Page 266 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 16076

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    do you even know what one is Drew?
    I always thought they were tucked in behind suicide doors...

I got quite good at riding vintage rigids and doing clutchless across the tank hand changes...But i wouldn't ride one of those extended POS if you paid me.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Greg 1
    drew zero
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    do you even know what one is Drew?
    Foot clutch, hand shifter. Most spastic I've ever felt was trying to get one to move.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Foot clutch, hand shifter. Most spastic I've ever felt was trying to get one to move.
    not quite, it's a foot clutch that doesn't have a lock so you can foot clutch it and take your foot off the pedal, that's the real meaning.
    very rare, both my hendersons and ace which are 1918-1924 are foot clutch hand change but not suicide.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    A sister thread to this one would be Optimistic Buyers. I have my bike listed for $2300 on turd me. So far each inquiry has been from people who don't have any money,
    Queries, 'Hey bro I really love this bike. How much to transport it to Auckland?'
    ' I only have $800 will you take that much?
    ' If you can drop the price to a $1000, I can give you some now and the rest in a months time.'
    ' I don't have any money now, can you keep your bike until I get some?'
    ' Will you take 1000 bucks now for a quick sale?'.
    ' I just need to sell my bike first. If I give you $200, will you hold the bike for me?.

I have stuck a note below the bike details. "If you only have a $1000, go look for a $1000 bike, Dickheads will not get emails replied to".

'
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    2015 Suzuki Wee-Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    A sister thread to this one would be Optimistic Buyers. I have my bike listed for $2300 on turd me. So far each inquiry has been from people who don't have any money,
    Queries, 'Hey bro I really love this bike. How much to transport it to Auckland?'
    ' I only have $800 will you take that much?
    ' If you can drop the price to a $1000, I can give you some now and the rest in a months time.'
    ' I don't have any money now, can you keep your bike until I get some?'
    ' Will you take 1000 bucks now for a quick sale?'.
    ' I just need to sell my bike first. If I give you $200, will you hold the bike for me?.

I have stuck a note below the bike details. "If you only have a $1000, go look for a $1000 bike, Dickheads will not get emails replied to".

'
    Not that it helps, but I'm getting the same. As it is, I'm advertising at 20% lower than a similar, but double the age, bike. So when someone offered me close to another 20% lower I suggested he needed to update the search for older / smaller engine bikes.

Although my favourite were the emails from someone who was really really intererested, but couldn't come to test ride as he was offshore on a ship and so wanted to pay by paypal and then get his shipping agent to collect. I wasn't sure how to wrap up a 250cc scooter so I declined his kind offer.... Several weeks of daft questions later and I'm wondering if that rejection was a mistake.....

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Not that it helps, but I'm getting the same. As it is, I'm advertising at 20% lower than a similar, but double the age, bike. So when someone offered me close to another 20% lower I suggested he needed to update the search for older / smaller engine bikes.

Although my favourite were the emails from someone who was really really intererested, but couldn't come to test ride as he was offshore on a ship and so wanted to pay by paypal and then get his shipping agent to collect. I wasn't sure how to wrap up a 250cc scooter so I declined his kind offer.... Several weeks of daft questions later and I'm wondering if that rejection was a mistake.....
    A while ago, a lot of sellers were getting offers by some overseas person claiming to be buying for his son who was working offshore on an oil rig. He was advocating the same deal as you received.

I received another inquiry tonight, 'Hey dude, I want to cruz down and check out your bike'. I replied, Hey 'dude', turn up with the cash, then you can 'check out' the bike. If you get the idea I'm not too concerned about selling in a hurry, you're probably right.
    Any buyer who starts with Hey dude, bro, man, cuz probably wears his baseball cap on back to front and hasn't changed his T shirt in a week.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    A while ago, a lot of sellers were getting offers by some overseas person claiming to be buying for his son who was working offshore on an oil rig. He was advocating the same deal as you received.

I received another inquiry tonight, 'Hey dude, I want to cruz down and check out your bike'. I replied, Hey 'dude', turn up with the cash, then you can 'check out' the bike. If you get the idea I'm not too concerned about selling in a hurry, you're probably right.
    Any buyer who starts with Hey dude, bro, man, cuz probably wears his baseball cap on back to front and hasn't changed his T shirt in a week.
    Here speaketh a curmudgeon...

meanwhile in Trademeville a few more dudes, bros, mans and cuzzies are writing searching questions for you...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Please note price has been reduced.

Oh yeah? Has 1998 been made closer to now?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1116930478.htm

Bike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I learnt to ride on my sister's xl. But I'm not $2000 sentimental. $1200 buys you a light years better KDX.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1118079049.htm

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Several weeks of daft questions later and I'm wondering if that rejection was a mistake.....
    Chin up, I had two scammers in 3 weeks when selling my ute, no other bites. Then a fella from near Whangarei contacts me, wants to see the following day, then shifts up to same evening. Money transferred, they drive down, ute sale completed in under a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1113026376.htmThis is a lot of money, but I'mreally just posting it up bbecause its cool. Should come with the sticker kit at this money, and the engine is the wrong colour. PJ1 used to do the right shade.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Hahahahaha
    Sigh
    Hahaha.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1116783818.htm

I could do this all day, I'd better stop.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    No its seems I can't.

Shitty $400 hack from the 80s. Check
    Exhaust wrap, check
    Seat modified by an eight yearold. Check.

And where is that clutch lever pointed???

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1112214165.htm

Thread Information