which is something to consider depending on what gets you buzzing when you ride (the best sub 650 bikes are not on the LAMS list however...).

In the end with vehicles, there is no right answer. Go with whatever floats your boat and whatever trade offs you are happy with. You're the one riding it, and no matter what it is going to cost you money

Bike
    Bikes!
    Yay, it's shiny.

Forget it. $2800, illegal HID headlight, aftermarket paint, 50 million kms on the clock, two decades worth of raping by learners. Fuck that shit.

Just buy something cheap to rape while you sort out your license. I know a guy with an MC19 that has no paint job (ok, I think it's all white primer), looks like shit, but would only owe you half that. Both are going to be arse to ride, it's just that one is half the money. Not that you care, you just want something to beat on till you get the next license.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Yeah I've just decided to stick with my trusty GSX250. At least it's a known quantity and reliable. Who knows what nasty surprises will await me with the other bikes. I'll just save my coin till I can get a bigger bike next year with my full licence.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Fuckin right. That's a decision you're unlikely to regret. The reality is that IL4 250s are slow pieces of shite that do a million revs but takes years to get the needle that high. The fun Nazis won't let you have a real (2 stroke) 250 yet, so just bide your time.

Bike
    '08 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Fuckin right. That's a decision you're unlikely to regret. The reality is that IL4 250s are slow pieces of shite that do a million revs but takes years to get the needle that high. The fun Nazis won't let you have a real (2 stroke) 250 yet, so just bide your time.
    Oh I dunno, they aren't thaaaaat bad. It's more that they are slow pieces of shite for the money you have to pay to get a good one. But it was so much worse years back. When I got my licence it was about 5.5-6k to buy a decent 250, and about 7k from a dealer! Then the new Ninja came out (that is even more slow and shite, but looks mean as ow), and the IL4 decline began....
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

Thread Information