Page 307 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407807 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 16081

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I consider the Yamaha FJ1100/1200 series to be very collectable.
    Interesting. Why?

Not being rude, but there was nothing ground breaking about them - there was a very nice looking special edition in black and gold I have lustful memories of but otherwise are they not one of the best examples of a totally robust do it all Japanese IL4.

One excellent bike for modifications :-) collectible?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Interesting. Why?

Not being rude, but there was nothing ground breaking about them - there was a very nice looking special edition in black and gold I have lustful memories of but otherwise are they not one of the best examples of a totally robust do it all Japanese IL4.

Something like this may tickle your wassit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fj 1200.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	289.4 KB 
ID:	324372  

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Something like this may tickle your wassit.
    That is a disgusting looking pig. You should be made to eat Judith Collins's cunt for even showing it to us, seeing as you obviously like pigs.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    That is a disgusting looking pig. You should be made to eat Judith Collins's cunt for even showing it to us, seeing as you obviously like pigs.
    I would. I love pussay. ;-)
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Winston says it's too dusty.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Interesting. Why?

I think it was one of the first jap bikes with a perimeter style frame? I think from a Yamaha fan point of view, yes collectable.
    I had the choice of a FJ1100 or a RZ500 back in the day when they first came out. After a test ride, it was a no brainer for me - off I went in a haze of blue smoke - BRAAAPPPP!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I would. I love pussay. ;-)
    there's a vast difference between pussay and a dirty old stench trench like heres would be, i don't think you'd dare put anything in your fridge that looked like that...

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Interesting. Why?

NOTHING GROUND BREAKING?

First japanese 'perimiter framed' bike. Ergo first 'decent handling' 1ltr plus Jap bike where the frame actually could HANDLE the engine performance.
    It was also among first japanese 'monoshock' bikes.

Not the best example of a robust do it all??

Then why pray was the FJ1200 seen as one of the best sport tourers built? {and still respected today} it was the ONLY bike of its day that was in production for over a decade unchanged... because it was not a good, do it all, robust, big bike?
    Oh it has it's issues for sure... the handling is like an ocean liner compared to today's bikes.... if it's been thrashed {like many other yam's} 2nd gear can jump out.
    Rear wheel size is an 'oddball'.. it isnt economical, but then, back then? Compared to an H1 or H2 or GT750?

That motor was a anachronism back then being air cooled, but it is an absolute peach..... maybe you should go ride an XJR 12/1300 and appreciate how sweet that engine is.

Yes I have a 'fond spot' for the FJ's..... of course by today's standards it is a bit primitive in the frame dept... but it still is very capable of huge distances at a fair clip.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    NOTHING GROUND BREAKING?

First japanese 'perimiter framed' bike. Ergo first 'decent handling' 1ltr plus Jap bike where the frame actually could HANDLE the engine performance.

My 1983 GPZ1100 was Uni Track (a year earlier than an FJ), and made as much power and handled better. Just as reliable, and a shitload better looking. Oh, and it was fuel injected too. Ground breaking? Nah...

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    My 1983 GPZ1100 was Uni Track (a year earlier than an FJ), and made as much power and handled better. Just as reliable, and a shitload better looking. Oh, and it was fuel injected too. Ground breaking? Nah...
    i did say one of, not the first 'monoshock'
    Pete I remember, rode, rode with those GPz's..... nah mate cant agree they handled 'better' than the FJ... and that perimeter frame was ground breaking' for the Japs.... think the only other bike to use it then was the Bimota, if memory serves correctly.

Yeh the fuel injected kwaka's??? let's not go there huh??
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Yo momma
    I didn't know Judith Collins had a cunt.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    NOTHING GROUND BREAKING?

That motor was a anachronism back then being air cooled, but it is an absolute peach..... maybe you should go ride an XJR 12/1300 and appreciate how sweet that engine is.
    Best re-read what I wrote - I said 'are they not one of the best examples of a robust ......' NOT 'they are not ..' as you have taken it. And yes I have ridden them but if looking for a collectors bike for future value (which was the start of this comment) I'd look somewhere else.

Bloody fine bikes but still nothing groundbreaking IMO to make them collectible.

Mono shock was out way before that model - Yamaha I recall had them on the LC two strokes, Kawasaki on GPZ's Honda Pro-link ......

Of that era the first model GSXR750 is collectible as a game changer.

Bike
    Various things

Yeh the fuel injected kwaka's??? let's not go there huh??
    Kawasaki first injected the KZ1000 in 1980. By the time my GPZ came along (after the GPZ1100B2), they had it well sorted. I owned that thing for years. Drag raced it, road raced it, and generally cause havoc with it. Went trouble free for ever. Coped with going from 1100 to 1170, from std exhaust to 4-1, airbox to none. Never missed a beat.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    You too, should be forced to eat Judith Collins's cunt for posting such things. You need to get out more. That bike, is as much of an ugly fat pig as she is.
    Your obvious fascination with the National MP's private parts and pork is....disturbing to the point where maybe it's your half secret fantasy.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I didn't know Judith Collins had a cunt.
    Her husband does. That and swamp kauri.

Thread Information